Scott High @ York

Hawk4life

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

York is getting a new $470,000 stadium but it won't be built until next season. It was announced yesterday. The old stadium will be taken down and replaced.

as i said, state funded sucks. and too much money being spent on the old school while the state sets and does nothing. :popcorneater:

And as for my prediction, York 32

Scott 14

well the better team came out a loser in this match up.. in over 20 years of watchin high school football this ranks up there with the worst officiating games ive ever seen in my life. how can u call a holding on around the 3 yard line on a pick 6 that ends the game with only around 2 minutes left in the game. how on the possesion before do u call a fumble inside the 10 on the quarterback when he was cleary down for 2 seconds. i dont understand how they can call a field goal that is good as a miss. the scott high fans was goin crazy and the york fans went silent right after the kick because it was good but the refs decided to call it a miss.. horrible i hope the "men" in stripes have a somethin inside them that tells them they stole a game from a bunch of kids that played their heart out and that they realize they stole it from the better team. numerous calls throughout the game was huge. but its known if u go into jamestown u have to be 3 touchdowns better to win because of the striped zebras blowin the whistle.

whoooooooooooooo!!!! gunslinger welcome to another chapter in the shs vs york battle it's been that way since the huntsville days. you spot york two td's when ya play em at home brother. a fight happens thier best player is ejected, lights go out player comes back in wearing different number. phantom penelaties it never changes baby whooooooooooo. hats off to the big red, boys keep working hard. whooooooooooooooo

What game were you at? None of your claims were true. The Scott player stepped out of bounds on the interception (terrible call to pass!) but the official gave them the ball near the goal line. Then they called a hold on York and nearly gave Scott the TD. Scott clearly fumbled...and the better team? York was rolling over Scott until Brian Reynolds got hurt and came out of the game. York's D stopped Scott Co. when they had to. What about all the personal fouls by Scott that were never called and all the holding calls which were never called? Better team? All Scott has is a quarterback and a receiver and throw on almost every play, and York stopped them. Reyonds had 2 TDs and 137 yards in just over one quarter. Had he been in the whole game it would have been a rout...York by 4 or 5 TDs. What was tyhe excuse at Scott Co. a couple years ago when York blew Scott out on their home field? Refs?

yeah i was at this game. listen u and me both know that the refs stole the game from our boys. we picked the ball off and take it to the house and the ref after our boy is in the end zone and the play should have been over throws the flag for hold. they spot the ball at around the 12 or somethin like that and 2 plays later our qb is clearly on the ground (watch the film if u would like) and they call a fumble.. like i said in over 20 years of football this has been close to the worst game ive ever seen. we kick a field goal that was clearly good u can watch the film on that one too. they played it our local channels and it was good as far as anyone could see. but wait i forgot we was in jamestown where if there can be a screwed up call there will be. everyone that plays them there knows that. and 3 years ago at home when u all beat the highlanders u all was simply the better team. if im not mistaken it was the first year under coach gillium and the boys just wasnt very into the system yet and u all was the better team. last night u all was not the better team. gettin ur qb hurt is part of runnin the option. it took coach shannon a couple quarters to adjust but he got it slowed down. if the game is anywhere besides york i believe the highlanders win by 2 touchdowns

This is Coach Brown's first year at York...and York won with his new system. Another Scott Co. excuse down the drain. Talk to TSSAA about the officials. You act like they are from Jamestown. They aren't. I don't have to watch the tape, I was there and the field goal attempt was way off. Your most likely were at the other end of the field where the temporary stands were set up and the Scott fans sat. The Scott players reacted as if it was off. Not a single one acted like they were shocked it wasn't called good. York players were jumping up and down even before it got anywhere near the uprights it was so obvious. It wasn't even close. You said nothing about how Reynolds was running through the Scott "d" like no one was there that first quarter. Again, had he been in it for more than just one quarter, it easily could have been York scoring over 40. Scott only got a chance to tie the game on a York mistake by the substitute QB. Look at the stats...Scott threw the ball 35 times and made just 16 completions with 2 interceptions! Reynolds was 3 for 6 for 47 yards and ran for 132 yards. York's Brown ran for 111. I would love to see them play again with Reynolds in for the whole game...blowout!

u may be right about the field goal. but from my angle it looked good. 10 was a good quarterback i will say that.. 34 was also a good football player. i aint takin nothin away from york. they played well and as usual played physical. it was a great football game. lookin forward to next year. but i will say this the holdin call inside the 3 and the fumble was horrible calls the cost them boys the game. im 43 years old and i could feel the hurt for them young boys. i was proud of how they played agaisnt a pretty good football team. but i felt like the men in red had more talent and was better than the men in purple. this is also coach shannons first year as head coach for the highlanders. anyhow good luck to york the rest of the season. highlanders get prepared for kingston because its usually a slugfest.

First off let me say this about myself. I am from Ohio and have family in Scott Co. and visit there quite regularly. I am very enthusiastic about high school football ok ok about football in general.

I went to the Scott-York game just to be a spectator and take in some football down South!

These were my observations:

1. I have to agree that the better team did not win on Friday night. I believe with better play calling Scott might have won by 2 touchdowns.

2. From my vantage point the FG in overtime by Scott was good. I could not see the fumble to well at the other end of the field.

3. York has a couple of really nice players #10(?) the QB and #34 the RB. Scott has a couple of nice players the QB, the RB #20 and their big WR #86 (?).

4. Now I am usually a fan of the spread offense especially in high school ball, but I also think you need to mix it up and give other teams something else to prepare for as well. Scott I think should at least show an I formation for their running back to run behind. I especially hate this in goalline situations. I see no point in being in shotgun formation on the 5 yards and in towards the goal.

5. I was pulling my hair out when Scott would not utilize throwing to the middle of the field. York's defense was practically giving that part of the field up on every down. Why not run some crossing routes with your trips package you had to one side of the field. Heck how about running a pick play for your outside receiver to cross the middle and hit him with what should be an open pass.

6. York's option offense was working very well until I am guessing their starter went down with an injury. Now let me say this, if you are an option QB then bumps, bruises and other injuries are to be expected and you better fully prepare your backup to be ready at any second. While the option plays were working early for York I think and hope adjustments would have been made on Scott's part to keep him contained for awhile.

7. Why was Scott having a two safety deep defense when York's passing game would not have hurt them at all. Why not bring one of those safeties up into the box. Now from my view it looks like Scott runs a 3-4 defense ( I am not sure if that is what they call it at Scott or not). I am curious to what responsibilities each man has on defending the option. When I was coaching we had our interior lineman and inside backers on dive responsibility. Our outside backers had pitchman responsibility and corners and safeties had running back responsibility. It looked like Scott at times was trying to guess who had the ball and when you do that on an option team your head will be spinning.

Ok ok enough from me for now. Just wanted to chime in on this game from a non fan perspective. I will be back down that way again the early part of October. Which I am sure when I am there I will be looking for another game to attend to check out those Friday Night Lights. I will be following both teams along with Oneida. Good luck for the rest of the season and stay healthy.