7AAA Predictions

boroballer

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year or so may prove to be a little rough, but talent is coming up through the ranks. Would certainly help if Corneilus Elder would come back to where he belongs...........

IS HE GONNA GO TO OAKLAND NEXT YEAR???? HE WOULDN'T HAVE TO SIT OUT IF HE DID. YOU CAN GO FROM PRIVATE TO PUBLIC WITHOUT SITTING.

Next year or so may prove to be a little rough, but talent is coming up through the ranks. Would certainly help if Corneilus Elder would come back to where he belongs...........

IS HE GONNA GO TO OAKLAND NEXT YEAR???? HE WOULDN'T HAVE TO SIT OUT IF HE DID. YOU CAN GO FROM PRIVATE TO PUBLIC WITHOUT SITTING.

This is not true, he would have to move or file a hardship. But if you have an athletic record at a private school and transfer to a public school you still have to sit out, trust me I know someone who played 8th grade at a private school and was ruled ineligible at a public school

Randymc, what is your take on the talent at OHS in the near future?

To be completely honest, I really don't know. I know they have 2 really good freshmen. Peter Newman and another kid that I don't know his name but lives in my neighborhood and is ALWAYS shooting the ball. The middle school will be very big for Oakland as it will put us on par with the other 3 schools in town (although Riverdale and Blackman will still have 2). These schools have had their own middle schools for several years now. I would expect a rough year or 2 maybe, but then things should look up again, but I've said that before and it's been a LONG time since OHS had a down year. All that being said, I know the freshman team beat Siegel Thursday night, so that's always good, but I don't know where either team stands as far as the whole county.

This is not true, he would have to move or file a hardship. But if you have an athletic record at a private school and transfer to a public school you still have to sit out, trust me I know someone who played 8th grade at a private school and was ruled ineligible at a public school

CHECK TSSAA RULES. BOBBY PARKS WENT TO ST. GEORGE'S LAST YEAR (MR BASKETBALL DII A), NOW PLAYS FOR MELROSE; DID NOT SIT OUT ANY. MOST PROBABLY SAY HARDSHIP, YOU'RE RIGHT. BUT IT'S HARD TO DENY A FAMILY IF THEY "SAY" THEY HAVE A HARDSHIP. GOING TO SCHOOL 25 MILES FROM YOUR HOUSE WOULD SURELY COUNT. IN CORN'S CASE-- I DOUBT HE WOULD LEAVE ENSWORTH.

Do you think that guy that was mentioned earlier moves back? How much would he help next year along side Adams, Mitchell, and some of the other guys they have?

Would certainly be in the running for all-district and maybe even MVP. But as previously stated, the perks of playing and going to school at a place like Ensworth probably wont warrant a transfer to Oakland, although giving his family ties to the Patriots, he is a legacy.

CHECK TSSAA RULES. BOBBY PARKS WENT TO ST. GEORGE'S LAST YEAR (MR BASKETBALL DII A), NOW PLAYS FOR MELROSE; DID NOT SIT OUT ANY. MOST PROBABLY SAY HARDSHIP, YOU'RE RIGHT. BUT IT'S HARD TO DENY A FAMILY IF THEY "SAY" THEY HAVE A HARDSHIP. GOING TO SCHOOL 25 MILES FROM YOUR HOUSE WOULD SURELY COUNT. IN CORN'S CASE-- I DOUBT HE WOULD LEAVE ENSWORTH.

Can you give me more details, our player played as an 8th grader (the school didn't have an 8th grade team), we tried a hardship, got denied. Maybe it's because it's a basketball player.....are you sure he didn't move?

What is the region looking like? 7 and 8-AAA? What will happen with upset minded teams such as Tullahoma, Lavergne, and Lawrence County? Don't know much about 7-AAA. I am a 8-AAA member. So i'd like to know how the region will probably shape out. And potential state tourney contenders, if any.

LaVergne is right there with Oakland, and has beaten them in their only matchup to this point, so would not suprise me any if they made it to the region championship. Seems like Shelbyville isnt quite what they used to be, so 7-AAA may again get 2 teams in the championship game.

Can you give me more details, our player played as an 8th grader (the school didn't have an 8th grade team), we tried a hardship, got denied. Maybe it's because it's a basketball player.....are you sure he didn't move?

IT'S A PRIVATE SCHOOL-- WITH NO REAL ZONE. WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO MOVE? YOU CANNOT BE FORCED TO ATTEND A PRIVATE SCHOOL. PRIVATE TO PUBLIC IS THE EASIEST TRANSFER THERE IS.