Spring Hill @ Giles Co.

Raiders0410

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote="MikeWinchell

I'm complaining about OC's arrogant playcalling.

What would you have had them call......? they had 9 in the box......a dive play maybe and let them hammer our boys.....I don't think so.

It was the perfect call. Spring Hill was bringing the pressure and they simply got caught in a really bad defensive play. Like I stated before tackle 14 at midfield where the ball was thrown and were not even having this discussion.

Throwing the ball with a 2 TD lead and 2 and half minutes left is uncalled for. The only reason I can think of doing this would be to get Bo his stats.

I was clearly referencing you quote above.

I still don't understand what you mean by first game i've ever seen? Trust me I've seen as many games as you have and I haven't missed but one Giles County game in the past five years.

i agree with likearock. spring hill was very capable tieing the game with 3 minutes left. so tring to score and put the nail in the coffin is fine with me. besides, its the offense's job is to score not to give up and let the other team run over them. what likearock means is that in that situation most coachs would try to score, not fold like a piece of paper

i agree with likearock. spring hill was very capable tieing the game with 3 minutes left. so tring to score and put the nail in the coffin is fine with me. besides, its the offense's job is to score not to give up and let the other team run over them. what likearock means is that in that situation most coachs would try to score, not fold like a piece of paper

So running the ball and taking time off the clock with a 2 touchdown lead is folding like a piece of paper? I highly doubt they would've been able to tie the game down 2 TD's with one timeout left with 3 minutes left in the game if Giles would've ran the ball and played it safe.

Throwing the ball with a 2 TD lead and 2 and half minutes left is uncalled for. The only reason I can think of doing this would be to get Bo his stats.

I still don't understand what you mean by first game i've ever seen? Trust me I've seen as many games as you have and I haven't missed but one Giles County game in the past five years.

Still trying to figure out if you are a Giles County fan or not Mr. Winchell. Now that I have a time line of your fan-ship, allow me to offer the following. 04. Everybody's homecoming opponent. Good choice being as we only won 1 game. 05. First 4 under new coach lost. Want to talk about running it up. See Cheatham County. 06. The OC era begins. The 05 game with Cheatham Co. probably helped us more than any game. The fans were furious the way the Cubs "Piled" it on. The coach taught us a totally different outlook. The Cubs were where we should be and its our job to work toward being able to stop the scoring. We should always thank the Cubs for putting a taste in our mouths that we never want to taste again. If SH gets by Columbia, NOBODY will touch them until the playoffs. Well coached, great effort and lots of heart on Sh. We will see them again. So, let the teams decide it on the field and either support OC and his staff or exit left! :thumb:

Quit Whining :thumb:

So running the ball and taking time off the clock with a 2 touchdown lead is folding like a piece of paper? I highly doubt they would've been able to tie the game down 2 TD's with one timeout left with 3 minutes left in the game if Giles would've ran the ball and played it safe.

SH was defending the run very well. apparently thats what they had set out to do. i like what oc did. if SH was in out situation wouldnt they have done the same thing. its the offenses job to score and thats what they did.SCORE. SH showed in the 1st half that they could score in a jam when they did it with seconds left on the clock.

Giles County: 42

Spring Hill: 27

The Raiders are much improved and they are primed for a big year but Giles is just a machine this year. I predict this to be the 1st of 2 possible meetings between these 2 teams this season.

This is the 2nd week in a row that I have picked a Giles game and been really close on my prediction :oops:

Still trying to figure out if you are a Giles County fan or not Mr. Winchell. Now that I have a time line of your fan-ship, allow me to offer the following. 04. Everybody's homecoming opponent. Good choice being as we only won 1 game. 05. First 4 under new coach lost. Want to talk about running it up. See Cheatham County. 06. The OC era begins. The 05 game with Cheatham Co. probably helped us more than any game. The fans were furious the way the Cubs "Piled" it on. The coach taught us a totally different outlook. The Cubs were where we should be and its our job to work toward being able to stop the scoring. We should always thank the Cubs for putting a taste in our mouths that we never want to taste again. If SH gets by Columbia, NOBODY will touch them until the playoffs. Well coached, great effort and lots of heart on Sh. We will see them again. So, let the teams decide it on the field and either support OC and his staff or exit left! :thumb:

I'm a Giles County fan, just not a fan of running the score up. If I said that I've only missed one game the past 5 years, why would you give me a timeline of info that I already know?

Giles County: 42

Spring Hill: 27

The Raiders are much improved and they are primed for a big year but Giles is just a machine this year. I predict this to be the 1st of 2 possible meetings between these 2 teams this season.

This is the 2nd week in a row that I have picked a Giles game and been really close on my prediction :thumb:

Good call Howdoitknow. My past two game predictions have been off quite a bit.

As predicted a 3TD win for the Bobcats. 42-21

The last score by giles was not priceless;........but "classless".

Less than 3 minutes to go and giles is up by 14.

SH has just turned the ball over on downs at about mid field and is down to 1 time out.

giles runs the flea flicker for the their last score.

padding stats and points doesn't impress anyone.

1st half 21-21. One of the most exciting first halfs of football i've seen in a long time. :thumb:

I guess when Spring Hill scored late against MP and even ran a fake on the extra point was just part of the game. They were up three scores at the time. Unbelievable!!!