White Station (DD #2) vs Whitehaven (DD #4)

kwc

HELLO: Are there any Ridgeway folks out there, that can give us some detailed info on this kid (#3)??

Here's some info in the CA included with the Offensive Player of the Week.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/20 ... etes-week/

I did hear he wasn't listed on their roster...only thing I can think of is he might be new to the school....?

If this is typical of his abilities, I imagine we'll all know hi pretty well in short order. :thumb:

Thanks for the info, SpartansFan.

That kid #3 - Jaylen Walton is only a SOPHOMORE! Wow --if he keeps up this kind of offensive production, then he's bound to set all sorts of records by the time he graduates.

-------------------------------------

Note: My daughter is a Senior @ Ridgeway. I asked her about this kid...She said that she does not know him or ever heard of him, either 'cause he just enrolled into RW this year or 'cause he was a Freshmen last year (Freshmen attend classes in an annex building, separate from all other grades). ...She did mention that RW's Freshmen football team was "very good" last year and that it's possible that he might have been on that team.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That kid #3 - Jaylen Walton is only a SOPHOMORE! Wow --if he keeps up this kind of offensive production, then he's bound to set all sorts of records by the time he graduates.

-------------------------------------

Note: My daughter is a Senior @ Ridgeway. I asked her about this kid...She said that she does not know him or ever heard of him, either 'cause he just enrolled into RW this year or 'cause he was a Freshmen last year (Freshmen attend classes in an annex building, separate from all other grades). ...She did mention that RW's Freshmen football team was "very good" last year and that it's possible that he might have been on that team.

It seems that we aren't the only people wondering who this young man is. I see that Jason Smith at the CA was wondering as well so he did an article on the young man. Link below:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/20 ... s-for-big/

Seems coach Brown @ RW calls him a Reggie Bush type of player with a little more power. Those are some strong words but WS isn't a push over defense. I'd be suspect if he put up such large numbers against a team like Memphis Central or Memphis Northside. But he put 3-2-5 on WS. He definately has my attention. Coach Brown said he runs outside and inside with the same effort ... that's commendable, since he's 160 lbs and only a sophomore.

Greetings from the Haven

WS did look uninspired playin RW... They won't play us that way so there's only so much that we can get out of that GRAINEY azz FILM they gave us... I feel that we must respect RW for for what they did as well as WS 4 winning, but we must treat these Spartans like some BOYS on the field!!! I mean totally try to embarass them... WS simply doesn't have the Big Dogs up front so with that being said we sould win by at least 14 off of our advantage on the line... If we come out with the proper Mentality today at practice and of course Friday we may just win by 21 plus points... Their QB is aaight and J.Burton can only do so much! their Defense doesn't have the MASS 2 get in a base defense and just play GAPS they have to Blitz and stunt and other things so I forsee Big plays for the Whitehaven Offense! Hopefully after this week and next week (vs. RW) the Haven will get it's proper RESPECT throughout this state which seems to be overly in love with the MIDDLE and EAST, but has no love for the WEST, especially that Southwestern corner that includes Shelby Co. and MEMPHIS, 10...

RESPECT DA HAVEN

Greetings from the Haven

WS did look uninspired playin RW... They won't play us that way so there's only so much that we can get out of that GRAINEY azz FILM they gave us... I feel that we must respect RW for for what they did as well as WS 4 winning, but we must treat these Spartans like some BOYS on the field!!! I mean totally try to embarass them... WS simply doesn't have the Big Dogs up front so with that being said we sould win by at least 14 off of our advantage on the line... If we come out with the proper Mentality today at practice and of course Friday we may just win by 21 plus points... Their QB is aaight and J.Burton can only do so much! their Defense doesn't have the MASS 2 get in a base defense and just play GAPS they have to Blitz and stunt and other things so I forsee Big plays for the Whitehaven Offense! Hopefully after this week and next week (vs. RW) the Haven will get it's proper RESPECT throughout this state which seems to be overly in love with the MIDDLE and EAST, but has no love for the WEST, especially that Southwestern corner that includes Shelby Co. and MEMPHIS, 10...

RESPECT DA HAVEN

Uninspired or not ... after a while ... when a RB is having the type of night against you that #3 did for RW ... you have got to ask yourself ... is the WS 'D' not playing up to par ... ALL NIGHT? ... or ... are we seeing the emrgence of a truely exceptional RB? If WS's 'D' played lackadasical all night even with this guy doing his impression of the "Road Runner" and the WS 'D' being "Wile E. Coyote", you have to wonder ... "Why would they not wake up and try to shut this guy down?" I think it may be a combination of both. He's special and uninspired/sleep walking defense. Even though I don't get the sleepwalking uninspired stuff.

I know that the WH front lines are massive, mobile, hostile, and DEEP. I agree ... if WS's front lines can't hang with WH's front lines, then it will be a long night for WS. That will remain to be seen though. WS has always played us tough in recent years. We beat them pretty good last year, but that was WS's 3rd game under the new coach. Then they went on a tear. I don't think it will be quite that simple. I hope it is ... but I don't see it. I have a greater respect for WS then that. They have proven to be winners. You don't underestimate that ... not by a long shot. I pray that the WH team has a healthy respect for WS's accomplishments and not come in cocky. It's one thing to have confidence. Arrogance, on the other hand, will get you beat.

As far as respect from the East part of the state. Until we win the whole enchilada ... it will remain like it is. That is the last thing to even to be thinking about. As a matter of fact ... I like being the underdog and underestimated. I hope the East contiues it's ways. We, the West part of TN High School Football, have not represented. We haven't earned the rest of the states respect. Talking about getting their respect at this stage of the season is pointless. Who cares what they think and how they rate us in the poles. Winning it all will take care of that. Anything else is just hot air.

Sorry it took so long from the respone, but after reviewing the film and talking to players from both schools it seems Walton's success was based more on his line's ability to carry out those plays than Walton or the Spatans' inefficiency to stop it. Not knocking either unit, but thats just what it seems. Didn't someone say Station returned 8 defensive starters? Well I thinl those exprienced players should've picked up on that play. While Walton is good, his 325 yard gain is not something you should expect on a week to week basis.

Though I have to say this about Ridgeway. How does one player dominate a defense and they still only score 21 points? I don't think the Spatrans wanted to live by the term Bend, but don't break, but hey what can ya do? Fred will have to have a big game through the air for the Haven to beat the Spartans. I know Trader doesn't think that highly of the Spartan's offense, but I do so in my opinion I think its

White Station 34, White Haven 27!

Sorry it took so long from the respone, but after reviewing the film and talking to players from both schools it seems Walton's success was based more on his line's ability to carry out those plays than Walton or the Spatans' inefficiency to stop it. Not knocking either unit, but thats just what it seems. Didn't someone say Station returned 8 defensive starters? Well I thinl those exprienced players should've picked up on that play. While Walton is good, his 325 yard gain is not something you should expect on a week to week basis.

Though I have to say this about Ridgeway. How does one player dominate a defense and they still only score 21 points? I don't think the Spatrans wanted to live by the term Bend, but don't break, but hey what can ya do? Fred will have to have a big game through the air for the Haven to beat the Spartans. I know Trader doesn't think that highly of the Spartan's offense, but I do so in my opinion I think its

Thanks for your response, JodyJoe

If my memory is working, Ridgeway's inability to score more than 21 pts was due in large part to their inefficiency in 3rd-down-conversions, especially the 3rd-&-longs. It is precisely those situations whereby RW's poor passing game came front and center, as they were not able to pass (or run) out of those those deep holes and keep the chains moving.

White Station's entire defense must play better vs WH, else WS is gonna' lose.

White Station's offense must be more proficient vs WH, than it was vs Ridgeway, else WS is gonna' lose.

The long a short of it is this: White Station must perform a whole lot better OVERALL, than they did last Friday nite...if they expect to defeat Whitehaven. Whitehaven is a much better team than Ridgeway and Briarcrest.

Agreed, but with a little more info on Walton. I believe he's supposed to be in the 11th grade since he spent a year or a portion at MUS. He played at Southwind last year and I have to say the Freshmen did a better job of containing him than White Station. Lol. Jaylon shouldn't be left one on one with a linebacker and not a foot race with DB, so White Station's front which all you guys have said is probably the weak point of that D.

Ok, folks-- it's time to put up or shut up! Let's lay it all on the line.

Please post your predicted SCORE, on this game?

-----------------------------------------------

JodyJoe says: WS 34 --- WH 27

I'm sticking with: WH 30 --- WS 20

21-10 Spartans :thumb:

Greetings from the Haven... Aint no way we won't score at least 3 TDs... 21-10 is absurd sir...

Whitehaven 30- WS-6

Respect Da Haven

Dang TraderB ... you are going to just come out like that huh? This is where the rubber meets the road. Ok ... let's see ...

JodyJoe says ................. WS 34 WH 27

TraderB says ................. WS 20 WH 30

Spartansfan says ............ WS 21 WH 10

Screamingeagle09 says .... WS 28 WH 21

Blackhavensenator says ... WS 6 WH 30

Hmmm ... now that's 3 for WS and 2 for WH. You already know I'm going for WH in this one so with no further ado .......... drum roll please!

WS 21 WH 28

There you have it.