Waverly Vs. Creek Wood

crazytrain

Waverly (1-1) travels to Creek Wood (1-1) this week for both teams opening district 11aa games..

Waverly lost to hickman county in overtime and beat houston county Creek Wood lost to Dickson County and beat greenbrier.

I have Cw winning this game easy just bigger faster and stronger. With a very good offense, and a much improved deffense. But who knows in football.

Any thoughts predictions..?

Michael Purcell probably won't play all year. As far as Creek Wood winning in a blow out..... Why shouldn't they? They are a class higher than Waverly. But one thing I've learned in my long life, you still have to play the games and "Anyone can beat anyone on any given night." Don't count out the Tigers. Don't look at scores of other games, can't judge by that. You can't tell anything about Waverly or Hickman County by their week 0 game. There were a lot of turnovers and mistakes made by both. Waverly, I think will be competitive, but there again, only my opinion. I'm still rooting for a Tiger victory. Play hard guys, don't let up. Let's play the game and see. I'll be there calling it all on wqmv1060.com.

Coach Graves does a great job. Waverly should feel fortunate to have him. His teams play hard. I have watched and coached against his teams ever since his Waverly Junior High days. I have a lot of respect for him and his efforts. He is also an even better person. :thumb:

NO doubt. You are exactly right. We are so lucky to have him and he not only is a great coach, he is a great man, and with no doubt in my mind, has a genuine care for his kids. I wish that all coaches were as good with their players as he is.

Hey papatiger.....e-mail me at joey.jackson17@gmail.com and I'll send you my phone number so well can set up a time to exchange district scores on Friday night at halftime during our games. OutofBounds is already on board and he'll be giving me the score from the Harpeth-Camden game and I'll be at the Cheatham-Stewart game. It would be great to be able to keep in touch all season long as district play continues and to get scores out to one another every Friday night.

Papatiger is right about Michael. He probably won't be able to play this football this year. During baseball season, in fact the weekend before the Harpeth game, he bruised/injured a nerve in his back. This nerve problem created a "dead leg" that he hasn't completely recovered from. He is getting better, which is a good sign, and seems to be about "80%" on that one leg. So he is working out, supporting the football team by doing a little filming, and cheering them on. Thanks for the concern and kind comments.

Hopefully the Tigers will be able to build on the game last week as their young players gain more experience with every snap.