Cosby vs Hampton

dogbreath

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton lost nearly all of their skill people, The only returner is the QB. What helps them is they returned their line. They also got some good skill people to come out this year.They are really helping.

Mike has a good talent pool in the school. He knows how to get them to come out. If he wasn't a football coach, he'd make a great car salesman. :thumb:

Hampton lost nearly all of their skill people, The only returner is the QB. What helps them is they returned their line. They also got some good skill people to come out this year.They are really helping.

Madden and Andrews...are they still there or did they garduate?

Both are back and they also have a big boy who played year before last to come back out. I'd say he's in the neighborhood of 300 pounds. Hampton has several lineman that they can use. Probably the most depth they've ever had as far as lineman goes. This may be the 1st year that all of them goes over 200. They even have big LB,S .

Madden and Andrews...are they still there or did they garduate?

Both are back and they also have a big boy who played year before last to come back out. I'd say he's in the neighborhood of 300 pounds. Hampton has several lineman that they can use. Probably the most depth they've ever had as far as lineman goes. This may be the 1st year that all of them goes over 200. They even have big LB,S .

Thanks and very much appreciated. Go Dawgs!

lost all but one on the OL. TE got moved to full back because returning FB quit. one returning WR #5 the other starter now is the QB. that offense summed up. defense two returning DE one moved to LB because Starting LB quit. three returning DB's that sums up defense.

That makes it pretty tough when you have starters quitting.I'm sure you fellers will get through it.Small schools don't have 2 or 3 deep at every position. Even alot of big schools don't.

Mike has a good talent pool in the school. He knows how to get them to come out. If he wasn't a football coach, he'd make a great car salesman. :popcorneater:

That is a big part of coaching that very few think about. The ability to get kids out.Cloudland has quite a bit of talent sitting in the stands on Friday nights. I'd say most schools do. No matter who the coach is,some are just not going to play. but some people have the knack of getting through to most of um.Thats one thing that helped Cloudland. Most of the better atheletes played.

Good Luck to the Bulldogs. I think Hampton is gonna have a pretty good team this year. Folks may not catch on till week 6 or 7, but I think they may surprize a few schools not paying attention.

Dang, can't believe lil pujo is playing Middle School ball. Best of luck to the lil Dogs as well. Man, I thought my heart was gonna explode when I watched my son run out onto M.E. Thompson field for the first time this year.

When I first came out for football, in the eyes of a 14 year old, coach Lunsford was like the president of the U.S. As a young kid in the eighth grade, I saw the pride that the Lander players displayed in wearing the gold jersey and the effort they gave on the field and in the weight room. I wanted to be part of that so very bad. I was able to develop into the type of person who survives when tough times come. I even remember my first practice under Lunsford. He made the statement before we started excersises. "Today is the day we separate the men from the boys." I'll never forget it. :thumb:

Good Luck to the Bulldogs. I think Hampton is gonna have a pretty good team this year. Folks may not catch on till week 6 or 7, but I think they may surprize a few schools not paying attention.

Dang, can't believe lil pujo is playing Middle School ball. Best of luck to the lil Dogs as well. Man, I thought my heart was gonna explode when I watched my son run out onto M.E. Thompson field for the first time this year.

Smashmouth, you can pull for the BIG DOGS, but you have to pull for the Jr High Highlanders.They grow up in a hurry and I'm not in a hurry to see mine grow up. At least I have one in his 1st year of flag.Just think ,our 2 sons may very well go toe to toe one day. If so ,I hope both are winners.

Oh and you may be right about Hampton, they have a shot at being pretty good.Good luck to both sets of the Indians.

Huge game for both teams, I know in the preseason coaches poll, Cosby was picked to win it, Cloudland 2ond and the Bulldogs 3rd. I actually thought Cloudland should have been the favorite. When this bunch of seniors were in middleschool ,they run over everyone. I guess time will tell and this is the first big region game of the season. SICKUM DOGS.