Sullivan South v. Gate City, VA

jhilts

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legion Field is a special place to play and watch a game....the GC faithful really turn out to support their team and completely fill up their home side and 1/3 or more on the visitor side. I HIGHLY suggest that South fans get there very early to get a seat. We need to be loud and proud and support the Rebs!! If the guys play a game like the one at Boone this past Friday we will leave GC with a loss. I am very worried that the running game, with the exception of the QB, has not been very productive. St. Clair cannot possibly keep that pace up without being injured at some point. I heard chatter around the fence at Boone about Cassell....anyone have any news they can possibly share? Jhilts I think it was you that alluded to this in another thread....the boys did seem very uptight Friday and seemed to be pressing. They just need to come out and play....when they want to they are near impossible to stop on offense. It goes without saying that we must elimante the turnovers and minimize the mistakes as well....hoping we got that out of our system this past Friday. Gate City's bread and butter is the running game....we must stop the run first or they will run it, run it, run it, run it and keep our O off the field. I have tons of repect for GC. I have faith that Stacy and staff will have our guys ready!! Let's please not turn this post into a DB thread....they don't come onto the schedule for a few weeks and should not have our attention til then. It has been a very emotional past couple of weeks and I know everyone has been dealing with the loss of Jake their on way. I did not know him....however knowing that he was a follower of Jesus Christ said it all for me. I hope that we can hear from some other Reb posters like Volman, crawdad, etc. I have missed reading what you all have to say and hope that everyone is doing OK.

GO REBELS!!!!

We ain't scared. After years of DB ducking Gate City, South comes calling. Gate Cities record is impressive. See here:

http://www.scott.k12.va.us/gchsfootball/

A new coach, a great tradition and a never give up attitude will make this another great test.

Hope they got plenty of seats for the South faithful.

Dude, you're all screwed up if you believe that. I tell you what, after your two year schedule with South, lets pick up a game and start playing each other on a regular basis. That is, if you don't mind getting beat every time. Did you see what we did to Central Friday night? That's what you would get every time. Is that what you really want. I remember a few years ago we came to Gate City for a scrimmage and i heard it was aweful. We beat you guys so bad, thats the reason we don't play. And you know what, you guys won the State title that year. What does that tell you?So lets get our facts straight before we develop diahrea of the mouth. You all have a good program that is rich in tradition but don't think for one minute you could compete withus. And also don't judge what South is going to do to you this week as a guage for what we have. We will be glad to spank that butt in a couple years if you think that's what you want. Let's make this happen!!! I'm tired of this talk for the last several years.Roll Tribe Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legion Field is a special place to play and watch a game....the GC faithful really turn out to support their team and completely fill up their home side and 1/3 or more on the visitor side. I HIGHLY suggest that South fans get there very early to get a seat. We need to be loud and proud and support the Rebs!! If the guys play a game like the one at Boone this past Friday we will leave GC with a loss. I am very worried that the running game, with the exception of the QB, has not been very productive. St. Clair cannot possibly keep that pace up without being injured at some point. I heard chatter around the fence at Boone about Cassell....anyone have any news they can possibly share? Jhilts I think it was you that alluded to this in another thread....the boys did seem very uptight Friday and seemed to be pressing. They just need to come out and play....when they want to they are near impossible to stop on offense. It goes without saying that we must elimante the turnovers and minimize the mistakes as well....hoping we got that out of our system this past Friday. Gate City's bread and butter is the running game....we must stop the run first or they will run it, run it, run it, run it and keep our O off the field. I have tons of repect for GC. I have faith that Stacy and staff will have our guys ready!! Let's please not turn this post into a DB thread....they don't come onto the schedule for a few weeks and should not have our attention til then. It has been a very emotional past couple of weeks and I know everyone has been dealing with the loss of Jake their on way. I did not know him....however knowing that he was a follower of Jesus Christ said it all for me. I hope that we can hear from some other Reb posters like Volman, crawdad, etc. I have missed reading what you all have to say and hope that everyone is doing OK.

GO REBELS!!!!

83rebel,you're right if South don't get some more people envolved with the running game its going to catch up with us.St.Claire is going to get hurt if we have to keep depending on him so much.I still feel that Bobby will step up his game.As for Cassell I was told friday after the game he will start practicing monday,I don't know if they intend to use him against Gate City or not..I guess its all in how he does this week in practice with his hammy.I do know when him and Bobby are in the backfield together they can light it up.I do know that Stacy was mighty upset with the way we played friday night and it will be a rough week of practice.But come friday Gate City will pay!!!!!

We ain't scared. After years of DB ducking Gate City, South comes calling. Gate Cities record is impressive. See here:

http://www.scott.k12.va.us/gchsfootball/

A new coach, a great tradition and a never give up attitude will make this another great test.

Hope they got plenty of seats for the South faithful.

I don't think DB is at all afraid of Gate City...What I do recall is a few years ago they scrimmaged and they had to call it early...because so many of Gate City players were getting hurt.But if they picked up South thinking they are going lighter.....well they should've stuck with DB. :oops:

Dude, you're all screwed up if you believe that. I tell you what, after your two year schedule with South, lets pick up a game and start playing each other on a regular basis. That is, if you don't mind getting beat every time. Did you see what we did to Central Friday night? That's what you would get every time. Is that what you really want. I remember a few years ago we came to Gate City for a scrimmage and i heard it was aweful. We beat you guys so bad, thats the reason we don't play. And you know what, you guys won the State title that year. What does that tell you?So lets get our facts straight before we develop diahrea of the mouth. You all have a good program that is rich in tradition but don't think for one minute you could compete withus. And also don't judge what South is going to do to you this week as a guage for what we have. We will be glad to spank that butt in a couple years if you think that's what you want. Let's make this happen!!! I'm tired of this talk for the last several years.Roll Tribe Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well "Dude", I am a South fan all the way. Went to DB and I know that in the 70's, 80's and 90's DB would not play Gate City. It was a no win situation for DB. I understand. Whatever!

Yes, the team at this time does not need "quiet focus" before the game. I suggest some rap from the seniors on the bus over. Have some fun.

They are keying on BT. That opens holes for the delayed "Tebow" running of St. Clair. OK so far, but can not last. Also playing 6 or 7 players, both ways the entire game can not last. The powers that be know this and if I were a player, I would be getting plenty of rest today.

I love coming to this board and reading sometimes, but some of this bs is hilarious. First of all, GC plays EVERYONE in scrimmages. "They won state that year, what does that tell you". It tells me that we have trophies in our case that were won on the field. I don't need to defend our record, or who we've played. For the person saying we would get what Central got last Friday night, if you're comparing GC's football program to Central you're an absolute idiot.

First of all, we don't have 1900 students. We have 680 (give or take). We have 50+ kids on our team that will play 110% EVERY Friday night. Gate City has never ducked Dobyns-Bennett or anyone else. Take a look at our schedule this year and do a history lesson of the programs on there. After years of coming to this board, it amazes me that every thread you read about South, there are DB folks here trying to stir the pot.

Now back to the subject of South and GC. The town of Gate City is very ready for the game this week. You can expect 10,000 there next Friday night, I have no doubt. The kids will give it all they have and we'll be proud of them regardless. I'm extremely biased and proud, but the folks coming to this game will see one of the best atmosphere's in high school football. I promise you, it'll be the best $5 you've spent in your life.

I hope for a very safe and respectful game from both communities. As big as this game is to our program, the following week is much more important in the long run. I understand some of the folks from Knoxville are coming up this week. I hope they have a safe trip and enjoy the game.