Wayne Co @ Richland

wildcatpride70

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They already have a good coach and former player with Coach Hickman. He just can't do well because he has to deal with the two Taylors screwing everything up. I respect Coach Hickman because he knew what he was doing and never cussed me or my teammates. That can't be said of Taylor. He and his son constantly call the players dumb-$&^ every chance they get. I wanted to take his head off for calling me that.

Played football with him, good guy, have not seen him coaching. Does not have a lot of experience coaching is this his 2nd or 3rd year at richland. I believe he helped at Ardmore before he came to richland. But then again nobody has experience until someone gives them a chance.

Being from Richland myself, and playing football during the good years, it is hard to believe the program has slipped this far. Richland admistration has had oppertunitys in the past to hire or promote good quality coaches. But they allow them to leave and go to other countys or do not hire them at all. So even if Taylor leaves or resigns, what makes you all think the next coach will be anything but a please all. They do not have the money to hire a well known coach, and doubtfull if any would come and coach, back in the day they went and got bud, then rogers, and chunn. I dont see that happening they need to search the talent pool of former players and find the best coach in the bunch. That is the only way the get success to return to raider land.

Administration has not "allowed" other coaches to leave...The coaches have left on their own due to what they experienced under Taylor, or due to lack of support under then principal McMasters.

The "next" coach should be recruited the same way the coaches at Giles Co. High have been recruited. If money isn't a hurdle to finding a good coach at that school, then it shouldn't be a hurdle at Richland. Both schools are a part of Giles Co. and should be treated the same when it comes to finding a good coach! I don't believe they should look for a "former" player either. You get into too much "politics" when you do that--just as what must be happening in keeping Taylor, and would answer your question as to assuring that he isn't a "please all."

Administration has not "allowed" other coaches to leave...The coaches have left on their own due to what they experienced under Taylor, or due to lack of support under then principal McMasters. The "next" coach should be recruited the same way the coaches at Giles Co. High have been recruited. If money isn't a hurdle to finding a good coach at that school, then it shouldn't be a hurdle at Richland. Both schools are a part of Giles Co. and should be treated the same when it comes to finding a good coach! I don't believe they should look for a "former" player either. You get into too much "politics" when you do that--just as what must be happening in keeping Taylor, and would answer your question as to assuring that he isn't a "please all."

Look at at what GCHS has compared to Richland. The indoor practice building is a good example. The system takes good care of GCHS and does not give a darn about Richland. When I was there, the visitors had a better locker room than we did! We didn't even have a toilet in ours. I'm sure it hasn't changed.

Good luck getting the school system to help Richland with anything. Every loose $$ for sports will go to GCHS.

Believe me I wasn’t endorsing Coach Taylor or his coaching ability. I was endorsing the Richland community and a potentially good football program. I remember when coach Chun, Shirey (sp?) and the first few years of Taylor that the high school coaches worked with the Jr. High in the mornings. This, IF the leadership is good is a great situation. If the right person is put into place the new excitement will be amazing and like Mt. Pleasant Richland they will be a force to reckon with. I must be honest as long as Richland was on our schedule I never wanted them to make a change.

Being from Richland myself, and playing football during the good years, it is hard to believe the program has slipped this far. Richland admistration has had oppertunitys in the past to hire or promote good quality coaches. But they allow them to leave and go to other countys or do not hire them at all. So even if Taylor leaves or resigns, what makes you all think the next coach will be anything but a please all. They do not have the money to hire a well known coach, and doubtfull if any would come and coach, back in the day they went and got bud, then rogers, and chunn. I dont see that happening they need to search the talent pool of former players and find the best coach in the bunch. That is the only way the get success to return to raider land.

Administration has not "allowed" other coaches to leave...The coaches have left on their own due to what they experienced under Taylor, or due to lack of support under then principal McMasters.

The "next" coach should be recruited the same way the coaches at Giles Co. High have been recruited. If money isn't a hurdle to finding a good coach at that school, then it shouldn't be a hurdle at Richland. Both schools are a part of Giles Co. and should be treated the same when it comes to finding a good coach! I don't believe they should look for a "former" player either. You get into too much "politics" when you do that--just as what must be happening in keeping Taylor, and would answer your question as to assuring that he isn't a "please all."

It is not equal and yes they have allowed coaches to leave. Being in a school system myself and being a coach, there are ways to keep good quality coaches and teachers without promoting them. I do agree that since Mcmasters has left it should be better as far as keeping coaches. My understanding was that she was very difficult to work with. With that being said Winning is the only sure way to produce the facilitys that Giles Co. has produced, and as far as money well lets just say Richland does not have the revienew that Giles Co. has. Richland does not have a town that can produce coorprate money that will back the hireing of a out of town high profile coach. Also by hireing a former player who is now a coach you remove the problem of new good coach leaving after 1 or 2 years. A coach from there is more likely to stay and build not build and leave. Taylor was a pitty hire they had to find some where for him to go and Richland was coachless. And Taylor is not from there he is a Giles co. coach and did the same thing there he is doing at Richland.

It is not equal and yes they have allowed coaches to leave. Being in a school system myself and being a coach, there are ways to keep good quality coaches and teachers without promoting them. I do agree that since Mcmasters has left it should be better as far as keeping coaches. My understanding was that she was very difficult to work with. With that being said Winning is the only sure way to produce the facilitys that Giles Co. has produced, and as far as money well lets just say Richland does not have the revienew that Giles Co. has. Richland does not have a town that can produce coorprate money that will back the hireing of a out of town high profile coach. Also by hireing a former player who is now a coach you remove the problem of new good coach leaving after 1 or 2 years. A coach from there is more likely to stay and build not build and leave. Taylor was a pitty hire they had to find some where for him to go and Richland was coachless. And Taylor is not from there he is a Giles co. coach and did the same thing there he is doing at Richland.

Sounds like we got all of their leftovers. Leftover bleachers, leftover coach. Maybe they can send Richland a leftover toilet for the home team?

Many of you have excellent points. I agree that having a good coach help with Jr. High ball is a great idea. Building the program from Jr. High upwards teaches those kids the fundamentals that they need to play H.S. ball. I was just saying that it shouldn't be Taylor because he doesn't know what he is doing.

As far as hiring someone from Richland who will stay,,, that is a good idea as long as it isn't a "political" hire or a "leftover" hire as was done with Taylor.

It is true that Lynville doesn't have the tax money being brought in that Pulaski does, BUT, Richland is a school system within Giles Co., so all tax money from the county should be shared equally. If Richland were to hire a good coach, the revenue from filling the stands every Fri. night would increase. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money--build the program and they will come. There are too many good parents and kids at Richland to be ignoring them like the school system is doing when it comes to sports.

I think everyone is in agreement that there has to be change. Who is going to do it????

I think as long as the community and booster club allows it to go on it will continue to go on. However it should not be a push hire, the school administrater needs to step in and do something. A push hire creates to much pressure. This is going to be a project for who ever is the replacement. It will not happen overninght 2 or 3 years is a resonable time frame for a new coach.

I think as long as the community and booster club allows it to go on it will continue to go on. However it should not be a push hire, the school administrater needs to step in and do something. A push hire creates to much pressure. This is going to be a project for who ever is the replacement. It will not happen overninght 2 or 3 years is a resonable time frame for a new coach.

The problem will be finding somebody who wants to walk into Taylor's mess. The program is a complete mess after years of his "coaching."