7AAA Predictions

boroballer

Wright has done an excellent job at Oakland. Please dont take this comment as taking anything away from the Oakland players and coaching staff but does anyone think the officials may be attempting to aide Oakland a little?

Lets look at a few "fishy" instances:

1. End of Blackman Oakland game. Adams misses a game winning attempt and a Blackman player is called for "boxing out too aggressively" with .9 seconds left which gives Oakland 2 free throws and a chance to win the game. Really??

2. I hear the officiating at the Lavergne/Smyrna game was TERRIBLE and of course in the favor of Smyrna. That by the way elimanted any chance of lavergne/oakland/siegel ending in a 3 way tie for #1 and locked down #1 for Oakland.

3. Then the questionable tech. foul assessed. Dotson pouted and I agree to that. But since when does giving a fist pump and saying "no way" draw a tech. foul? Seriously?? and the baby powder incident should have resulted in a tech. foul for Oakland. But they threw the powder up instead of out onto the floor. :thumb:

Again, not taking anything away from the great job Wright and the Oakland players have done, but does anyone else think these things may have been odd?

Wow! I needed a laugh...thanks.

I guess you think Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, and that Neill Armstrong's moon walk was fake. Are there any other absurd paranoid statements that you'd like to make?

The problem here is that Oakland, who many thought would finish near the bottom of their district, is in position to win the district. And the privileged, entitled elitists at Siegel can't handle it. Give credit to the players and the coach, and don't blame anything on officiating or baby powder or the phase of the moon or any other absurdity.

As I said earlier, though...thanks for laugh.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM VERY PROUD OF MY WARRIORS TONIGHT we lost by 2 but the boys lead almost all the way and played hard the whole game I thought we settled for a few too many 3 point shots instead being patient and feeding Vari the ball but they all played hard and they put themselves in position to win the game. IF AND I MEAN IF we play that hard each night we will start to win our share of games so keep your heads up keep working hard and lets see what happens during the district tournament

I also want to comment on the baby powder incident....SO WHAT next time oakland fans instead of going up with it go backwards to help prevent it from going onto the court some of yall are unreal about this type stuff let the kids have fun instead of belittling them for being creative and having a good time there was no INTENT to stop the game or slow it down but they did learn their lesson for next time THROW UP BACKWARDS LOL

Congrats to Oakland and Coach Wright, very impressive year thus far. I was, indeed, owned by facts. I will now admit to ignorance in stating that. And TJ im pretty upset the nation didnt do baby powder in the glory days of being the most obnoxious student section. WHAT WERE WE THINKING, and as for whoever said Butch Vaughn did nothing must not no much of anything about what Oakland was before he came there. They were being eyed by the state BEFORE he went to Oakland. I think many Oakland fans can tell you he is a good principal and has been in this county for many years. Now for a couple real questions, what happened to emmanuel andrews? and when does the district tournament start this year and where will it be held?

I also want to add something about the officiating crew from our game last night...I thought they did a great job last night. I thought they were very consistant all night long. In a close game a lot of times you hear fussing about the officiating but last night i thought this 3 man crew did a great job and was porbably one of the top 2 or 3 crews ive seen all year

Congrats to Oakland and Coach Wright, very impressive year thus far. I was, indeed, owned by facts. I will now admit to ignorance in stating that. And TJ im pretty upset the nation didnt do baby powder in the glory days of being the most obnoxious student section. WHAT WERE WE THINKING, and as for whoever said Butch Vaughn did nothing must not no much of anything about what Oakland was before he came there. They were being eyed by the state BEFORE he went to Oakland. I think many Oakland fans can tell you he is a good principal and has been in this county for many years. Now for a couple real questions, what happened to emmanuel andrews? and when does the district tournament start this year and where will it be held?

Feb. 19th-23rd @ LaVergne

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but IMO I'll tell you who should have been upset over the powder incident and that's every parent Siegel and Oakland alike who had a kid either playing or cheering at that game. It was a prank, but a dangerous one. Everyones laughing now, but what if one of the players slipped and ended their season or possibly their career? If your kid's season had ever ended because of an injury, you would understand. If a spectator had thrown a cup of ice on the floor, they would have been ejected. Why was this treated any differently?

A siegel fan threw marbales on the court in the 4th quarter of the game at Oakland, can you defend this?

I had to come back and try to help my boys out. I dont care what anybody says, the Siegel Oakland game was a classic. It was going to come down to who made the last mistake. Unfortunately it was Siegel. I don't think anyone can blame Dotson or give Wright the credit for the win or loss. The players poored everything they had into the game. There were no crazy coaching schemes that won or lost the game. It was one of those games where you hate to see either team lose the game.

Siegel... didn't White Co. sweep you in the regular season 2 years ago then beat you in the district championship? Then you came back and beat them in the region championship on your way to the Final Four?

Keep your heads up Siegel and don't forget people.... Siegel will be adding 25 pts 6 reb and 6 ast to their line-up very soon!!!!

And taking points and PT away from someone else, and probably the focus off of where it should be, and that's getting the ball inside....

Wright has done an excellent job at Oakland. Please dont take this comment as taking anything away from the Oakland players and coaching staff but does anyone think the officials may be attempting to aide Oakland a little?

Lets look at a few "fishy" instances:

1. End of Blackman Oakland game. Adams misses a game winning attempt and a Blackman player is called for "boxing out too aggressively" with .9 seconds left which gives Oakland 2 free throws and a chance to win the game. Really??

2. I hear the officiating at the Lavergne/Smyrna game was TERRIBLE and of course in the favor of Smyrna. That by the way elimanted any chance of lavergne/oakland/siegel ending in a 3 way tie for #1 and locked down #1 for

Oakland.

3. Then the questionable tech. foul assessed. Dotson pouted and I agree to that. But since when does giving a fist pump and saying "no way" draw a tech. foul? Seriously?? and the baby powder incident should have resulted in a tech. foul for Oakland. But they threw the powder up instead of out onto the floor. :thumb:

Again, not taking anything away from the great job Wright and the Oakland players have done, but does anyone else think these things may have been odd?

Officiating is what it is. I seriously doubt theres any conspiracy to favor Oakland. Oakland has played well and currently they are on top. As far as the Blackman/Oakland call, would you still be complaining about the call had it not been at the end of the game?

As far as the Smyrna/Lavergne game goes, don't know much about that game. Maybe there was some questionable calls, but anytime a team gets upset, people start blaming the officiating.

I'll agree with you on the Siegel/Oakland game but only on the lack of technical for the powder incident. It was a serious delay in the game that was obviously caused by a specific team's fans, not to mention dangerous to the players.

However, they probably could have T'd up Dotson for any number of things in that game alone. If he wants to gain the respect of opposing teams as well as many of his own fans, he's got a long way to go. He could start by eliminating the use of profanity as his players are coming off the court.

I was wondering at the time why they even started the game before the floor was cleaned.