NEW East Hamilton High School Soccer ???

CHAMPDDS

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is this new web site called "Google". It is pretty amazing. You type in search terms like "East Hamilton High School Tennessee Soccer" and a few seconds later the screen displays the school's web site. It is really magical.

John Millard is the coach of the girls' and boys' teams. He has coached at Ooltewah.

Boy that was a funny one. You people on this kick ball site really keep me in stiches.

The good Doctor(champdds) is new to the high school sceen and is very excited to be here. He is a very nice man who was just searching out some info on a team, play nice chattanoogacannon.

bcb iii

There is this new web site called "Google". It is pretty amazing. You type in search terms like "East Hamilton High School Tennessee Soccer" and a few seconds later the screen displays the school's web site. It is really magical.

John Millard is the coach of the girls' and boys' teams. He has coached at Ooltewah.

Boy that was a funny one. You people on this kick ball site really keep me in stiches.

The good Doctor(champdds) is new to the high school sceen and is very excited to be here. He is a very nice man who was just searching out some info on a team, play nice chattanoogacannon.

bcb iii

I will be sure and keep the kid gloves on when dealing with the good Dr. D. I will save the funny stuff when I am in the stands with him.

BCB - Thanks for watching my back !

By the way, look like East Hamilton held up a little against Baylor (4-0) last night....Anyone see the game ?

D :wacko:

Unfortunately, that wasn't really the case. Baylor played all offensive subs much of the game.

While Baylor did play younger players, their talent is deep - Weekley will feel comfortable putting those "younger girls" on the field against plenty of other opponents they face - and the young EHS team was battling Baylor's bigger, stronger veteran players fairly well. Size was obviously THE factor on two goals that came from set pieces. Yet, I was impressed because EHS was organized defensively and was knocking the ball around well, particuliarly in the first half. Yes, Baylor controlled the game but I was impressed with EHS and look forward to seeing them as they develop/get older/etc. This could have been (yes, yes, I know should've, could've, would've) a 1-0 game. Coach M will do a good job getting these young girls ready for the games and seasons that lay ahead.

While Baylor did play younger players, their talent is deep - Weekley will feel comfortable putting those "younger girls" on the field against plenty of other opponents they face - and the young EHS team was battling Baylor's bigger, stronger veteran players fairly well. Size was obviously THE factor on two goals that came from set pieces. Yet, I was impressed because EHS was organized defensively and was knocking the ball around well, particuliarly in the first half. Yes, Baylor controlled the game but I was impressed with EHS and look forward to seeing them as they develop/get older/etc. This could have been (yes, yes, I know should've, could've, would've) a 1-0 game. Coach M will do a good job getting these young girls ready for the games and seasons that lay ahead

I was a bit short in my reply ..... I do think the young EHS team has heart and will improve and give many teams a great match. Baylor's starting lineup has 6 sophomores, 4 juniors and 1 senior. Not exactly a veteran squad age wise so they will also develop/get older/etc. The "younger girls" up front and in midfield are 1 sophomore and the rest freshmen.

I mean no disrespect to EHS, and as both of us have said, they will compete. But I don't see EHS winning any games against this Baylor group at least until the sophomores graduate.

But then again, this is soccer, and anything can and usually does happen.

While Baylor did play younger players, their talent is deep - Weekley will feel comfortable putting those "younger girls" on the field against plenty of other opponents they face - and the young EHS team was battling Baylor's bigger, stronger veteran players fairly well. Size was obviously THE factor on two goals that came from set pieces. Yet, I was impressed because EHS was organized defensively and was knocking the ball around well, particuliarly in the first half. Yes, Baylor controlled the game but I was impressed with EHS and look forward to seeing them as they develop/get older/etc. This could have been (yes, yes, I know should've, could've, would've) a 1-0 game. Coach M will do a good job getting these young girls ready for the games and seasons that lay ahead

I was a bit short in my reply ..... I do think the young EHS team has heart and will improve and give many teams a great match. Baylor's starting lineup has 6 sophomores, 4 juniors and 1 senior. Not exactly a veteran squad age wise so they will also develop/get older/etc. The "younger girls" up front and in midfield are 1 sophomore and the rest freshmen.

I mean no disrespect to EHS, and as both of us have said, they will compete. But I don't see EHS winning any games against this Baylor group at least until the sophomores graduate.

Agreed. Just hopeful that our girls can continue to develop and eventually compete with/beat "chattanooga's best". Playing Baylor, Notre Dame, and GPS in three consecutive days is certainly a bold move. Coach Millard is unwilling to back down from an invitation/challenge.

Game with ND was a different story from Baylor. Girls came ready. Fans should be proud. EHS girls looked less tentative - they seemed slightly intimidated to be on the field with Baylor - and took it to ND. Seems that they are still learning what it is to play together and, while it was more back and forth than the Baylor game, they will need to work on creating genuine chances to score. Game with ND was scoreless until the final 10 minutes and the Hurricanes were not packing it in. EHS clearly ran out of gas. Simply not as deep as other teams.

Interested to see what happens with this team as the season roles forward.

Agreed. Just hopeful that our girls can continue to develop and eventually compete with/beat "chattanooga's best". Playing Baylor, Notre Dame, and GPS in three consecutive days is certainly a bold move. Coach Millard is unwilling to back down from an invitation/challenge.

Game with ND was a different story from Baylor. Girls came ready. Fans should be proud. EHS girls looked less tentative - they seemed slightly intimidated to be on the field with Baylor - and took it to ND. Seems that they are still learning what it is to play together and, while it was more back and forth than the Baylor game, they will need to work on creating genuine chances to score. Game with ND was scoreless until the final 10 minutes and the Hurricanes were not packing it in. EHS clearly ran out of gas. Simply not as deep as other teams.

Interested to see what happens with this team as the season roles forward.

EH I saw the final 20 minutes of the ND/EHHS game and I was impressed by EH. As my dad used to say "There's alot of fight in those girls." I do think that EH is a couple of years away of taking on Chattanooga's finest, but watching the climb should be fun. Good luck in your future games.