Alcoa vs Fulton

AlcoaPride2010

To the Almighty Alcoa Nation..... Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

Let me be the first to say thank you for the opportunity to lose so graciously in our first home game of the year. In the best interest of our team's safety and to avoid injuries that might benefit the rest of our opponents, we as Falcons have decided to forfeit and just go through the motions to avoid the pounding that other posters keep mentioning. There is no shame in admitting our inferior presence on the field compared to the F5 coming on a Thursday night. I suggest the mercy rule be applied at the kickoff of the 1st quarter so that we can end this mockery of competitive competition. Also, here at Fulton.... failure is not an option in the class room and we should consider the magnitude of "Did you finish your homework?", come Friday morning at school. So when you see our frail little Falcons walk across the field waving a big white flag, we are humbly surrendering our field and ask for mercy.

After all, why should anyone even be allowed to compete when no one gives them a snow ball's chance in heck of winning? :flower:

Oh well.... Go Falcons!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the Almighty Alcoa Nation..... Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

Let me be the first to say thank you for the opportunity to lose so graciously in our first home game of the year. In the best interest of our team's safety and to avoid injuries that might benefit the rest of our opponents, we as Falcons have decided to forfeit and just go through the motions to avoid the pounding that other posters keep mentioning. There is no shame in admitting our inferior presence on the field compared to the F5 coming on a Thursday night. I suggest the mercy rule be applied at the kickoff of the 1st quarter so that we can end this mockery of competitive competition. Also, here at Fulton.... failure is not an option in the class room and we should consider the magnitude of "Did you finish your homework?", come Friday morning at school. So when you see our frail little Falcons walk across the field waving a big white flag, we are humbly surrendering our field and ask for mercy.

After all, why should anyone even be allowed to compete when no one gives them a snow ball's chance in heck of winning? :lol:

Oh well.... Go Falcons!

Photoman: I'm not one of the Almighty Alcoa Nation. I have great respect for Fulton, from the feeder program through the high school. Great coaches and very talented athletes. I would never say Fulton doesn't stand a chance, because games are played on the field, not on paper. But as an outside observer evaluating the two teams I must say that Alcoa is the better team coming into this game. Think about it. Give me a position by position break down of the two teams and then tell me why anyone, other than a Fulton supporter, would pick Fulton? The Falcons have great history, but certainly no better than Alcoa's. The Falcons have great coaching, but certainly no better than Alcoa's. The Falcons have good support, but certainly no better than Alcoa's. And there really is no comparision if you look at the quality of depth on the sidelines, with Alcoa easily ahead in that category. I don't blame you for being a bit "mystified" by some of the predictions since we all love and support our teams. But in terms of "keeping it real", I don't see Fulton winning this game unless something very quirky goes on (like half of Alcoa's team coming down with the flu). It wouldn't surprise me to see Fulton keep it close simply because of Falcon pride. But I have to believe the Tornados are just too tuff for the birds this time around.

who was the last team to beat alcoa other than maryville? wonder if they had a chance?

So, this years Falcon team is better then the Hamilton, Rogan, and Freeney lead 2006 Championship team that beat Alcoa by 3??? :D................ :lol:

Look forward to seeing a much more physical Alcoa team then the `2005 and `2006 teams that Fulton faced.

Question ... someone answer .. I have a close firend in NC thats moving here to start a buisness with one of his high school friends .. he has a son who plays LB at 6'2 225 ... they want their son to possibly go to a school with good football .. the friend he has here has kids that go to Fulton .. he has inquired about Fulton and was told yes they would have to move into the school zone .. he was told about Maryville and Alcoa .. that he could pay tuition and live anywhere and his son go there ... he asked me if they were private .. I told him no they played in the public playoffs .. he didnt under stand how a kid from outside of a school zone could pay and play at school ..I told it didnt make sense to me either .. how cana school who has kids living outside a zone pay and play under public schools ..doesnt look fair to the schools where the kids must live in that zone like Fulton , Central , Halls ,AE etc... I told him I didnt know rules but he may be interested in him goin to Alcoa or Maryville .. anybody know why these schools like Aloca / Maryville arent classified as private since they have kids playin football from everywhere ?????

so this alcoa teams talent is better than cobb,lanxter,sykes and the kid who got kick out in 2006 ,this team is more tougher than that? wow

I'm just a fan of football, not a big fan of Alcoa, I have had pleasure of watching team from 2006 many times, also have chance to see this years team and yes , this team is better.

Question ... someone answer .. I have a close firend in NC thats moving here to start a buisness with one of his high school friends .. he has a son who plays LB at 6'2 225 ... they want their son to possibly go to a school with good football .. the friend he has here has kids that go to Fulton .. he has inquired about Fulton and was told yes they would have to move into the school zone .. he was told about Maryville and Alcoa .. that he could pay tuition and live anywhere and his son go there ... he asked me if they were private .. I told him no they played in the public playoffs .. he didnt under stand how a kid from outside of a school zone could pay and play at school ..I told it didnt make sense to me either .. how cana school who has kids living outside a zone pay and play under public schools ..doesnt look fair to the schools where the kids must live in that zone like Fulton , Central , Halls ,AE etc... I told him I didnt know rules but he may be interested in him goin to Alcoa or Maryville .. anybody know why these schools like Aloca / Maryville arent classified as private since they have kids playin football from everywhere ?????

I can't give you an answer nor have I heard a good explanation to pass along. My kids attend a private school (CAK). Our school's bylaws do not allow any student receiving financial aid from the school to participate in varsity athletics. Yet, our school is punished to the tune of a 1.8 multiplier which forces us to play much larger schools than our own. No problem. We knew what we were getting into if we wanted to play in the public school league and we accepted that and moved on. However; the explanation for the multiplier (although we can't give athletic scholarships) has always been that the private schools are not restricted by any pre-determined school zone, thus, giving even a private school that doesn't offer scholarships an advantage. I would argue that open zoned school districts, like the one in Blount County, have that same advantage, therefore, they should face the same 1.8 mulitplier if they are to compete in the public school league. However; laws regarding "no child left behind" have in effect made many counties, including Knox Co., "open zoned" to a degree as well. So who knows what the answer is, this will probably still be debated long after we're all dead and gone.

Aww geez here we go :thumb: Alcoa faithful do not take the bait :thumb: