MACON COUNTY @ FRIENDSHIP CHR.

goldenrod

I've listened to all the stupidity that I care to. Okpaul, I loved your criticizing of the program. Also, I love how your "constructive criticism" consists of, "Coach Goolsby can't coach his way of a wet paper sack," or "u suck." Your criticism is as bad as your ability to illustrate. Literacy must be a problem for you......of course it does take a certain amount of intelligence to know how to communicate. Whenever you master this and can tell us the technical reasons as to why you think the Tiger staff is not doing their jobs then please enlighten us. Until then, please refrain from posting and hopefully you'll do what your dad should have done and use a condom.

Macon County football is a work in progress. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is a successful football program. The offense is much improved over last year. The defense will be better, but it will take a solid effort from the players IN THE OFF SEASON in the weight room. Defensively, they get into the right spots, but due to the Tigers being young and undersized, the team has trouble getting people on the ground. Building stronger, smarter football players takes time and a lot of it....not a few months. Macon County has been noted in the past for not giving coaches much time to build a solid program. The community needs to support the program during these times, rather than aimlessly criticizing like the inept Okpaul.

It is not the boys , is the head coach and we need a leader becouse watching the play calls you can tell ,Goolsby IS LOST,not a head coach

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the boys? I guess our kids can overcome being smaller and slower than the other team. Macon's kids need to get on the weights in the worst way. We're two games into the season and Okpaul believes he has it all figured out. If you can't spell, you can't comprehend what it is that is going on out there. How about not posting and making the people in Macon County look more intelligent. Okpaul makes the whole town look backwards.

".......and then depression set in." I've been watching Tiger ball for over 40 years now and I can tell you its sad when RBS has a better win record in football than MCHS. How does 2nd & inches turn into 4th & 24? "Hurry up " offense ain't working. IMO the only time you should use that play is when you're behind, 2 minutes to go and you're going for the tie or win. How bout running the ball? Don't you guys know any other plays because the "shotgun" ain't hitting the target. HURRY UP offense = 0 - 10 record for the Tigers.

Then maybe you should drive 15 minutes to RBS,we had some of the same coaches,last year that RBS has now,and they was wrong.For 40 years of football,the only thing you know is wins or losses,these boys work hard.If you thought 10 and 0 playing the teams we play you have not payed much attention over the past few years.Just have a little faith,after our bye week we will be very much in every game except 1.Coach G is building up something,that will work.Just give him a little time,and let him coach.Alot will be said about RBS,after friday when they are 2 and 0.keep working tgers and bulldogs

IMO --Work on running game, Coach G. One question that has puzzled me for a long while is why is our junior high playing fairly well and then they get to high school and it kinda fizzles out?? I heard an older man and former Tiger say, "...guess the boys get to smelling perfume and gasoline." Maybe they just ain't hungry enough for the taste of a victory. Any opinions welcomed. :thumb:

IMO --Work on running game, Coach G. One question that has puzzled me for a long while is why is our junior high playing fairly well and then they get to high school and it kinda fizzles out?? I heard an older man and former Tiger say, "...guess the boys get to smelling perfume and gasoline." Maybe they just ain't hungry enough for the taste of a victory. Any opinions welcomed. :roflol:

To start with alot of players quit and basicly got ran off, over the last 4 years. It will take a year or 2 to fix the problem. It's not like the tigers opened up with any easy teams. The first 3 teams are strong. the coaches have got to play alot of young players. Next year will be much better because alot of kids are getting playing time. Every team went to the playoffs the tigers play but 1. Can any other team around say that. I don;t think so. Some of these teams went to the 2nd round or futher. When coach g. gets it build it want go down hill like it has. It will stay good. Give him time. IT'S COMING. gIVE HIM A CHANCE! He can't wave a magic wand and fix the mess he was handed, but the crystal ball says the future is bright. His honesty and fairness will build a progam quick. :twisted:

IMO --Work on running game, Coach G. One question that has puzzled me for a long while is why is our junior high playing fairly well and then they get to high school and it kinda fizzles out?? I heard an older man and former Tiger say, "...guess the boys get to smelling perfume and gasoline." Maybe they just ain't hungry enough for the taste of a victory. Any opinions welcomed. :twisted:

The wheels and good times of highschool out way football, in lafayette.Drive to any of the surounding counties sonic on friday night.It will be almost empty,but can not even get pulled in at lafayette.Kids that played jr high have given up sports for keys,the jr, soph,and freshman class has stayed together so far.Only time will tell after they become drivers.We could without a doubt use alot of the kids that attend highschool,but wont out out the time or effort.Last few years was always said,would not play for cook and his coaches,they are gone and only a couple new faces,from last year.I dont understand. GOOD LUCK TIGERS keep working it will pay off starting over takes a little time.

IMO --Work on running game, Coach G. One question that has puzzled me for a long while is why is our junior high playing fairly well and then they get to high school and it kinda fizzles out?? I heard an older man and former Tiger say, "...guess the boys get to smelling perfume and gasoline." Maybe they just ain't hungry enough for the taste of a victory. Any opinions welcomed. :twisted:

The wheels and good times of highschool out way football, in lafayette.Drive to any of the surounding counties sonic on friday night.It will be almost empty,but can not even get pulled in at lafayette.Kids that played jr high have given up sports for keys,the jr, soph,and freshman class has stayed together so far.Only time will tell after they become drivers.We could without a doubt use alot of the kids that attend highschool,but wont out out the time or effort.Last few years was always said,would not play for cook and his coaches,they are gone and only a couple new faces,from last year.I dont understand. GOOD LUCK TIGERS keep working it will pay off starting over takes a little time.

The coaches your talking about may be gone, but alot of players want come out the first year of a new system, untill they see it's on the up and up. Fair in other words. The damage was done. Give it time and after this year they'll see they ant waisting their time. Players tell other kids,that's not playing the coach is fair.

".......and then depression set in." I've been watching Tiger ball for over 40 years now and I can tell you its sad when RBS has a better win record in football than MCHS. How does 2nd & inches turn into 4th & 24? "Hurry up " offense ain't working. IMO the only time you should use that play is when you're behind, 2 minutes to go and you're going for the tie or win. How bout running the ball? Don't you guys know any other plays because the "shotgun" ain't hitting the target. HURRY UP offense = 0 - 10 record for the Tigers.

Then maybe you should drive 15 minutes to RBS,we had some of the same coaches,last year that RBS has now,and they was wrong.For 40 years of football,the only thing you know is wins or losses,these boys work hard.If you thought 10 and 0 playing the teams we play you have not payed much attention over the past few years.Just have a little faith,after our bye week we will be very much in every game except 1.Coach G is building up something,that will work.Just give him a little time,and let him coach.Alot will be said about RBS,after friday when they are 2 and 0.keep working tgers and bulldogs

You got to be joking. Tell me your not serious about all of this.

You got to be joking. Tell me your not serious about all of this.

Not sure what part your wanting to know about,but after our bye we get some kids back,and the teams are still good,just may not be as good as first 3 with exception of WH.As for RBS going 2 and 0,yep you got it here first