Kenwood beats Henry County Again

fastcat

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain to me why that when the score is 46-6 and every senior on the football team does not get to play. I understand that winning is important, but you know I noticed two things in this game tonight. 1. that we had a player hurt and kenwood players took a knee when our own players did not. 2. the score was 46-6 and there were players on the side line that did not get to play. Have we gotten to the point were winning is more important than the kids, because it sure felt like it tonight. Don't get me wrong. I love to win as much as the next guy and lord knows I love Big Red Football, but why not let those that can't start the game or score a touchdown, play two - three plays a game. It looked sad as some 30 or more players stood on the side line as younger players were aloud to go in the game. Don't they get to play in the freshman games? Keep winning your games as the kids stand on the side line, who I know practice as much as the starters, stand there waiting to go in as they never do, because winning is far more important than letting these kids play. Come on Henry county 46-6? and not everyone play? :thumb:

Oh by the way see you later fastcat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flower: johnwayne out.

Can someone explain to me why that when the score is 46-6 and every senior on the football team does not get to play. I understand that winning is important, but you know I noticed two things in this game tonight. 1. that we had a player hurt and kenwood players took a knee when our own players did not. 2. the score was 46-6 and there were players on the side line that did not get to play. Have we gotten to the point were winning is more important than the kids, because it sure felt like it tonight. Don't get me wrong. I love to win as much as the next guy and lord knows I love Big Red Football, but why not let those that can't start the game or score a touchdown, play two - three plays a game. It looked sad as some 30 or more players stood on the side line as younger players were aloud to go in the game. Don't they get to play in the freshman games? Keep winning your games as the kids stand on the side line, who I know practice as much as the starters, stand there waiting to go in as they never do, because winning is far more important than letting these kids play. Come on Henry county 46-6? and not everyone play? 8-)

Oh by the way see you later fastcat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o johnwayne out.

I can provide you a few POSSIBLE answers but the coaching staff here would be the only ones to know for sure how to specificlly answer your question. When I coached we put players into a game based on where they were on the depth chart, and not with respect to what class they were in. We also rewarded those guys who were on the scout teams in practice, as opposed to the guys who weren't, once again without any regard to their class. We always would rather play the guys in a blow out win who were on the scout teams, than try to get everyone into the game. A problem that this staff has that we never had on my teams is that have 90-100 players. We never had over 65.

Can someone explain to me why that when the score is 46-6 and every senior on the football team does not get to play. I understand that winning is important, but you know I noticed two things in this game tonight. 1. that we had a player hurt and kenwood players took a knee when our own players did not. 2. the score was 46-6 and there were players on the side line that did not get to play. Have we gotten to the point were winning is more important than the kids, because it sure felt like it tonight. Don't get me wrong. I love to win as much as the next guy and lord knows I love Big Red Football, but why not let those that can't start the game or score a touchdown, play two - three plays a game. It looked sad as some 30 or more players stood on the side line as younger players were aloud to go in the game. Don't they get to play in the freshman games? Keep winning your games as the kids stand on the side line, who I know practice as much as the starters, stand there waiting to go in as they never do, because winning is far more important than letting these kids play. Come on Henry county 46-6? and not everyone play? :thumb:

Oh by the way see you later fastcat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :| johnwayne out.

The same reason Tennessee is up 56-7 and still has mostly first teamers in the game. It's a smart move to get the guys who will have to play some much needed game experience especially early in the season. Ask Coach Kiffin. Henry County has more players on the team than Tennessee does so it will be even more difficult for HC.