Lewis Co Panthers

ddaddy

They are learning each week......Defending against the spread. Next years group will at least have that to learn from. Sure hope they start to pass some, and spread the ball around to others......so the defense can't just sit on 1 or 2. Going to be a rough year for Lewis, no doubt about it. Maybe after this year the coaching staff will be able to come up with a few more wrinkles. Feel bad for this Senior group, they have worked hard and hung in there for all these years. I also heard that the crowd was down from last year.........a lot of empty seats. These kids deserve more than that. I still think they will find a few wins along the way, right now 1 would be great to give them some confidence.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New district, new players, new season. We should all realize this when we are comparing this year's Panthers to the past 4 years. They are not the Panthers of Old, we all have seen that in the last 3 weeks.

Offensive problems are coming from the inexperience, lack of effort, and disbelief in the offensive scheme. And that disbelief comes from fans and parents who think if you throw the ball you are a better team. If it works for 11 wins a year it is a great offense!

Leadership is like trying to find Bigfoot out there this year, no one has really jerked one of their teamates for not doing their job. Everyone is still waiting on a Kane Crowell, David Sharp, or Benji Rainey to emerge from the shadows and take control.

Leadership is not looking at someone and giving them the blame, it's someone who will look you in the eyes and tell you that you are not giving us everything, and it has to come from someone who is doing their job!

Defensively we are still trying to find our identity, Hard hitting has NOT been a influential part of this year's defense, that is not a characteristic of the Panthers. Also, there is some back talk from the players who for some reason think they know more than the guys who are doing this for a living.

SELL OUT, be the guys who refuse to lose, the ones who will not lay their helmet down and find a reason to quit but the type of player that can be depended upon each and every play they are on the field.

Last year we saw heart, pride, and character. This year we see bad attitudes, lack of discipline and no fight.

I totally agree 100% with you LCHSgrinch. This is not the same old panthers. The experience is definitely not there. This is a young group of guys who are hopefully learning alot this year and will turn this program around.

When #10 is at QB, they might call a passing play. He is not the running QB LC has typically seen in the past, so the defense knows one of the three backs is getting the ball. When #2 is QB, he at least can run so the defense has to somewhat guess if he or the backs have the ball. Not as much of a threat to throw the ball as #10.

This defense, like most of the other panther defenses in the past, is struggling against the passing game. It seems worse this year because we are actually playing against teams in the REGULAR season who can pass the ball. For the most part, LC did not face a throwing offense until the playoffs. If the players are dedicated, an I think they are, they will learn from each game and should get better.

I see a lot of kids on the sideline wanting to blame others for a missed tackle, missed block, and simply not taking responsibility for their actions. This is a team game. One player cannot win/lose a ball game.This attitude is contagious and can cause a team great trials. Each player must be held accountable for his actions on the field by the coaches and their teammates. Without this, there is a lack of discipline and respect. Likewise, the coaches must also be held accountable for his actions also, especially when it comes to motivation. Confidence is a great tool to have and one can crush that confidence in a matter of moments. I have heard a lot of talk about comments the coach(es) have said to the players, especially at practice and in the locker room. Be careful the words that you say, because it gets around and is not always uplifting nor encouraging. Granted there is a way to motivate, but some of these comments are unacceptible and do not get anywhere. So I wold say the bad attitude is coming from the players and coaches!

New district, new players, new season. We should all realize this when we are comparing this year's Panthers to the past 4 years. They are not the Panthers of Old, we all have seen that in the last 3 weeks.

Offensive problems are coming from the inexperience, lack of effort, and disbelief in the offensive scheme. And that disbelief comes from fans and parents who think if you throw the ball you are a better team. If it works for 11 wins a year it is a great offense!

Leadership is like trying to find Bigfoot out there this year, no one has really jerked one of their teamates for not doing their job. Everyone is still waiting on a Kane Crowell, David Sharp, or Benji Rainey to emerge from the shadows and take control.

Leadership is not looking at someone and giving them the blame, it's someone who will look you in the eyes and tell you that you are not giving us everything, and it has to come from someone who is doing their job!

Defensively we are still trying to find our identity, Hard hitting has NOT been a influential part of this year's defense, that is not a characteristic of the Panthers. Also, there is some back talk from the players who for some reason think they know more than the guys who are doing this for a living.

SELL OUT, be the guys who refuse to lose, the ones who will not lay their helmet down and find a reason to quit but the type of player that can be depended upon each and every play they are on the field.

Last year we saw heart, pride, and character. This year we see bad attitudes, lack of discipline and no fight.

I see.......its just the players fault. Your right comparing this years panthers to last years.......you can't. This years don't have Loretto, Richland, Stewart, Waverly or Houston for wins.In 07 they lost houston and Stewart but replaced them with Ezell and Harpeth. OVer that 4 year period they have a combined record of 60 wins vs. 148 Loss. This years schedule has a record of of 8 Playoff teams from last year. I don't have the winning %, but it was listed in Murphy Fair book.......Big differance. 11 Wins a year is alittle bit misleading compared to the level of Competition they are playing against this year. This year has plenty of talent, they are not wishing for anyone. I have read both positvie and neg. about them......they have good attitudes and are working hard, and then they don't. I guess it is in the "eyes of the beholder". Idon't think its about the past when talking about passing......going to all passing, but at least have the threat of it to back some of these players off some and not just load up the box and dare them to pass. These kids have worked as hard as any, the numbers show, they have played as hard as any. When your only scoring 13-15 points a game I think you would have to look at some other things to do in the offense. I completely disagree with your statement about this years panther players. They have played hard in each game, it does appear that they started to wear down in the page game. This years bunch is as good as any. They have their own play makers. Are some lacking.....maybe, but to just say the "team" is just wrong. If there is fault.....it belongs not only to the players, but the coaches also. The only common opponent they have played from last years teams is MTP, which Lewis won in the last minute + at home thanks to a lucky bounce of a fumble to save it for Lewis. I guess what I'm saying is give this bunch a chance instead of finding fault. No way you can compare the past with the present.....apples and oranges.

FYI......since 87 Lewis is 1-4 against Collinwood out scored 121-75. I still think Lewis will pull a few surprises along the way also, and if they don't it won't be because of attitude or lack of effort.

I totally agree 100% with you LCHSgrinch. This is not the same old panthers. The experience is definitely not there. This is a young group of guys who are hopefully learning alot this year and will turn this program around.

When #10 is at QB, they might call a passing play. He is not the running QB LC has typically seen in the past, so the defense knows one of the three backs is getting the ball. When #2 is QB, he at least can run so the defense has to somewhat guess if he or the backs have the ball. Not as much of a threat to throw the ball as #10.

This defense, like most of the other panther defenses in the past, is struggling against the passing game. It seems worse this year because we are actually playing against teams in the REGULAR season who can pass the ball. For the most part, LC did not face a throwing offense until the playoffs. If the players are dedicated, an I think they are, they will learn from each game and should get better.

I see a lot of kids on the sideline wanting to blame others for a missed tackle, missed block, and simply not taking responsibility for their actions. This is a team game. One player cannot win/lose a ball game.This attitude is contagious and can cause a team great trials. Each player must be held accountable for his actions on the field by the coaches and their teammates. Without this, there is a lack of discipline and respect. Likewise, the coaches must also be held accountable for his actions also, especially when it comes to motivation. Confidence is a great tool to have and one can crush that confidence in a matter of moments. I have heard a lot of talk about comments the coach(es) have said to the players, especially at practice and in the locker room. Be careful the words that you say, because it gets around and is not always uplifting nor encouraging. Granted there is a way to motivate, but some of these comments are unacceptible and do not get anywhere. So I wold say the bad attitude is coming from the players and coaches!

Made some good points... :thumb: . No one player or coach is at fault.....everyone it going to have to keep believing. They can turn it around. I think both players and coaches are learning as they go. Lewis has plenty of talent I have seen it, 0-3 isn't good.....especially when they are use to all the winning records in the past, but things will improve, this year is a good experience and learning for all concerned in the program. They lose together and they win...you can' blame one player or group when things are going bad, and give credit to one group when things are good........both take the responsibility in good times and bad. They all are a team........coaches and players. They have to look at each other and figure out whats good instead of whats wrong and build on the good! Good luck Lewis......you still have a lot of people that believe in you. I know your working your tails off......it "will " pay off down the line. If the coaches still believe in you and you believe in yourselves.......it will happen!!!!!

Okay Panthers....Here we are at Week 4 of the season...That first win is still within reach just waiting for you all to reach out and grab it! I believe this team has the fight and determination to turn things around and NOW is the time to do it. Don't sit back and listen to all of the negative comments floating around and just give up. FIGHT BACK!

Seniors...this is your year! Pump your team up, get out there on the field, and play ball! Play hard, hit hard, and be the winners we all know you can be. Coaches - Get behind you team, be positive, and motivate your players! The first three games are behind us, use the positive from these games, learn from the mistakes, and move forward as a team. Everything up to this point is in the past - it cannot be changed - but as coaches/players you can shape these next few weeks. Are you going to lay down and quit or are you going to hold you head up and GET OUT THERE AND FIGHT and know that you have given it your all at season end.

As for the nay sayers in the community....SHAME ON YOU! Get behind your Lewis County Panthers - win or lose - and SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

Several good post bad attitude is a cancer .The you dont have to be an upper classman to be a leader somebody with some heart stand up and defend LC reputation. Players ,Parents ,fans and coaches stay positive . Everybody is so negitive in everywhere I go ( gloom and doom ). I dont get to watch LC play because my son plays at another school but I love me some LC football . I sure dont want this to be the fall of Rome .If you are a LC fan or player the time is now to come together and believe in this team and coaches. What is it gonna cost you ? Lets give everybody support and if your not happy tell it the end of the year because you are tearing this program apart. Do you think somebody is gonna fire coach Sharp ? Not happening nor does it need to. Do you think LC is goona get a new group of 6-2 ,275 lbs boys in mid season? Not happening this is your team and I am sure they are good players . There are some good playerson this team not gonna get in to that . KEEP IT TOGETHER :lol::D

Okay Panthers....Here we are at Week 4 of the season...That first win is still within reach just waiting for you all to reach out and grab it! I believe this team has the fight and determination to turn things around and NOW is the time to do it. Don't sit back and listen to all of the negative comments floating around and just give up. FIGHT BACK!

