7AAA Predictions

boroballer

Yeah i read this blog about 2 weeks ago when it was first posted. Thanks mackie you're on top of things!! :bored:

Typical Kreager though. Siegel finally loses a HOF game and suddenly he starts blogging about how HOF games count as a loss. Good reporting work by Kreager but the timing is a little funny.

No mention of Siegel in his post or mine. The fact of the matter remains that the right thing to do is count the HOF games win or lose, regardless of who the team is.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious to hear the reasoning behind the weak scheduling. Have you been to a Riverdale game Mackie? All this jumping around and chest beating is rediculous considering who they have beaten.

I hope you don't consider beating Hickman Co. 2x, Dickson Co., Lincoln Co., Lebanon, and Columbia without their football players successful?!

The potential reasoning has been explained by more than one person (i.e. learning how to win again, budget restraints, consideration of girls opponent, instill some self confidence for younger guys, create player "buy-in" to the system, etc.)

I have not been to a Riverdale game so I can't speak on their emotions directly, but I will say that part of learning how to win again involves learning to act like you've done it before. I do consider their wins successful. Those boys have won the games that were placed in front of them. There are a lot of teams on every level that don't win games they are supposed to, and Riverdale has done that. Keep in mind that in sports (and in life), the definition of success is often relative to the expectations.

The potential reasoning has been explained by more than one person (i.e. learning how to win again, budget restraints, consideration of girls opponent, instill some self confidence for younger guys, create player "buy-in" to the system, etc.)

I have not been to a Riverdale game so I can't speak on their emotions directly, but I will say that part of learning how to win again involves learning to act like you've done it before. I do consider their wins successful. Those boys have won the games that were placed in front of them. There are a lot of teams on every level that don't win games they are supposed to, and Riverdale has done that. Keep in mind that in sports (and in life), the definition of success is often relative to the expectations.

Budget restraints? Officials and clock workers are paid the same no matter who is playing the game they are officiating/working. If your arguement is that Riverdale can't afford to travel... maybe they should do a little more fundraising. Aside from traveling, there are a lot better lcoal teams Riverdale could have played besides Hickman Co. Dickson Co. and Lebanon. So money is NO issue here. And what kind of false confidence is being instilled? Any true player wants to win championships. Whether it is a district championship or a state championship, each player should want to be put in the best position to win a championship. Playing these terrible teams isn't going to prepare you to win anything in this district/region. And what system are they going to be buying into? If I am a coach, I am getting my team prepared to win a championship. We have a tournament system in basketball. Once the post season starts, EVERYBODY is 0-0. Now if you have been playing tough teams and have been battle tested, you should be good to go. If you have been playing cupcakes, when the going gets tough there will be a question mark in the back of your mind. Can we really beat this team? We haven't played anybody on this level yet so I don't know? or will you be telling you players that you have been playing quality teams ALL SEASON to prepare them for the post season. They have been here agaisnt good teams and been in situations where they have had to fight back against a good team. There should be no ? marks because you have been here time and time again. So what will be in the minds of the players and coaches? Well we had another 15-20 win season with no hardware to show for it?

And as for your success is relative to expectations comment... is that what it has come to for Riverdale. That they are now just expected to schedule and beat terrible teams? They arent expected to play anybody worth a flip? You're right maybe this is about expectations. I expect Siegel to play the best and be the best. Same for Oakland to a certain degree. I think you have hit the nail on the head here Mackie... its all about expectations!!

Perhaps it is just me, but I'm a Siegel fan and I'm already tired of listening to boroballer's arrogant and cocky posts regarding the boys basketball team this year. True, it is a talented group of kids and this could be their best opportunity yet to bring home the big trophy, but constantly bashing the other teams in the district serves no purpose and only makes Siegel look bad. Respect your opponents, and when you win a game, act like you've done it before.

I respect the Ric Flair mentality you and the Stars are displaying (to be the best you got to beat the best) when it comes to Siegel's scheduling. I'm just trying to help you be a little more objective in how your viewing other teams schedules. I'm not trying to validate the reasons posted above. You stated that you were curious as to the reasoning behind the scheduling and I just pointing out some of those potential reasons. High school scheduling isn't as easy as just picking up the phone and scheduling a game. Sometimes you just have to play teams that have open dates. Not everyone wants to fundraise or stay in a hotel over holiday breaks.

As far as false confidence - I assume that Riverdale isn't thinking to themselves, "we beat Hickman Co, so we are ready for Siegel". Let me provide 2 scenarios using Riverdale and Siegel as an example:

1) Setting is first Riverdale-Siegel game this year. Riverdale goes into it knowing that Siegel is the favorite and has the big name players. The Warriors have played well up to that point and are riding some momentum into the game. Wins over "weaker" opponents have helped them to understand that practicing hard, working/playing together, and executing a gameplan can result in positive outcomes and they think to themselves if we can do those things during this game, we may give ourselves a chance to compete and who knows, maybe even pull this thing out. I don't view that as false confidence.

2) Same setting but Riverdale has struggled through the first half of the season losing a number of games to very talented squads. They didn't just lose them, they got beat by 15-30 pts each game. Siegel is of similar talent as the previous teams Riverdale has played. Do you not think that they would have great doubts in their minds on if they could even compete against the Stars? There would be little reason for them to believe otherwise.

As you stated, coaches are trying to get their team ready to win championships. Burks knows his team better then anyone, and using the scenarios above maybe he feels that their best chance for playing good basketball during the district is in Scenario 1.

The expectations comment was not to be taken from a broad perspective. I agree that year after year expectations for Riverdale should not be to beat up on weaker opponents and I don't think that is their long term intentions. As far as hardware is concerned, how quickly it's forgotten that the Warriors won the District Tourny a short 3 years ago. FYI - other then Siegel, I believe they are the only team to hoist that trophy in the past 5 years.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but there isn't a lot of on the court stuff to discuss at this point. Either way, I think I'm done with the scheduling discussion. We may just have to agree to disagree.

We will have to agree to disagree mackie. I can see what you are saying. But in that Siegel Riverdale game those same passes the were thrown against Hickman Co. wont be made against Siegel/Shelbyville/possibly Oakland. Rdale isnt goin to have 15-18 turnovers and beat Siegel/Shelby/Oakland/Lavergne like they did these weaker teams.

You have made your points, i have made mine, lets agree to disagree.

All teams in District 7 AAA will be plenty tested when league play starts after Christmas. Boroballer way to beat a dead horse. We now all know that Siegel has the toughest schedule in Tennessee, possibly all of the United States, and that Riverdale's schedule to this point has not been very strong. Siegel has the most talent, toughest schedule, and the best motivation for having the toughest schedule. Siegel is also the best fund raisers, and they have the best coach in District 7 AAA. You have set some lofty expectations for the Stars. I just hope that you all live up to all of them, or be ready to eat a big helping of crow if you do not live up to your billing.

I respect the Ric Flair mentality you and the Stars are displaying (to be the best you got to beat the best) when it comes to Siegel's scheduling. I'm just trying to help you be a little more objective in how your viewing other teams schedules. I'm not trying to validate the reasons posted above. You stated that you were curious as to the reasoning behind the scheduling and I just pointing out some of those potential reasons. High school scheduling isn't as easy as just picking up the phone and scheduling a game. Sometimes you just have to play teams that have open dates. Not everyone wants to fundraise or stay in a hotel over holiday breaks.

As far as false confidence - I assume that Riverdale isn't thinking to themselves, "we beat Hickman Co, so we are ready for Siegel". Let me provide 2 scenarios using Riverdale and Siegel as an example:

1) Setting is first Riverdale-Siegel game this year. Riverdale goes into it knowing that Siegel is the favorite and has the big name players. The Warriors have played well up to that point and are riding some momentum into the game. Wins over "weaker" opponents have helped them to understand that practicing hard, working/playing together, and executing a gameplan can result in positive outcomes and they think to themselves if we can do those things during this game, we may give ourselves a chance to compete and who knows, maybe even pull this thing out. I don't view that as false confidence.

