M&M BOWL "IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN"

dou

When a played is blowed down by the refs, a player picks up a loose ball after the whistle and runs it into the endzone and the refs signal a score....then decide ok we made a mistake, no touchdown but give bartlett the ball. I'm ok with keeping my first defense on the field. The players should not be the ones punished because of bad calls. Is your loyalty to the Trojans? Just curious..

Nevermind, I just found you on the Bartlett thread. Probably be good for you to focus on who Bartlett has this week and leave us M&M people to our fun

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, from now on what happens in Bartlett stays in Bartlett!

I attempted to give some feedback on Munford so turnaround is fair play. Who should we be watching on the Trojan Defense and Offense? Haven't really seem much of them other than short highlights so fill us in! :roflolk:

I agree Munfordtiger, That is last weeks news, I appreciate the info on the Munford Team, I know a few of the players, one of the LB's and they are good kids and good football palyers so hopefully this will be a good clean game. I heard some talking about a tall WR that was a basketballer that has made some plays in the passing game. What about him???

The Trojans have a solid team but no superstar stand outs like the last few years. It is pretty much a team with a lot of good players and when they put things together they can be really good. The first two weeks where tough and humbling but hopefully eye-opening. This team has to work hard and grind out wins but are very capable of winning the remainder of their games. They have battled injuries the first few weeks and are slowly getting players back and hopefully they will be full strength. I would expect a great performance since there home opener they were embarrassed. Good Luck to both and i would like to see about 8,000 out friday.

It really wasnt a scuffle. A Millington player was keyed on pretty heavy during the game because Bartlett saw him give Olive Branch a rough time in the game film. The kid had several sacks and was in OB backfield all night. So Bartlett had some players keying on him which I would do also as a coach. The problem was he was getting held and cheap shotted (is that a word?) quite a bit and the refs were allowing it. I guess he had enough. That kid is a junior and he is one tough cookie.

Why was he in the game with a minute to go and a 35pt lead so this could even happen????????

Is he suspended??? How long???

I do not think we should provide this info to the public, this is a young person we are talking about and much worse has occured and did in this game. I think there are times that ref :roflolk: eree crews allow things to happen that get out of control this was one of the situations.

My point or My question in all this is did we have a player suspended for the Munford game this week? I have not heard anything all week (out-of-town). Not trying to put anyones name out there but wanted to know if we are going to be shorthanded?

Thanks cam6, I remember the Millington Freshmen team that would be Seniors now. They were pretty darn good and imagine not much has changed. Coming out of the gates into those first 2 games would be pretty humbling for most teams. MUS and OB may have their best teams this year.

Both of the Munford starting wide-outs are about 6'3" and athletic. Have OK speed and can make some throws look better than they really are but can also misplay some basic throws. The back ups may not be as tall but they make up for it in quickness. Again, not overwhelming but effective when we get the ball close enough to them.

I expect to see folks watching from the street (again) and look forward to good game. Let's hope you are right about players and fans keeping their heads on straight.

See ya at the M&M bowl! :roflolk:

I hope to see a lot of #31 on both sides of the ball if he his healthy.

Sounds like you were holding back on me... why #31?

I don't want to take away from the other players on the team but i have been realy impressed with this kid, junior RB/LB, and i think he is a real play maker that we missed in the first couple games with an injury. Just one of those players with natural ability, instinct, and toughness that can take some pressure off the others in the offense. Our other backs are good but some are playing both ways and have wore down late in games so it will be nice to have some fresh legs late in the game.

MunfordTiger I've been to all of Millingtons games but don't know much about them other than what I've seen on the field. So I'll try to give you a little input. Numbers only for I don't know names :thumb: . On offense the QB #11 is getting better every game. He can take pressure and is starting to be very effective throwing the ball. He's small but I believe that has been to his advantage some. As always they seem to throw a variety of RB's at you. #44 is not very fast but is a bull and will run you over. #36(i think that #'s right) and #7 have a little speed but seems to find the holes even when no one else see's them. And #5 well,,, I not sure what to say about this kid except don't stop on him, because he never stops. This kid reminds me of Holmes in the way he never stops moving his feet until after the whistle ,, way after the whistle. And #7 can also QB. Haven't seen much of him behind center but I'm not so sure he's not the one who needs to be back there. Can't remember the #'s but they have a WR that can get up and TAKE the ball if he can hold on to it. On Defense LB#64 is all over the place. He will be in the O's back field more than the O's backs. Although he hits the ball carrier every single play, and I'm almost not exaggerating, :thumb: he was having a little trouble finishing tackles. But they seemed to have fixed that problem. Not sure of the # but I believe it's #52 or 56 this kid is hard to keep in check also. The whole D seems to be keeping up the rep of the Trojan Def from the last few years. as in they hit and they HIT HARD. The kicking game is down from last year but I can see their Kicker getting better. The team as a whole is a very talented team. Not near as fast as last years team but can cover the field. This game could come down to who protects the ball the best. If Mill turns it over 4 times in the first half I would imagine Munford will take advantage of it a little more than Bartlett did. :thumb: On the other hand if they protect the ball very well. It might get ugly in the 2nd half. Good luck guys. and can't wait til Friday. :roflolk:

Yall are right last week is last week. I'm not saying it was right it just was and has been delt with. Now lets get to this week. Hope both teams are healthy. We have a few players that have been under the weather and a few with some nagging injuries who seem to be getting better and some who just refuse to give into them. Each team is made up of some prideful players who will play their hearts out.

Hope we have a great turn out.

FIGHT TROJANS FIGHT

NEVER GIVE UP

Thanks cam6, I remember the Millington Freshmen team that would be Seniors now. They were pretty darn good and imagine not much has changed. Coming out of the gates into those first 2 games would be pretty humbling for most teams. MUS and OB may have their best teams this year.

Both of the Munford starting wide-outs are about 6'3" and athletic. Have OK speed and can make some throws look better than they really are but can also misplay some basic throws. The back ups may not be as tall but they make up for it in quickness. Again, not overwhelming but effective when we get the ball close enough to them.

I expect to see folks watching from the street (again) and look forward to good game. Let's hope you are right about players and fans keeping their heads on straight.

See ya at the M&M bowl! :roflolk:

That Freshman team was just that a team, earlier folks were guestioning this teams Senior leadership"Time will tell" there are 19 seniors on this team 14 are starters and the rest contribute strongly. As Cam has said they may not have the great talent but they are very close, they are friends, teammates and understand each other,if some o you knew the closnest of this group leadership would never be questioned. I guess my point is if you remember the freshman team they are still there. Plus we have some pretty good Juniors and sophs Cam i agree with u on 31. :thumb: