Greene Devils at Bestsy week 3

DevilMan03

Hey Lawn

The devils also beat science hill in a scrimmage a few weeks ago.

Devils did amazing. They owned them!!!

And Betsy as good as South???

Highly DOUBT that...

Don't be gettin a big head after the hill topper win.

We beat south in a scrimmage a few weeks ago greeneville. Betsy was amazing so i think i know more about betsy than you do.

By the way i never get the big head over a high school football game because we are talking about kids playing a game its not life or death its a game and after what happened to jake of south you find out what really matters in life.I am 42yrs old and believe me my head quit swelling along time ago.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I checked Cyclones need to focus on Happy Valley then turn toward Greenville for full attention! Its funny how confident Greenville fans are against the Cyclones,but yet you all are talking about it 2 weeks early! Last time we meet which was last year that game could have went either way! So are you all as good as last year? Cyclones are 100% better just watch the film! As far as better than South cant say all though we did beat them in a scrimmage! We should have beat the Toppers by 23 points but we didnt capitalize! This will be a great game as always between these two teams! Just dont base your theory on were not better than south cause you may look up and it be to 14-0 that quick!

Cyclones----24

Greenville---14

Go Cyclones!!!!!!

Hey barb how long you been a greeneville fan.I have been watching betsy for 28 yrs and one of the best games i have ever seen was when shawn was a senior and we beat greeneville and then barly got beat by maryville the next round a game we should have won.Greeneville was 13-0 when we came to town that year.

I've only been in Greeneville about 10 years.....

Yeah Greeneville played Betsy 10 days after losing their stud QB (Greenway) with a retooled offense. While this years offense isn't quite as crisp as last year, the defense is just the best I've seen it....of course it was missing 2 starters @ South...I anticipate everyone healthy for Betsy and the offense to execute more efficiently after the week off.Gonna be really hard for Betsy to run the ball and with Hall back,the pass rush will be scary.I understand the win over SH was costly for Betsy from an injury standpoint. Whats your status going into your game at Happy Valley?

The Devils do have a good Defense but the Offense is lacking in a QB. Quarles can't hold a candle to Greenway and that's a fact. Not your typical Devils QB, he must be the only QB they have. I've seen him in action and he looks scared and unconfident in the pocket and his passes are less than pretty. The only thing that keeps him from looking like a complete idiot is the other 10 guys on the field. If they were a mediocre team, he would be punished every play. He better thank his lucky stars for them. If Greeneville had stayed in 4A it may have been ugly for them offensively without a competent signal caller. I'm not trying to be cruel, but the truth is the truth. I bet a lot of Devil fans would agree, even if they won't admit it.

I think you all pulling info from the wrong places on this thread. First off, for the one who said Betsy beat South in a scrimmage so they must be better than South. For those who weren't at the scrimmage, Betsy was able to score against South's first team on jump balls and one long pass play. When South pulled their starters, they were ahead and it's just a scrimmage anyway. Just like the jamboree, do you really think the South-TN High score was a real indication of each team? Don't base your prediction on a scrimmage. :roflol:

Second, the game Friday night versus Greeneville was not your usual game. With everything happening during the week at South, that's not the same Rebel team as you will see as the season progresses. Also, South-Greeneville has developed into a great rivalry and they know each other well.

That being said, both teams have impressed me this year. Betsy will be starting any drive after a kickoff at their own 20 so get ready for that. Going to make it a little tougher to drive 80 yards each time. Both teams have plenty of weapons so it's going to come down to the D to make stops. This is going to be a tough game and can go either way and may be won on a field goal. My pick would be:

Greeneville - 24

Betsy - 21

The Devils do have a good Defense but the Offense is lacking in a QB. Quarles can't hold a candle to Greenway and that's a fact. Not your typical Devils QB, he must be the only QB they have. I've seen him in action and he looks scared and unconfident in the pocket and his passes are less than pretty. The only thing that keeps him from looking like a complete idiot is the other 10 guys on the field. If they were a mediocre team, he would be punished every play. He better thank his lucky stars for them. If Greeneville had stayed in 4A it may have been ugly for them offensively without a competent signal caller. I'm not trying to be cruel, but the truth is the truth. I bet a lot of Devil fans would agree, even if they won't admit it.

Yeah, Quarles is a senior who had his first varsity start against Jeff County. He might be a little nervous in the pocket but he has the necessary skills to get the job done. Your SG Rebels are fortunate to have a veteran like Susong...but then it is a TEAM sport and I don't imagine even your stud qb would look very good without the rest of your boys....he might not look so good when Jamel Hall comes busting through the line to plant him on our pretty rug on the 18th. Meanwhile we will use challenging teams like Betsy and Sullivan South to get ready for ya!!! Meanwhile I think you all are gonna have your hands full with Cumberland Gap this Friday.

Barb, I'm a SG fan and I hate to say it but you speak truth. You can check my posts in the other threads for my analysis, but SG will be facing a big time challenge this Friday in CG. I also agree with you on how Susong will handle serious pressure (his past is not good when put under pressure). He's been pretty fortunate so far this year since Unicoi and Cocke Counties created very little pressure in the back field. I hope he's matured to a point of making better decisions against pressure.

Though I pull hardest for SG (all my boys have played, are playing, or will play there) I'm a county and GHS fan as well. I've spent alot of time the last few years around the GHS players and coaches and I'm impressed. I know some of the county folks are jealous but the GHS program has good people and some very talented kids. They are strong, they work hard and the entire organization is committed to winning. I think GHS is better right now than they were at this time last year and should handle Betsy, albeit a close game. I'll take GHS by a TD.

Yeah, Quarles is a senior who had his first varsity start against Jeff County. He might be a little nervous in the pocket but he has the necessary skills to get the job done. Your SG Rebels are fortunate to have a veteran like Susong...but then it is a TEAM sport and I don't imagine even your stud qb would look very good without the rest of your boys....he might not look so good when Jamel Hall comes busting through the line to plant him on our pretty rug on the 18th. Meanwhile we will use challenging teams like Betsy and Sullivan South to get ready for ya!!! Meanwhile I think you all are gonna have your hands full with Cumberland Gap this Friday.

Never said it was all about 1, thankful for All our Rebels on the team from the starters to the bench. You're only as strong as your weakest link and yours happens to be your QB. Just don't see him as the usual caliber QB the Devils normally have and I think it will hurt your team down the road. Wasn't talking about the SG/GHS game. Let's not worry about the 18th yet, we're preparing for the Gap this week and sounds like Greeneville will have their hands full with with the Cyclones next week. Who are the Devils looking at for QB next year?

Never said it was all about 1, thankful for All our Rebels on the team from the starters to the bench. You're only as strong as your weakest link and yours happens to be your QB. Just don't see him as the usual caliber QB the Devils normally have and I think it will hurt your team down the road. Wasn't talking about the SG/GHS game. Let's not worry about the 18th yet, we're preparing for the Gap this week and sounds like Greeneville will have their hands full with with the Cyclones next week. Who are the Devils looking at for QB next year?

well there's this middle school kid... geez man 1 season at a time it takes time to groom one....Quarles would have benefited if McCurry had given him more snaps instead of relying so heavily on Greenway and Hall. Of course when you are facing superior numbers the opportunity to work your back-ups becomes an after-thought....When you look across the field at 100 guys on MoWest sidelines you know your starters are gonna have to play the whole game to have a chance. Quarles was lucky to get 30 seconds of play a game. He handled himself pretty well against Jeff County and South and Betsy will be another test but he's the kind of young man who doesn't back down from a challenge and he'll do OK. At least we know that barring injury, he'll be around for the play-offs.

Barb, I'm a SG fan and I hate to say it but you speak truth. You can check my posts in the other threads for my analysis, but SG will be facing a big time challenge this Friday in CG. I also agree with you on how Susong will handle serious pressure (his past is not good when put under pressure). He's been pretty fortunate so far this year since Unicoi and Cocke Counties created very little pressure in the back field. I hope he's matured to a point of making better decisions against pressure.

Though I pull hardest for SG (all my boys have played, are playing, or will play there) I'm a county and GHS fan as well. I've spent alot of time the last few years around the GHS players and coaches and I'm impressed. I know some of the county folks are jealous but the GHS program has good people and some very talented kids. They are strong, they work hard and the entire organization is committed to winning. I think GHS is better right now than they were at this time last year and should handle Betsy, albeit a close game. I'll take GHS by a TD.

Wow 3dad doesn't sound like you have too much confidence in your QB, not the first post I have read of you putting him down! Don't see the G fans on here trashing their players all over the board. Sounds like you are still true to your roots. But since your kid plays there at least try to act like a real Rebel fan. Not jealous of GHS at all but a little fan loalty and support for the team would be nice. The loosing teams have more school spirt and support than our fans do. That's sad! I seriously doubt SG is expecting an easy game this week (or any other week) and they know they have things to work on, just like every team, that's what practice is for.

well there's this middle school kid... geez man 1 season at a time it takes time to groom one....Quarles would have benefited if McCurry had given him more snaps instead of relying so heavily on Greenway and Hall. Of course when you are facing superior numbers the opportunity to work your back-ups becomes an after-thought....When you look across the field at 100 guys on MoWest sidelines you know your starters are gonna have to play the whole game to have a chance. Quarles was lucky to get 30 seconds of play a game. He handled himself pretty well against Jeff County and South and Betsy will be another test but he's the kind of young man who doesn't back down from a challenge and he'll do OK. At least we know that barring injury, he'll be around for the play-offs.

Just wondering who his back up is. I would have thought he played QB for the B-Team, that's our training ground.