7AAA Predictions

boroballer

Just wondering when someone in the district besides Siegel is going to play a team with a winning record. Scheduling terrible teams only provides false hope.

Riverdale's opponents combined record: 1-11

Oakland's opponents combined record: 8-12

Siegel's opponents combined redord: 12-8. One team counts for 4 of those losses.

Boro point taken, but where are these numbers coming from? The CoachT schedule/results are not accurate, but your numbers don't even reflect the CoachT data. Did you just make these up to support your argument?

Siegel has a good team, you and starfan don't have to continually bash everyone else or fabricate stats to validate that.

A little research this morning resulted in the following: (please correct if there is anything wrong)

Riverdale's opponents' combined record: 8-20 (May be missing 1 of Warren Co's games)

Columbia 1-2

Hickman Co 1-3

Dickson Co 1-4

Hillsboro 1-0

Warren Co 1-3

Lebanon 2-3

Lincoln Co 1-5

Oakland's opponents' combined record: 8-10 (May be missing 1 of Warren Co's games)

Warren Co 1-3

Franklin Co 2-4

Gallatin 1-1

Independence 4-2

Siegel's opponents' combined record: 9-8 (Can't find any info on Hillcrest other then 1 loss to Siegel, are they the team with 4 losses?)

Liberty Tech 3-2

Independence 4-2

Trezevant 2-3

Hillcrest 0-1 ?

Reminds me of some other fabricated stats Siegel people have made up over the years. I thought the same thing when I saw that Tate averaged 13 or 14 something rebounds a game last year...I thought that number might have been fabricated as well.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blaze report: Lost to Wilson Central 40 - 31 or something like that.

I did not go to game, just listened on radio.

We sounded horrible. Nobody can score. Wilson Central sounded horrible and theres not many good things you can say when you get beat by a horrible team. I don't have anything good to say about anything.

I THINK TURNHAM HAS LOST THIS TEAM ALREADY. THE KIDS ARE TOO SCARED TO SHOOT, DEFEND OR DO WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN. ALL THEY DO IS WAIT TO GET YANKED OUT THE GAME. THEY HONESTLY HAVE ABOUT 20-30 SUBS A GAME. NO 5 PLAYER GROUPING HAS BEEN ON THE FLOOR TOGETHER FOR LONGER THAN 3-4 MINUTES. NOT EVEN THE STARTING FIVE. TAY SMITH HAD A GREAT FIRST HALF TONIGHT AND BARELY SAW THE COURT IN THE SECOND HALF. JD WHITE WAS SCARED TO SHOOT THE BALL ALL NIGHT AND KEPT LOOKING AT TURNHAM AS THEY ALL DO. THE GUARDS PAY MORE ATTENTION TO THE BENCH THAN THE COURT AND MISS WIDE OPEN CUTTERS. THIS GAME IS NOT THAT HARD.

I'LL SAY THIS, BLACKMAN HAS THE TALENT TO COMPETE FOR THE DISTRICT. BUT AS TIGHT, SCARED AND CONFUSED AS THIS SQUAD IS NOW.. I DON'T SEE THEM BEATING ANYBODY. SHAMEFUL.

We sounded horrible. Nobody can score. Wilson Central sounded horrible and theres not many good things you can say when you get beat by a horrible team. I don't have anything good to say about anything.

I THINK TURNHAM HAS LOST THIS TEAM ALREADY. THE KIDS ARE TOO SCARED TO SHOOT, DEFEND OR DO WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN. ALL THEY DO IS WAIT TO GET YANKED OUT THE GAME. THEY HONESTLY HAVE ABOUT 20-30 SUBS A GAME. NO 5 PLAYER GROUPING HAS BEEN ON THE FLOOR TOGETHER FOR LONGER THAN 3-4 MINUTES. NOT EVEN THE STARTING FIVE. TAY SMITH HAD A GREAT FIRST HALF TONIGHT AND BARELY SAW THE COURT IN THE SECOND HALF. JD WHITE WAS SCARED TO SHOOT THE BALL ALL NIGHT AND KEPT LOOKING AT TURNHAM AS THEY ALL DO. THE GUARDS PAY MORE ATTENTION TO THE BENCH THAN THE COURT AND MISS WIDE OPEN CUTTERS. THIS GAME IS NOT THAT HARD.

I'LL SAY THIS, BLACKMAN HAS THE TALENT TO COMPETE FOR THE DISTRICT. BUT AS TIGHT, SCARED AND CONFUSED AS THIS SQUAD IS NOW.. I DON'T SEE THEM BEATING ANYBODY. SHAMEFUL.

What's new? Jerking kids in and out of games without ever allowing a flow is the same reputation Turnham has always had. He reads these posts, so if he's reading, hopefully he'll react. He has more than enough talent to compete this year, but we'll just have to see. Wonder how much longer the Blackman folks will put up with Turnham losing in BB?, especially since they've got the football headed in the right direction. Maybe he doesn't have to have heart trouble to get axed like Wells, not wished on he or Wells, or Strickland dump his boy like a ton of bricks. Doubt the latter, but he'll be working some angle. :popcorneater:

I agree 100%. Turnham needs to change his philosophy now or it will get changed for him at the end of the year.

I agree 100%. Turnham needs to change his philosophy now or it will get changed for him at the end of the year.

Its ashame this group of seniors is gonna have to go thru this. They deserve better.

What's new? Jerking kids in and out of games without ever allowing a flow is the same reputation Turnham has always had. He reads these posts, so if he's reading, hopefully he'll react. He has more than enough talent to compete this year, but we'll just have to see. Wonder how much longer the Blackman folks will put up with Turnham losing in BB?, especially since they've got the football headed in the right direction. Maybe he doesn't have to have heart trouble to get axed like Wells, not wished on he or Wells, or Strickland dump his boy like a ton of bricks. Doubt the latter, but he'll be working some angle. :popcorneater:

I DON'T THINK HE SHOULD GET CANNED. HE SHOULD JUST SETTLE ON A LINE UP AND RUN WITH IT. I THINK THE LANDSCAPE AT BLACKMAN HAS CHANGED (FOR THE BETTER) AND HE HASN'T COME ALONG WITH IT YET. I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE EATING TURNHAM UP ON THIS SITE FOR YEARS AND THOUGHT IT WAS UNFAIR TO HIM. HIS TALENT WAS ALWAYS LACKING AND COULD NEVER TEST WELL AGAINST THE DISTRICT. THOSE DAYS ARE OVER. TURNHAM, IN MY OPINION AND EXPERIENCE, CAN COACH. HIS PROBLEM IS OVER COACHING. WHICH A LOT OF COACHES DO. IT'S A FORM OF O.C.D . THEY TRY TO FIX EVERY LITTLE THING DURING THE GAME. BUT MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, LESS IS MORE. LET'S GO!

First of all you make great points. I've thought this for the longest time. There's nothing wrong with yanking someone for a selfish play or just something absolutely stupid...but he yanks someone with the smallest of mistakes. And also, there's nothing wrong with getting on a kid and yelling at him, just don't do it in front of 500 people making it obvious toward that kid. It's humiliating. Yell at the kid in the huddle, or get in his face and be harsh. But he could yell in less humiliating ways.

Second of all, do you know how to take the caps lock off?

First of all you make great points. I've thought this for the longest time. There's nothing wrong with yanking someone for a selfish play or just something absolutely stupid...but he yanks someone with the smallest of mistakes. And also, there's nothing wrong with getting on a kid and yelling at him, just don't do it in front of 500 people making it obvious toward that kid. It's humiliating. Yell at the kid in the huddle, or get in his face and be harsh. But he could yell in less humiliating ways.

Second of all, do you know how to take the caps lock off?

SORRY, I LIKE THE STYLE. BUT I HAVE ADDED A SIGNATURE FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT.