Does Loudon finally get some respect?

flyingblind

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After battling the #1 team in the state, all classes, for 4 hard quarters does Loudon finally get some well earned respect? Alcoa is still the best till somebody beats them, but anybody who saw the game has to agree that Loudon has the players to be a top team this year. Any agree, disagree, or comments.

I listened to the game and from what I heard, Loudon will get much respect. I can't wait until we do it again. Good luck on the rest of the season :thumb:

no.

Steve, you must not know much about high school football. Loudon gave Alcoa a great game. The Redskins have a very strong team. Loudon has been one of Alcoa's toughest games over the years and the 2 teams will probably meet again come November...

Note to AHS2010:

You're talking to a CAK fan possibly still bitter about losing to Loudon in 2008. Loudon plays at CAK on September 18. Should be a good matchup again this year.

Loudon is a good football team and deserves respect anytime they are on the field. However, I was shocked at the condition of the visitors locker room last night. The floor was covered in places with about an inch of standing brackish water and the room smelled strongly of mold. The Alcoa could not use the locker room and had to dress outside. Surely this was not an intenional act by the Loudon program. if not, the school's maintenance and janitorial staff should be fired. You always clean up your house before guests arrive.

I also understand that staff infections are running rampant within the Loudon program. Rumor is they had several players out last night with infections. Makes good sense if their home locker room is as filithy as the visitors locker room. What is the problem there? Are Loudon County schools so broke they cannot afford to maintain their facilities?

Loudon played hard against alcoa and still came up short. hopefully teams will be giving loudon a lot more respect for the rest of the season though. IMO, alcoa is still the best team in the state and will stay that way until someone beats them. looking forward to seeing the F-5 in the playoffs :oops:

and no players from loudon have had a staph infection this year..

no.

Steve, you must not know much about high school football. Loudon gave Alcoa a great game. The Redskins have a very strong team. Loudon has been one of Alcoa's toughest games over the years and the 2 teams will probably meet again come November...

Note to AHS2010:

You're talking to a CAK fan possibly still bitter about losing to Loudon in 2008. Loudon plays at CAK on September 18. Should be a good matchup again this year.

ha. thanks. i was just kidding with you guys, seeing your reaction :thumb: . I do think loudon is a much improved team and has to be respected as teams prepare for their games against loudon. but ChaunceyGardiner if we are going to bring up past games, why not mention that cak played a great game in the 2nd round of the 2008 playoffs at alcoa scoring 14 points (the only touchdowns to be scored at alcoa in 2008 to that point) and holding alcoa to 28... respect??

ha. thanks. i was just kidding with you guys, seeing your reaction :thumb: . I do think loudon is a much improved team and has to be respected as teams prepare for their games against loudon. but ChaunceyGardiner if we are going to bring up past games, why not mention that cak played a great game in the 2nd round of the 2008 playoffs at alcoa scoring 14 points (the only touchdowns to be scored at alcoa in 2008 to that point) and holding alcoa to 28... respect??

Actually, I have lots of respect for the CAK football program, particularly in the way it plays against Alcoa. In the Alcoa-CAK games of the past few years, CAK has performed better than many of the higher ranked teams Alcoa has played in semifinal and championship games. Plus, the games have been cleanly played, without the nastiness you often see in other longtime district rivalries. I get the feeling sometimes, though, that if CAK played with the same focus against some of the other teams on its schedule as it does against Alcoa, its won-loss record might be better.

The intent of my post was to point out to AHS2010 a possible reason you succinctly answered "No" to the original question. I certainly wasn't trying to avoid discussing Alcoa-CAK games of the past. I didn't think they were relevant to the discussion of whether or not Loudon should get respect. If you want to discuss Alcoa-CAK, please start a separate thread on that topic. I'm sure it will get some reaction.

Anybody that has played Louden in the past several years can't help but respect them. I really believe if Alcoa wasn't in the mix, that maybe one or two of those gold balls that are in their trophy case would be at Louden or CAK. Again anybody who dosen't respect them haven't played them, I'm just glad my alma mater finally got out of that district.

Anybody that has played Louden in the past several years can't help but respect them. I really believe if Alcoa wasn't in the mix, that maybe one or two of those gold balls that are in their trophy case would be at Louden or CAK. Again anybody who dosen't respect them haven't played them, I'm just glad my alma mater finally got out of that district.

