Ooltewah-Soddy daisy

bipbopzot

Yeah but do you think that makes him want to play better. I don't see a point in pointnig on every bad game or play the QB has or has had. Why not" had a bad game last night but things will get better." Yes we are here to talk about football but why can't we do it in a up beat kind of way. Why can't we encourage the kids to win and do better? So what if they have a bad game, they are still winning and I think that is all that matters. WIN!!!!!!! Well I am ready for some more football this week. I say Owls win by 10 or so.

Because that's blind homerism - if a player has had like 20 bad games in his short career - what makes you think it will get much better next week?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again I heard about this defense last year now this year who put 35 to 0 can you say Oakland. You guys are about average team. You Owl fans don't know what you guys are talking about week to week I like to get on here and see you guys fighting with one another you can get a good laugh out of your thread.

You sir - are dumb. How many of those points were due to our bad offense (or Oakland's great defense) and our horrific special teams in that game? Oh wait - you didn't watch the game - so you probably wouldn't know.

I'll answer it for you though - most.

If you honestly are questioning Ooltewahs defense then your opinion is worth crap dealing with any subject - even outside football. Offense is bad though. Bad probably doesn't even describe it at this point - terrible would better suit it. We'll surely do a bit better on offense this week going against SD - but they'll be able to score if we give them the same opportunities like we did AE since they have a kicker.

I was there watching the game. Is your special team not the same a defense come on. I went to the game before the Oakland game also. You people kill me.

Lol - so you are an idiot - saying special teams is our defense.

Oh give me a break he HAS NOT had 20 bad games. But of course even if he had a GREAT game you would find something wrong with it. You know you do have to have a QB to win the game and I know he has contributed plenty of times to scoring touchdowns. Some of you guys just choose to look at everything bad about it. There are plenty of great passes out there that were dropped, missed, receiver missed the route or anything could have gone wrong. But not once do you say oh he had some great passes but our receivers just could not get the job done. But you know what that is ok, he will get the job done and every game you guys can come back on here and say he did something wrong. Because obviously you have a lot of remorse about something. He does what he needs to, to win the game. I think Ooltewah has a great program and some great talented athletes with great heads on their shoulders. I am so glad that they look past all the stupidity and play the game they know how to play. Even though half of you guys get on here would NEVER give them credit. There are only a select few that get on here and congratulate the boys on a job well done, the others get on here and point out everything negative. THEY ARE WINNING, can't we just give them that.

Oh give me a break he HAS NOT had 20 bad games. But of course even if he had a GREAT game you would find something wrong with it. You know you do have to have a QB to win the game and I know he has contributed plenty of times to scoring touchdowns. Some of you guys just choose to look at everything bad about it. There are plenty of great passes out there that were dropped, missed, receiver missed the route or anything could have gone wrong. But not once do you say oh he had some great passes but our receivers just could not get the job done. But you know what that is ok, he will get the job done and every game you guys can come back on here and say he did something wrong. Because obviously you have a lot of remorse about something. He does what he needs to, to win the game. I think Ooltewah has a great program and some great talented athletes with great heads on their shoulders. I am so glad that they look past all the stupidity and play the game they know how to play. Even though half of you guys get on here would NEVER give them credit. There are only a select few that get on here and congratulate the boys on a job well done, the others get on here and point out everything negative. THEY ARE WINNING, can't we just give them that.

Uh - pretty sure he's had quite a few. I do not recall any good or great games off the top of my head - most have either been average/fair (when he just managed the game well) or underwhelming.

And to the bolded part - give me a break - the defense and our RBs have done what they've needed to do to win the games the past few years. Our passing game has not been a threat - don't be so naive. I'm proud of what they've accomplished since Gatewood took over - but take off the goggles man.

You may think we're stupid or bad fans for questioning things - but atleast we aren't blind to the situation which I think is dumb - it's a message board - why should we need to pretend we're cheerleaders 24/7 on here? I'd rather discuss football than come on here and only post "Go Owls! Hootie Hoo! - You'll get em next time!" - how boring would that be? I love the Owls - and loved my time there - but it's laughable you question my fan-hood just because I don't choose to look at the glass half-full 100% of the time like some people.

Well of course because last year he did not get a chance to throw until it was 3rd and 20... Everyone saw that and then we he could not get the play off or get a pass completed because everyone knew what we were going to do. BUt you know whatever I guess you will continue to watch "Bad" games in your opinion at least for the rest of this year. You will never see anything good in it. Well at least in the QB spot.

He only had the chance to throw it on 3rd and 20 last year because Monroe knew we had no passing threat. If Reed can complete over 55% of his passes in a game this year and throw for 125-200ish yards then I will become his biggest fan. You act like I don't want him to succeed - I'd love for him to play well - but I don't see any reason why he would start now if he hasn't yet.

It will end when people realize that this is a team sport and not just ONE person playing on the field. It takes everyone on the field to make the offense and defense work. Its takes the defense to keep the other team from scoring in which they have done a great job. But it takes the O-line to block for the runners and QB so that they have TIME to do soemthing with the ball. It takes the receivers to catch the ball. It takes coaches to call the right plays. And it takes the fans to cheer them on no matter what goes on in the game. Not put them down every chance they get. Obviously the coaches see something in the QB or they would not have left him there for 3 years. I believe Benny knows what he is doing.

This is a PERFECT example of what i just said about you Red4.......through your entire rant you never once mentioned a BAD PASS by the QB whether it was over thrown, thrown behind, too high, too low, or in the stands!!!! You can only make so many excuses and now your out of them. I m not trying to degrade the QB but it s not evryones fault on the field but his and you really need to realize that like the rest of us do. I hope he does well but everybody in state knows Ooltewah does not pass thats why it s so hard to run the ball now because theres really not any imagination on the field with out a passing game. Oh by the way when you PANIC in 2 sec s after you ve got the ball doesnt mean you dont have time.....step up in the pocket and throw and take one for the team every once in a while.thats a TEAM player.

I think the QB has made some improvement over the 3 years but not nearly enough. His first year, he forced the issue which led to interceptions, over throws etc. Last year he did learn when to eat the ball and take the sack or turn it up the field. This year so far, he just seems slow on the trigger. With the current state of the O line he is not going to have 5-7 seconds to throw, but he generally has 3-5. As a third year starter, he just needs to process the play a lot faster. And no it is not all his fault. It is a team game. The line has to block, the receivers need to get open and catch the ball. A moderate passing game will do wonders for the running game which will in turn do wonders for the passing game and maybe just maybe we will not have the D on the field the whole game with their backs against the wall.

Go Owls. Looking forward as always to Friday night.

Yeah but how can anyone ever learn to throw in those situations if they only time you got to throw was when it was 3rd and 20. Yeah sure practice but we all know that is totally different than actual game situations. But whatever there is no sense in arguing with you or anyone else about it. You will never see that good becuase you cannot see past the bad. LETS GO OWLS>.. KICK SOME BUTT THIS WEEK. Show them what you are made of.

Yeah but how can anyone ever learn to throw in those situations if they only time you got to throw was when it was 3rd and 20. Yeah sure practice but we all know that is totally different than actual game situations. But whatever there is no sense in arguing with you or anyone else about it. You will never see that good becuase you cannot see past the bad. LETS GO OWLS>.. KICK SOME BUTT THIS WEEK. Show them what you are made of.

I agree let's kick butt and take names. Just wish someone from Soddy or our other opponets would join these threads so we don't have to argue with each other. It's pitiful that we are only on our 4th page about the first game in the region and one of the better rivalries (sp).

What do you have Soddy. I know you are 1 and 1, but what has worked for you and what hasn't?

Go Owls

HornedOwl, 2 good posts in a row.

I have been impressed with Brady's decision making on what to do with the ball when he decides on what to do with the ball so far. Would I like to see better stats from him? Yes, as would just about everyone else, but the one stat that is important right now is 2 and 0. His stats, as long as he continues to make good decisions with the ball and the o-line gels and improves, will come. I have seen many an Owl QB in my 25+ years of being around the program, and Brady Reed is far from the worst one that we have had by a long shot

HornedOwl, 2 good posts in a row.

I have been impressed with Brady's decision making on what to do with the ball when he decides on what to do with the ball so far. Would I like to see better stats from him? Yes, as would just about everyone else, but the one stat that is important right now is 2 and 0. His stats, as long as he continues to make good decisions with the ball and the o-line gels and improves, will come. I have seen many an Owl QB in my 25+ years of being around the program, and Brady Reed is far from the worst one that we have had by a long shot

But how does he rank since we actually had a good/competitive program? Because we've some baaad teams in 25+ years.

I'm not sure what decision making you're speaking of - I do think he makes good decisions to run at times - but haven't seen much when he's in the pocket.

That zero in the second column will not stay there very long if we continue to have such poor play in the passing game. Our running game isn't as good this year - and we definitely won't be going far in the playoffs without some improvement. I am not partial at all to the wins/losses arguments since its so early in the season. Looks at our first two opponents. Our schedule is fairly easy overall this year though. We will get embarrassed just like last year in the playoffs without some changes when we actually run into a legit big program. But hey - if we can scrape by every game and march through the playoffs with that type of strategy - then so be it - I don't see that happening though.