Maplewood at David Lipscomb

sportsnutdad

Wow I guess I'm glad that I started this thread. It has been interesting, but puzzling at times. Boski obviously played football, but maybe without a helmet. Anyway, I still believe it will be a good game that could go either way. I'm taking the Mustangs, in a battle, by a touchdown. - lol no way old timer ..the no helmet thing was way before my time... but hey didnt you make the all star team that year? ..you lead the league in head blocks in 1929 398392186_6e815eaf86.jpg?v=0

remember now?

I'm not seeing much respect for the Mustangs from the Maplewood front. They have a very good team and should be proud of their team. However, taking opponents, especially ones with the track record Lipscomb has, could be a serious mistake. I'm reminded of similar attititudes being displayed by Mitchell, Fulton and others prior to being surprised by the Mustangs. I also think back to a post from one of our region opponents that was addressed to one of our playoff opponents. They said playing Lipscomb is about as much fun as having a root canal procedure at the dentist. As they then said, sit back and enjoy it....

-snd

im seeing the same thing ..but only its reversed. oh well my friend we shall all see tonight!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I guess I'm glad that I started this thread. It has been interesting, but puzzling at times. Boski obviously played football, but maybe without a helmet. Anyway, I still believe it will be a good game that could go either way. I'm taking the Mustangs, in a battle, by a touchdown.

I'm not seeing much respect for the Mustangs from the Maplewood front. They have a very good team and should be proud of their team. However, taking opponents, especially ones with the track record Lipscomb has, could be a serious mistake. I'm reminded of similar attititudes being displayed by Mitchell, Fulton and others prior to being surprised by the Mustangs. I also think back to a post from one of our region opponents that was addressed to one of our playoff opponents. They said playing Lipscomb is about as much fun as having a root canal procedure at the dentist. As they then said, sit back and enjoy it....

-snd

I'm pretty sure no one is taking anyone lightly. Both teams have prepared and the better team will win. There will be no excuses afterwards. I honestly think it will be a great game and wish both teams the best! This game is what high school football is all about!!!

Man......I just had a Mongolian monk try to decipher the boski jibberish and he referred me to a medicine man from the infamous Fucarewe tribe and he couldn't come up with anything.....then I run into a homeless guy that looked at it and said "that dude is whacked, jacked up on the stuff, he be trippin'"

My final thoughts. Any time an old 5-3a school is playing someone else, I root for them to win. DL in a squeaker.

As far as boski is concerned......there is definitely a reason to "spay and neuter" your boski. I would have said lobotomy but would have had nothing to work with.

How sweeeet......always enjoy a good Mustang loss :thumb:

How pathetic. Couldn't ever get it done yourself, huh likearock?

im not even going to respond to that other guy ..he really has lost it!

anyway great game both teams!! DL you had me a lil worried there

MHS messed around and got bit by a mustang first ..but i told you them panthers dont give up, they bite back.

DL you guys played better than i thought you would .... real good game!!

traps and sweeps are nice at first but in the end speed kills :flower:

i want to give a shout out to MBA!! welcome to 2 - 1 baby!!!! oh did i forgot to tell you that Maplewood's 2 - 1 was going to fell better than your 2 - 1 ...sorry bout that my bad. "SHREDDED"

Good game Maplewood!!!!!!!

I agree with you Boski. This was high school football at it's best. Maplewood can be proud of their program and team. The Lipscomb team cleaned-up quite a few loose ends from Week 0. Credits to their team and coaches. They'll gain experience and improve more in the coming weeks. Everyone doubted how good they'd be following the 2009 senior class. They still have players and can compete with the best in the state.

This is shaping up to be a heck of a football district. None of that crap from East Tennessee about all the good football being played in East Tennessee. I believe the 4A Champ will come from Middle Tennessee.

-snd

i want to give a shout out to MBA!! welcome to 2 - 1 baby!!!! oh did i forgot to tell you that Maplewood's 2 - 1 was going to fell better than your 2 - 1 ...sorry bout that my bad. "SHREDDED"

Well, thanks. We had to walk a little farther to meet you there, but the view ain't horrible.

boski, you can be pretty annoying and ultra-biased, but your posts are always a hoot. If there were ever a CoachT shindig, I'd bet you would be holding court with some of us. I'd be there; I always enjoy a good laugh.

Well, thanks. We had to walk a little farther to meet you there, but the view ain't horrible.

boski, you can be pretty annoying and ultra-biased, but your posts are always a hoot. If there were ever a CoachT shindig, I'd bet you would be holding court with some of us. I'd be there; I always enjoy a good laugh.

lol just having fun ...thanks ...yes a real nice view ...good luck rest of season DL ...MBA ... later folks off to work i go!

• 1 month later...

I'm new to this "big boy" league. Could you remind me exactly what Maplewood has earned over the past.. let's say 20 years?

hey guy if you dont know by now, then there is no sense in telling you. because you still wouldnt understand ..its a Panther thang homie!

"I'm serious. Have they earned anything over the last 20 years? State championships? Region championships? I'm asking because I really don't know."

ask me that at the end of this season ...

Maplewood won the District 10 Championship this year.

Well, I knew he wasnt going to comeback and ask. :flower: