Greeneville @ Sullivan South

Big8fballfan

I am sure it has been a tough week for the Rebels, and Greeneville brings in a really talented football team. I think South will show what they are made of tonight, and win this game for Jake. And when South wins, everyone in the Big 8 better watch out because they will be on a mission to make this season one to remember for many years to come. Defense stands tall tonight and holds Greeneville in check, Greeneville gets a late Td, but it will be no where near enough for the Devils.

South 42

Greeneville 7

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure it has been a tough week for the Rebels, and Greeneville brings in a really talented football team. I think South will show what they are made of tonight, and win this game for Jake. And when South wins, everyone in the Big 8 better watch out because they will be on a mission to make this season one to remember for many years to come. Defense stands tall tonight and holds Greeneville in check, Greeneville gets a late Td, but it will be no where near enough for the Devils.

Agree. Tough week. Might be easier to lay down, but no quit on this team. Even with very limited practice, South will take this one easily.

I personally would find it hard to hit these East Tennessee teams that offered their heart felt support in so many ways this week. It was just unbelievable and shows yet again how special this area of the country is. A little light on a hard week for the community.

South 42

Greeneville 7

So I guess you think Greeneville leaves their defense at home?

South 42

Greeneville 7

What do you think the score will be, barb? I just don't think it will be a blowout.

Rebs - 20

Devils - 7

I think the weather could be a factor in a lot of games this week. South has got a great team,and I've not seen my old Devils.I do know the Devils will allways hit you and it's not a team to ever overlook.Whatever the score is this year,I'll be just fine with it.Good luck to both come playoff time,because this will just end up being a tune up game for different teams in 2009..

Turnovers will be the key. Both very strong D's, will be a good game.

GHS- 24

SS- 21

It's gonna be a different kind of game tonight. Some of those South players are sure going to be lost and still having a huge hole in there hearts. Just from what I've read about Jake, he was not only the leader on the field but a spiritual leader also. Rare to find, and a big shoes to fill. Just make sure to keep them, Jake's family and the community in our prayers.

South 42

Greeneville 7

What do you think the score will be, barb? I just don't think it will be a blowout.

Rebs - 20

Devils - 7

Greeneville has a lot of technical issues to iron out of their offense...mostly dead ball crap, but they have a lot of power and speed on the ground. Quarles has a pretty good arm but isn't afraid to run it and just as likely to stiff arm a tackle and keep driving, as to run out of bounds. The o-line had Jeff Countys puny little d huffin and puffin before the half and I think they'll hold up ok against South's big 'ol D..... Greeneville's D has just scary speed both at the line and in the secondary. If South had not experienced this horrific tragedy, I would have to give them a decisive victory by at least 2 Td's.

Emotions are a powerful....they can motivate or consume. My guess is the Rebels will come out hard. If they are mentally prepared, they win...if not Greeneville might have the advantage. Too many variables to call this one.