I'll have to disagree on the gold balls going to Loudon or CAK. During Alcoa's 5 year championship run, they have played Huntingdon, Goodpasture (3 times), and Milan in the finals. I doubt that the best Loudon or CAK team in the years 2004-2008 could have won a matchup against any of the 5 runnerups (in 2004, it's a moot point because Loudon and CAK were not in Alcoa's classification).

Alcoa beat Huntingdon in 2004 only because it was able to score more than the 41 points Huntingdon scored. CAK was in Class A in 2004 and Loudon was 2-8 in Class AAA in 2004.

The three years Alcoa beat Goodpasture in the finals, the primary reason was the tremendous difference in speed between the two teams and Alcoa's playmakers (Dustin Lindsey, Joie Fiegler, Logan Love, Rae Sykes, Kyrus Lanxter, Bart Hicks, Chris Shiverdecker, Randall Cobb, Sam Thompson, Troy Hodge, Tyler Robinson, and many others). This list doesn't include Brandon Warren, who missed the 2005 championship game. All three of Goodpasture's teams had excellent size, line play, a large number of interchangeable running backs, and a tough and physical but slow defense. Neither Loudon nor CAK had gamebreakers like Alcoa's in the 2005-2008 time frame. Goodpasture generally won their games by running a few Wing T plays over and over again using always fresh running backs behind that big line and completely wearing down the opponent.

Alcoa beat Goodpasture 55-13 in 2005.

Alcoa vs CAK in 2005 - 56-7 and 49-14

Alcoa vs Loudon in 2005 - 28-0 and 26-0

Loudon lost only to Alcoa in 2005, but I believe Goodpasture's size and superior depth would have made the difference. Loudon did not have a good enough offense to outscore Goodpasture.

CAK would not have been able to physically line up against Goodpasture in 2005.

Alcoa beat Goodpasture 31-3 in 2006. A couple of early turnovers gave Alcoa a quick double digit lead, and Goodpasture was never able to overcome the shock. Kyrus Lanxter had an outstanding game.

Alcoa vs CAK in 2006 - 42-0 and 50-7

Alcoa vs Loudon in 2006 - 63-14

Loudon was eliminated from the playoffs 38-14 by Sweetwater.

No more analysis is needed.

Alcoa beat Goodpasture 35-3 in 2007. Randall Cobb gave a preview of the player he would later become at Kentucky. Goodpasture had no answer for him. Alcoa's team played almost a perfect game that night.

Alcoa vs CAK in 2007 - 38-21 and 56-21

Alcoa vs Loudon in 2007 - 42-6

CAK beat Loudon twice, 38-21 and 23-0.

The 2007 team is probably CAK's best during this stretch and was probably best equipped of any of the 2005-2008 Loudon and CAK teams to win a state championship if Alcoa were not in the way. Still, in the three games they lost, they gave up 42 points to Webb and 38 and 56 to Alcoa. I believe Goodpasture would have turned loose their power running game (as Webb did versus CAK) and greatly limited the number of plays CAK's offense would have had the ball.

Alcoa beat Milan 28-14 in 2008. Other than several of Maryville's teams and Fulton's 3A state champions of 2006, Milan of 2008 is the most physically imposing team Alcoa played during their 5 year championship run. Neither CAK nor Loudon would have stood a chance against the combination of size and speed Milan put on the field. Alcoa's defensive effort in the Milan game is one of the best ever produced by an Alcoa team.

Alcoa beat CAK twice, 28-7 and 28-14. CAK played very well in both games. However, it was only 7-3 in other games that season, including losses to Boyd Buchanan, Loudon, and Webb.

Alcoa beat Loudon twice, 37-0 and 34-0. Included in Loudon's 8-5 record was a loss to Class A Greenback.

I can't see either of those teams running the table and beating a true powerhouse Milan team.

In summary, only the 2005 Loudon team and the 2007 CAK team were good enough to make a serious run at the championship. Having seen those teams and the Goodpasture teams of 2005 and 2007 teams play in person, I would have picked Goodpasture to beat Loudon in 2005 and Goodpasture to beat CAK in 2007. Of course, all of this is just my opinion. However, I find it very hard to believe the Class AA gold balls would have gone anywhere besides Goodpasture in 2005-2007 and Milan in 2008.

That is a pretty accurate analysis of the past few years.However, I think Loudon was the second best team in the state in 2005.Even though Alcoa shut us out twice we still averaged 33 points a game.Goodpasture gave up 55 to Alcoa and having watched that game I feel Loudon could have beaten them.Anyway, just my opinion.