Seniors...this is your year! Pump your team up, get out there on the field, and play ball! Play hard, hit hard, and be the winners we all know you can be. Coaches - Get behind you team, be positive, and motivate your players! The first three games are behind us, use the positive from these games, learn from the mistakes, and move forward as a team. Everything up to this point is in the past - it cannot be changed - but as coaches/players you can shape these next few weeks. Are you going to lay down and quit or are you going to hold you head up and GET OUT THERE AND FIGHT and know that you have given it your all at season end.

As for the nay sayers in the community....SHAME ON YOU! Get behind your Lewis County Panthers - win or lose - and SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

Good post there Fan! They seem to be in every game. I sure hope the people there don't let these players down. They are playing HARD! I understand you are beaten up some. I heard about losing your starting LB in the first game.....What a blow to the team, he was something special. I'm sure he would have made a differance in the outcome of some of these close games. I understand you have quite a few players playing hard even though they are really banged up.....shows grit and determination. I can't wait to see this bunch get that first one..its going to mean more to them than all the wins in previous years did to those...those were expected. Nothing but the best to all Lewis county players and fans (those that hang in there and give true support, and not just fair weather fans) . :roflol:

I see.......its just the players fault. Your right comparing this years panthers to last years.......you can't. This years don't have Loretto, Richland, Stewart, Waverly or Houston for wins.In 07 they lost houston and Stewart but replaced them with Ezell and Harpeth. OVer that 4 year period they have a combined record of 60 wins vs. 148 Loss. This years schedule has a record of of 8 Playoff teams from last year. I don't have the winning %, but it was listed in Murphy Fair book.......Big differance. 11 Wins a year is alittle bit misleading compared to the level of Competition they are playing against this year. This year has plenty of talent, they are not wishing for anyone. I have read both positvie and neg. about them......they have good attitudes and are working hard, and then they don't. I guess it is in the "eyes of the beholder". Idon't think its about the past when talking about passing......going to all passing, but at least have the threat of it to back some of these players off some and not just load up the box and dare them to pass. These kids have worked as hard as any, the numbers show, they have played as hard as any. When your only scoring 13-15 points a game I think you would have to look at some other things to do in the offense. I completely disagree with your statement about this years panther players. They have played hard in each game, it does appear that they started to wear down in the page game. This years bunch is as good as any. They have their own play makers. Are some lacking.....maybe, but to just say the "team" is just wrong. If there is fault.....it belongs not only to the players, but the coaches also. The only common opponent they have played from last years teams is MTP, which Lewis won in the last minute + at home thanks to a lucky bounce of a fumble to save it for Lewis. I guess what I'm saying is give this bunch a chance instead of finding fault. No way you can compare the past with the present.....apples and oranges.

FYI......since 87 Lewis is 1-4 against Collinwood out scored 121-75. I still think Lewis will pull a few surprises along the way also, and if they don't it won't be because of attitude or lack of effort.

Great Post hsffan :| !!!!

So easy for some to just throw the blame. I would guess its an ex-player that has the attitude....."we were so much better when we played". Heard that at the game.....comments like "if this was such and such a team , it would be 50-0 win", or "they wouldn't get a 1st down if they played this bunch", all that. None of them played a schedule like this bunch is facing in over 17 years. I still think this group is playing as hard as any, and would venture to say probably harder than most, because they can't let up for a second out there. 8 out of 10 all playoff teams I would say very few have faced. Lewis does have inexperience no doubt, but to be in every game battling.......I tip my hat to the effort I have seen. They have had only 1/2 that they let down (which not sure they didn't wear down). I watched as teams sub freely throughout the game while our kids where out there battling each fresh group that came in. If they finished 0-10, it would be the toughest 0-10 team out there. Again good post on your part.....the stat pack crew supports and appreciates the effort they see this group put out each week! :|:!:

Where was #8 the last drive and why was he not in the ballgame?

I'm not sure, I heard he had an ankle problem so that be what the problem was. They have quite a few banged up, 22 was playing with shoulder, knee and wrist problem. 55 ankle, 2 ankle, not sure on this one, but heard 65 had either a knee or ankle issue. 39 ankle...sounds like a M.A.S.H unit. Alot are banged up, but all are playing hard and putting out all they have. I personally havent' been more prouder of a group of players than this bunch.....they have battled every game. Sooner or later (sooner I hope) they will turn the corner. :motorbike: