PAGE vs LEWIS CO.

PistPatriot

I never say Page is favored but my experience with the other 4a schools in this region is that you have to be ready every week and expectations are high. We lost a ton of experience, but Daniels always plays a tough preseason to help prepare for the Region run. One year we played 7...yes 7 playoff teams and that was with a young team then.

LC will learn that part if they want to compete. LC would need to trounce the Patriots pretty good for me to think they will compete. Please note that there are several teams that are young.....Spring Hill and Giles have more back than anyone.

We are small but a little slow.........spread out offense is hard to contain for 4 qtrs. Daniels will throw the ball from anywhere on the field and at any time....even though some "pundits" think otherwise. Depth is always a factor with these teams.

LC always has a lot of size and the only way I can compare them to anyone we have played is Fairview.

Sure hope your Defensive line is prepared to stay in their stance most of the time they are lined up. It will be a LONG night for them

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure thought there were a lot more Lewis Co fans on coacht. Where are they?

I think some of the picks by folks that say Page by so much are a little out of reach I look for a 30-14 game or 30-21.

Where will the officials for the LC originate from? I hope it is not from the Fayetteville area. Those guys are 65-75 yrs old and have lung trouble and all of them wear bifocals.

I never say Page is favored but my experience with the other 4a schools in this region is that you have to be ready every week and expectations are high. We lost a ton of experience, but Daniels always plays a tough preseason to help prepare for the Region run. One year we played 7...yes 7 playoff teams and that was with a young team then.

LC will learn that part if they want to compete. LC would need to trounce the Patriots pretty good for me to think they will compete. Please note that there are several teams that are young.....Spring Hill and Giles have more back than anyone.

We are small but a little slow.........spread out offense is hard to contain for 4 qtrs. Daniels will throw the ball from anywhere on the field and at any time....even though some "pundits" think otherwise. Depth is always a factor with these teams.

LC always has a lot of size and the only way I can compare them to anyone we have played is Fairview.

Sure hope your Defensive line is prepared to stay in their stance most of the time they are lined up. It will be a LONG night for them

FYI......this year Lewis is playing 8 playoff teams with a young team. They scrimmaged Lexington and Columbia central also. They are getting the experience thats for sure! In two years they should be up to speed, but by then TSSAA will have another idea for everyone. BTW the only 2 that they are playing this year that didn't make is Springhill and East Hickman. Hickman and Lewis took big hits in graduation. This group does play hard, no matter the score. No doubt Page is a heavy favorite.

Yeah I have to agree with all the posters on this one maybe in a year or two Lewis is in a spot where they can compte with the other teams in this region but right now I think its:

1 Giles (solid football team plays hard playmaker/winner at quaterback)

2 Marshall (Coach Thomas has dont a great job in getting the players to play for him)

3 Page tie (lost alot from last years squad but has Coach Daniel and the fun and gun offense)

3 Spring Hill (look out I think they are started in the right direction)

5 Fairview (solid football team good little player at quarterback over match in this region

6 Lewis (rebuilding year gonna take a few lumps)

7 East Hickman (better than they have been but too much talent in this region)

Pretty much agree with your listing order. I seen you missed Hickman, they are in about the same shape as Lewis. This is going to be a tough year for both. I understand last week Lewis didn't even have a senior starting in the offensive backfield, 2 sophmores and 2 Juniors. Alot of work for Lewis and Hickman. They will take some lumps this year, thats for sure. Giles is the team to beat in this district.......should know more about Springhill after this week. I think all 4 Giles, Marshall, Springhill and Page will finish in the top.....Fairview and then the rest in which order I couldn't guess. Course East has a test this week which should tell us more about Fairview and East.

Was he injured? Did he start the first game?

No from what I understand they felt the 2 jrs. and 2 sophs were they way they wanted to go. Yea he started the first..don't know what changed. He played corner and halfback in the first. Still think the coaches are looking for the combo they feel can win. I seen that kid play in person...really don't understand why he wasn't in there...but the coaches have their reasons.

Thanks for the info. Do you know who will be starting at QB this week? Hated to see them change QB in the middle of the drive last week. It appeared to me they were moving the ball and then changed QB and fumbled. Anyone could have fumbled on that play, just not sure why they changed in the middle of the drive when everything was going smooth.