Bearden at William Blount

GovMan

Well, I guess it's time to talk about this week's game. Lots of questions to be answered ... is Bearden one of the upper-echelon teams in the region? Off to a 2-0 start, but not against the strongest competition. Can William Blount be competitive at all in the region? Loss to a pretty decent Sevier County team ... one point "miracle" win over Karns.

Blount's offense is showing marked improvement. Coach Gregory has installed a fun system to watch. Lots of speed ... o line is playing strong ... qb Zach Witt is a great fit for the offense, great runner, solid passer. Matt Hassenstaub is special ... a threat anytime he touches the ball. Josh Burton is a solid, fast, big pass catching fullback. Still battling some turn-over problems. Defensively, if we can't figure out somehow to stop the pass, it's going to be a long, long season. Easy to point toward the secondary, but we also gave Karn's qb forever to stand back there and pick us apart--by the way, the Boden kid, Karns qb, is one of the better qbs I've had the pleasure to watch. Need to get a better rush going on somehow. Probably gonna have to get a little risky and take some chances with some blitzes. Our special teams have been excellent, with the only blips in two games being a missed xp and a snap over the punter's head that resulted in giving Karns the ball deep in our territory

So tell me about the Bulldogs, Bearden fans. I've heard about your rb. Hear he might be as good as any we'll face this season?? What are you strengths? What do you still need to work on?

Looking forward to hosting a great game this Friday!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the govs played and excellent game last week. I miss coming and watching the govs play. It really sucks that I had to move away. One kid I've not heard a lot about that i watched all through middle school is Josh Brown. He was a very good defensive linemen in middle school and had a lot of potential. I heard he transferred out of state but not sure if thats true. But good luck rest of the season govs. I hope I will get to come watch you play soon.

Josh Brown moved to Kentucky after the Oak Ridge game last season. He is a great football player and an even better guy. It's a shame that he left, because he's missed on the field and off. I could go on and on about Josh and how much fun he was, not to mention the very good football player that he was becoming.

Hello GovMan and Gov Fans

GovMan ... I think your summation of the upcoming game is dead on.... We need to develope a better pass defense but I think Bearden will be more inclined to tote the rock than the two teams we have played so far.. I think they still run the pistol offense that is usually more balanced than the spread.

I read in prep extra that Bearden's Davis Tull is out for the season. This will be a big loss for the Bulldogs because he was reported to be a great player on both sides of the ball. Everyone should keep him in their prayers and I wish him a quick and complete recovery.

The bad news in Blount County right now is that the "plague" seems to be rearing its ugly head in in the area schools. I don't know if its the flu or just a virus of some other sort but maybe we can get through it without the whole student populations getting sick. Back when I helped with youth football I could always count on getting some disease when the kids got back in school. I'm sure that anything you catch from a kid is twice as bad from something you catch from adults........... :thumb:

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Wow...

Talk about an exciting thread... Bearden fans and most William Blount fans seem to have lost their pc's...

Well... I mentioned earlier that some disease was going around.... My son came down with it today.. He told me he ached , had a sore throat and a terrible headache... The good news is we took him to the doctor and he didn't test positive for flu. I was feeling lethargic this morning and now I have a sore throat and throbbing headache... Don't know about the body ache due to the fact that as I get older I seem to hurt all the time..... :thumb:

Wake up Gov fans and Bulldog fans... This game will be an annual event with the new regions a classifications.... Lets talk about it...... :roflolk:

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Wow...

Talk about an exciting thread... Bearden fans and most William Blount fans seem to have lost their pc's...

Well... I mentioned earlier that some disease was going around.... My son came down with it today.. He told me he ached , had a sore throat and a terrible headache... The good news is we took him to the doctor and he didn't test positive for flu. I was feeling lethargic this morning and now I have a sore throat and throbbing headache... Don't know about the body ache due to the fact that as I get older I seem to hurt all the time..... :thumb:

Wake up Gov fans and Bulldog fans... This game will be an annual event with the new regions a classifications.... Lets talk about it...... :roflolk:

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Word up Tpoole?

Wow...

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Word up Tpoole?

Wattsup.......

