Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan Central

BatmanDB

I have no problem with the radio coverage we got the other night 94.3.Everything ealse just stinks so far.We have {two} reports as of right now in tcs,and they are to remind us we got beat or how was it [stones].Don't even get me started on our local news paper,it's not even good enough for the old days :thumb:

Any TRUE Indian fan would have / should cancel their subscription to the Kingsport Times. They are pathetic. :rolleyes: Also, GC really needs to leave some of those sayings at home before comming to the ballgame. Some are funny but most are out there :thumb: . I think he uses them to avoid a question.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with the radio coverage we got the other night 94.3.Everything ealse just stinks so far.We have {two} reports as of right now in tcs,and they are to remind us we got beat or how was it [stones].Don't even get me started on our local news paper,it's not even good enough for the old days :thumb:

Any TRUE Indian fan would have / should cancel their subscription to the Kingsport Times. They are pathetic. :rolleyes: Also, GC really needs to leave some of those sayings at home before comming to the ballgame. Some are funny but most are out there :thumb: . I think he uses them to avoid a question.

I don't get a paper anymore. What was said in the Times News?

I think for the old timers it's rather simple to see when somone changed screen names...and for what reason. There are those posing to be Rebels who in fact are not at all. In fact could be they are Indians/Golden Raiders. Depends if you hang out at Mama's place or not. At any rate, most Rebels are a bit preoccupied these days with the greater of life's teachings and still trying to get all of the i's dotted and all the t's crossed. I doubt much will change in the Rebel camp anytime soon. It was all we could do to field a team Friday night much less come away with a win and a school record. We may be composed by October 2nd but not a day before. We appreciate your respect and would love to have our age old bickering going on but somehow it just doesn't have the same taste these days. In all honesty, it is almost a chore just to get on here and read. I don't mean to have sounded the knell for the message boards but when it feels right we will be back. One by one...day by day...but for now, we are each involved in our own personal version of 08/21/09. In due time...Rebel Nation

We completley resect the process you guys are going threw right now. We as a community have seen, felt and remembered together. I surely hope non of ours will indrude in a disrespectful manner. Good win under the belt Friday night. I knew that was Jakes number 1 goal and I'm happy to see the team made it happen.

I don't get a paper anymore. What was said in the Times News?

It's the way they talk in regards to the Indians. Last week after we lost the game their was a quote in there that said "That was the nail in the coffin" to me, I thought this was a very bad time for our community to write something like this, a couple of days after Jake was layed to rest. Then, you would think that the paper would mostly be about the Indians and the Rebels since we are the Kingsport teams or atleast our conference but mostly what I read is about all these teams in VA. Pretty Bad, Pretty Bad!!!!

It's the way they talk in regards to the Indians. Last week after we lost the game their was a quote in there that said "That was the nail in the coffin" to me, I thought this was a very bad time for our community to write something like this, a couple of days after Jake was layed to rest. Then, you would think that the paper would mostly be about the Indians and the Rebels since we are the Kingsport teams or atleast our conference but mostly what I read is about all these teams in VA. Pretty Bad, Pretty Bad!!!!

I've heard it's all about SW VA now. Maybe ole Bliss is pulling strings so you have to get the info from his site now instead of the Times News. dry.gif That was a pretty pathetic quote to make during that time. As far as people jumping on each other's threads, it only takes one person to give the whole fanbase a bad name. Those that are like that are usually the younguns and just plain immature.

Any TRUE Indian fan would have / should cancel their subscription to the Kingsport Times. They are pathetic. :thumb: Also, GC really needs to leave some of those sayings at home before comming to the ballgame. Some are funny but most are out there :thumb: . I think he uses them to avoid a question.

Well,I did cancel a long time ago,but still cross my fingers and look at work to just get mad all over again :rolleyes: I remember the greeneville sun covering our Devil games years ago.They would have nice previews before games and talk about what a great job different players done during the week,and our offense was allways giving the ball up.In other words,they were a home town paper,not a joke like the Kingsport times.I've still got nice write ups from thirty years ago,and all our boys have up here is crap.

I cancelled mine to last year, but like DB says, it's normally laying around at work and I to pick it up just to shake my head in disbelief. I don't know why all the VA stuff is in there like it is. I guess they have no idea about hometown pride. If any read the article on DB last week, then they know the comment I'm talking about. When I read that statement, the article left my mind and went straight to a tragic event that had just finished its final course. The timeing of this statement, I thought "how innapropriate." :roflol:

While getting ready for another 12 hours of night shift your mind can think of the dardest things.I've got a couple of questions for those that didn't stay until the end of the game friday and give the DB players and coaches a clap or two for a job well done.Has anybody seen the size and speed that they allways have at Oak Ridge ? Does anyone know who is now coaching Oak Ridge and what he has done in the past ? Now,does anyone know what Farragut done to Oak Ridge this past week? Farragut has one of the toughest schedules you will find,and it could pound them down,but for now,they are just plain good .Roll Tribe :roflol:

I haven't seen DB play this year, so here is my question. Is Chris Sensabaugh playing Linebacker? If not, why not? You all have said he would rather hit someone, especially with his running style. I am sure you have some speedsters you can use at RB, and just let Chris play linebacker, maybe come in for 3rd and short or goal line running plays. Just a thought I was having, especially since you say the defense can't tackle.

I haven't seen DB play this year, so here is my question. Is Chris Sensabaugh playing Linebacker? If not, why not? You all have said he would rather hit someone, especially with his running style. I am sure you have some speedsters you can use at RB, and just let Chris play linebacker, maybe come in for 3rd and short or goal line running plays. Just a thought I was having, especially since you say the defense can't tackle.

He's playing linebacker. From what it looked like against Farragut, it comes very natural to him, especially given his lack of reps in spring/summer at the position. At this point, the best atheletes need to be on the field at all times. There are many teams that use thier running backs as db's and on special teams. Especially at the HS level. If you notice in a lot of the pictures from Farragut and Friday's game, he gets good penetration and at times, is our only defender that is seen in the opponents backfield.

Good question.Chris has seen a lot of time at Linebacker,he is just to important not to carry the ball however on offense.I said a long time ago that we need him somewhere on defense.Yes we have a speed back that I think the coaches will get on the field somewhere before it's over.Like in the slot instead of running our fullbacks out for passes,getting him to stretch the field.I would allso like to see them both in the backfield together,wow!!

sooo im going to go ahead and say that I am almost happy DB has come out against two pretty good teams and lost....better in the beginning then the end. it builds character and gives them something to coach on. Still got love for The Tribe!!! and we'll see what happens this year!! Good Luck Indians!!!!

Roll Tribe Roll!!