Oneida @ Dekalb County

CleatlessInjun

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to the Indians of Oneida here on out. Great game, came down to the 4th qtr. as expected. You guys have a very good football team, DC had to earn everything they got. Had good pass coverage, several times our QB dropped back to find nobody open, then had to make something happen with his running ability. Didnt know how our team would respond after giving up the lead on that 100 INT return right before the half. Will be checking up on you guys to see how you do the rest of the year, Great Game, Good Luck.

Here is a game recap from the DeKalb perspective. I posted it over on the DeKalb thread, thought I would go ahead and post it over here also. Great game.

Tigers Win 35-28 against Oneida

Recap

1st Qtr. - DeKalb 7 - Oneida 7

Halftime - DeKalb 14 - Oneida 21

3rd Qtr. - DeKalb 28 - Oneida 28

Final - DeKalb 35 - Oneida 28

1st Quarter

Oneida first possession results in 3 and out, two plays resulting in tackles for loss. DeKalb first possession a 10 play 75 yard drive, ending with a Poteete 3 yard TD run(7-0). Oneida second posession has a 60 yard kickoff return to DC 29. 5 plays later Oneida scores on a 16 yard TD run (7-7).

2nd Quarter

DeKalb has several big plays on their second possession, (23 yard pass to Johnson, 11 yard Poteete Run, 25 Poteete Run, 8 yard Weatherby rush TD), (14-7). Oneida third possession had a 48 yard rush to inside of DC 5 yard line. Scored on next play (14-14). DC third possession 3 and out. Oneida fourth possession, 4 plays and punt. DC fourth possession included a (18 yard Poteete run, 17 yard Weatherby run, 14 yard pass to Edwards, and 15 yard Poteete run), DC had ball on Oneida 4 yard line with 15 seconds left before the half. Poteete is intercepted and returned for a 100 yard interception return for TD by Oneida(14-21). :roflol: Oneida only led the last 15 seconds of first half.

3rd Quarter

DeKalb gets ball to start 2nd half, after going to locker room on a bad note the Tigers start 2nd half with a 11 play 75 yard drive resulting in a Weatherby 1 yard run (21-21). Oneida first possession of 2nd half results in their QB being sacked and fumbles, DC recovers and starts possession on Oneida's 39 yard line. Two plays later (36 pass to Edwards, 3 yard Poteete TD run) DC scores (28-21). Oneida second possession of 2nd half results in a 45 yard TD run (28-28).

4th Quarter

DC next possession includes big plays (30 yard pass to Johnson, 15 yard Poteete run, 28 yard TD pass to Edwards), (35-28). Oneida next possession, moves ball inside DC 10 yard line on 10+ play drive, but held on 4th down. DC is 3 and out on next possession and forced to punt from inside 10. Oneida starts final possession on DC 45 yard line with well over 2 minutes left in game. In my opinion Oneida panics, they had plenty of time and had ran the ball pretty successfully all night, but Oneida passes on 4 straight plays and possession ends on downs. :roflol: DC kneels on ball and ends the game.

Poteete around 200 yards rushing 2 TD, 150 passing 1 TD. Edwards over 100 yards receiving 1 TD. Weatherby 2 TD rushing.

Great job to the young injuns, especially Houston West! This game will be huge for him 3 years from now. How bout Massingale! Dang boy, way to hang in there against a 6'-2 reciever.

Great job to the coaches too, just about pulled it out. Who did you have left on the bench...the water boy and the tuba player? Be good to see the Indians home!

Tough luck Smashmouth and all the Injun faithful. I'm sure you are one of the best 0 and 2 teams in the state. These games will only make you better as the season goes along. I could see you winning the next eight.Win or lose ,I'm a fan.

Thanks pujo. We had so many things go right last year, it's hard to complain.

I didn't get to see the game but it sounds like the boys played much better. 1 turn over (by a freshman QB) is not bad and I think there was one holding call! Much better focus. I still think this is gonna be a fun year. It will be good to have a home game!

Congrats to Coach Lunsford. A big win over Johnson County for his first game as HC! Those bulldogs might be coasting under the radar! Good luck to you all. Outstanding program, excellent group of young men and coaches.

DeKalb Stats

DeKalb over Oneida 35-28 (Aug. 28)

Stats:

Passing

Hunter Poteete - 10 of 18 for 170 yards, 1 touchdown, 56% Completion Percentage, 17 yards per completion.

Rushing

Hunter Poteete - 27 carries - 236 yards, 2 touchdowns, 8.7 yards per rush

Tyler Weatherby- 10 carries - 71 yards, 2 touchdowns, 7.1 yards per rush

Matt Collier- 3 carries - 6 yards, 2 yards per rush

Total 40 carries for 313 yard and 4 touchdowns, 7.8 yards per rush

Receiving:

Abram Edwards- 6 catches - 106 yards, 1 touchdown, 17.7 yards per reception

Frank Morris- 1 catch - 7 yards, 7 yards per reception

Travon Johnson- 2 catches - 54 yards, 27 yards per reception

Sonni Young- 1 catch - 3 yards, 3 yards per reception

Kicks/Punts

Zack Taylor- 5 of 5 in extra points

Shane Sallie 2 punts for 81 yards, 40.5 avg.

Kick Returns:

Schuyler Allen- 2 returns - 8 yards, 4 yard avg.

Abram Edwards- 2 returns - 42 yards, 21 yard avg.

Info courtesy of WJLE Radio. Click on link to view recap or game, stats, and video clips.

http://www.wjle.com/node/8529

I'm not a coach, but who tries to throw the ball 4 times in a row with a freshman qb after running the ball down their throats all night? dang the boys are playing there buts off how about a some help from the coaches. how do you have that much experience at head coach then make calls like that.we should be 2 and 0 but we are 0 and 2

Loopie - someone finally sees the light! We ran the ball against DC like we owned it so why change a plan that had worked all night? COMMON SENSE is all it takes. If the plan ISN'T working, CHANGE the plan; if the plan IS working, STICK WITH THE PLAN. Dang it, what's so complicated about that? A field goal at GP would have won that game. A few more runs and DC would have been history. Injuns, you did your job!!

I'm not a coach, but who tries to throw the ball 4 times in a row with a freshman qb after running the ball down their throats all night? dang the boys are playing there buts off how about a some help from the coaches. how do you have that much experience at head coach then make calls like that.we should be 2 and 0 but we are 0 and 2

I wish I had seen the game. You can't tell anything from the radio. I know there was 2:30 mins left with no time outs and Woodard and Hudson were on the sideline. I don't know if Sexton was 100% having gone back into the locker room for a spell.

Still, I have to admit, I was surprized at the pass on 1st down. Really boxed in the options after that. Overall, I thought the coaches and the O-line did a good job of protecting West as much as possible.