How you doing bladerunner? I've noticed you haven't lost your touch with the Alcoa/Maryville crowd.. Things have been in a turmoil since last spring for us... Meadows said he wanted to come back... We let him.... He cut a trail to Catholic and left us without a Coach just as school was ending... To add insult to injury he had already had spring practice so our new coach had to wait before starting to put his system in place... The good news is Coach Gregory has got them up and running... It was a big learning curve for the players but they seem to have adjusted... Turnovers killed us at Sevier County... Their QB had his way with us also but I feel like they improved from week zero to week one.. I hope to see more improvement weekly as the season progressess..

I hope the Oakridge faithfull are Happy with your new coach... I've heard he is a great coach that demands discipline from his players... I think thats half of the battle for any program...

I'll miss our yearly meeting but I must say I won't miss the travel we endured with the old region.. It's along way to Ooltewah and you can't get to Soddy Daisy from anywhere....

Good Luck

tpoole12

GO GOVS

It seems obvious to me that Bearden is going to be tough for William Blount to handle. The Bulldogs' passing game should be substantially improved over a year ago, even with the unfortunate loss of WR Davis Tull. And while, normally, I wouldn't consider Bearden's offense one that forces the opposition to pick its poison (at least, not yet), given the Governors defensive achilles playing the pass ...

Of course, if Bearden has another 100+ yards in penalties William Blount's chances are greatly enhanced. I'm curious to see this new William Blount offense and wish the Governors a successful 2009. After the off-season they endured, they especially deserve it.

I'm curious to see this new William Blount offense and wish the Governors a successful 2009. After the off-season they endured, they especially deserve it.

Thanks Cletus

It's not been boring to say the least. I thought there would be a little more talk about this game. Maybe everyone is under a gag order but us....................... :popcorneater:

tpoole12

GO GOVS

I'm curious to see this new William Blount offense and wish the Governors a successful 2009. After the off-season they endured, they especially deserve it.

Thanks Cletus

It's not been boring to say the least. I thought there would be a little more talk about this game. Maybe everyone is under a gag order but us....................... :thumb:

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Where are all yourr homeys at tpoole? Go GOVS!

Well, I guess it's time to talk about this week's game. Lots of questions to be answered ... is Bearden one of the upper-echelon teams in the region? Off to a 2-0 start, but not against the strongest competition. Can William Blount be competitive at all in the region? Loss to a pretty decent Sevier County team ... one point "miracle" win over Karns.

Blount's offense is showing marked improvement. Coach Gregory has installed a fun system to watch. Lots of speed ... o line is playing strong ... qb Zach Witt is a great fit for the offense, great runner, solid passer. Matt Hassenstaub is special ... a threat anytime he touches the ball. Josh Burton is a solid, fast, big pass catching fullback. Still battling some turn-over problems. Defensively, if we can't figure out somehow to stop the pass, it's going to be a long, long season. Easy to point toward the secondary, but we also gave Karn's qb forever to stand back there and pick us apart--by the way, the Boden kid, Karns qb, is one of the better qbs I've had the pleasure to watch. Need to get a better rush going on somehow. Probably gonna have to get a little risky and take some chances with some blitzes. Our special teams have been excellent, with the only blips in two games being a missed xp and a snap over the punter's head that resulted in giving Karns the ball deep in our territory

So tell me about the Bulldogs, Bearden fans. I've heard about your rb. Hear he might be as good as any we'll face this season?? What are you strengths? What do you still need to work on?

Looking forward to hosting a great game this Friday!

The Bearden defense is outstanding...WB will have a hard time scoring IMO.....the Bearden offense has #33 who was just offered by Stanford today as a JR....He is the real deal and most explosive player in TN regardless of class IMO...If WB can contain him...they have a chance...but after getting the offer from the Pac-10 I would expect him to be on cloud 9 and really give it to WB. And if you try and stop the run...Bearden will hurt you through the air as they have a QB who can make plays.......and is way more efficient than the QB they had last year.......

the Bearden offense has #33 who was just offered by Stanford today as a JR....He is the real deal and most explosive player in TN regardless of class IMO

He's a talented Young man, no doubt. But "most explosive player in TN" is some serious hyperbole. Is there a high school Heisman campaign underway?!