2) Same setting but Riverdale has struggled through the first half of the season losing a number of games to very talented squads. They didn't just lose them, they got beat by 15-30 pts each game. Siegel is of similar talent as the previous teams Riverdale has played. Do you not think that they would have great doubts in their minds on if they could even compete against the Stars? There would be little reason for them to believe otherwise.

As you stated, coaches are trying to get their team ready to win championships. Burks knows his team better then anyone, and using the scenarios above maybe he feels that their best chance for playing good basketball during the district is in Scenario 1.

The expectations comment was not to be taken from a broad perspective. I agree that year after year expectations for Riverdale should not be to beat up on weaker opponents and I don't think that is their long term intentions. As far as hardware is concerned, how quickly it's forgotten that the Warriors won the District Tourny a short 3 years ago. FYI - other then Siegel, I believe they are the only team to hoist that trophy in the past 5 years.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but there isn't a lot of on the court stuff to discuss at this point. Either way, I think I'm done with the scheduling discussion. We may just have to agree to disagree.

Although this is true, I really do hope that Riverdale doesnt base their schedule off of when they have to play siegel. And Wright is the best coach in the district. Not directed at you, the other guy, i forget his name.

All teams in District 7 AAA will be plenty tested when league play starts after Christmas. Boroballer way to beat a dead horse. We now all know that Siegel has the toughest schedule in Tennessee, possibly all of the United States, and that Riverdale's schedule to this point has not been very strong. Siegel has the most talent, toughest schedule, and the best motivation for having the toughest schedule. Siegel is also the best fund raisers, and they have the best coach in District 7 AAA. You have set some lofty expectations for the Stars. I just hope that you all live up to all of them, or be ready to eat a big helping of crow if you do not live up to your billing.

You're putting words into my mouth here ThatsRight. You have not seen me say 1 time that Siegel has the toughest schedule in the state. Nor have you seen me say that Siegel has the most talent, that Siegel has the best fund raisers, or that Siegel has the best coach. I also havent said that Siegel was going to win the district, region, or state. If you can find and quote me where I said any of those things I will apologize on here for saying it. Until then, stop putting words in my mouth. I have simply stated that in my opinion, Siegel's schedule will best prepare them to make a post season run.

As for the best coach arguement... In my opinion Wright, Couey, and Dotson are your top 3. I think each has a legit arguement to be the best. Now on the flip side of that, I think Burks, Turnham, and Drayton are hands down on the bottom tier. Again, just my opinion.

You're putting words into my mouth here ThatsRight. You have not seen me say 1 time that Siegel has the toughest schedule in the state. Nor have you seen me say that Siegel has the most talent, that Siegel has the best fund raisers, or that Siegel has the best coach. I also havent said that Siegel was going to win the district, region, or state. If you can find and quote me where I said any of those things I will apologize on here for saying it. Until then, stop putting words in my mouth. I have simply stated that in my opinion, Siegel's schedule will best prepare them to make a post season run.

As for the best coach arguement... In my opinion Wright, Couey, and Dotson are your top 3. I think each has a legit arguement to be the best. Now on the flip side of that, I think Burks, Turnham, and Drayton are hands down on the bottom tier. Again, just my opinion.

So you think 2 first year coaches and a second year coach who arguably had the best talent in the state last year and could not get to the substate are the best coaches in the district? Wright is pretty good, Couey has never won where ever he has been and once again Dotson lets see what he can do without any college signees.

Ur right I guess I should have picked turnham who hasn't won jack at blackman, drayton who hasn't had a 10 win season at smyrna, or burks who year after year under achieves with his talent. Wright won at morristown east, Couey won at briarcrest, and dotson won 28 games and a district championship. Now ill give you siegel should have gotten further than they did, but anyone at that game will tell you Andrews played his butt off and shelbyville played a perfect game to beat siegel by a free throw with 2 seconds left. Who in your opinion is the best coach in the district?