Seymour vs Heritage

tnfootball4

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bigfoot i agree with you the fan support for these boys is great something ive not seen in awhile ive talked to people that havent been to a heritage game in years thats coming to watch these boys play and that are excited for the future of the program coaches are young and the players can relate to the young coaches which i think is been 1 reason we are seeing a turn around from this team and there much bigger this year the weight room did them good.

It is so good to see all the positive stuff on here about the Mountaineers. It has been a long time coming. Ths game will be a tough and physical game. If Seymour cant throw the ball it could be a long night for them. Heritages defense is very strong against the run. The offense will have to get off to a much better start this week and score some points early. Good luck to both teams.

Congrats to coach Russell and Wife Reagan on the birth of there first child "Braxton Russell". God Bless.

HAS ANYONE SEEN SEYMOUR PLAY A GAME THIS YEAR?

We (CAK) played them a couple weeks back. They play a physical brand of football. Not a very imaginative offense. Mostly wing-t & veer type of stuff with counters and misdirection. Not capable of sustaining any kind of passing game. They have a running back (#6) that has pretty good speed and hits the holes hard, about average size. He had a long touchdown run to our weak side very early in the game. #44 & #66 are also good players for them but maybe not as good as previously advertised on other threads. Their defense is solid against the run, but really had a hard time covering the pass. Seymour graduated 30 seniors from last years squad, so they are playing with young or inexperienced players. They should get better each week as those guys start maturing and settling into their roles. Maybe its just because I am accustomed to the wide open offense we run at CAK, but when we played Seymour I thought their offense was predictable and ineffective. That's my limited recall of Seymour. Good luck to both teams. Congrats to Seymour for a big win last week and to Heritage for a fantastic start to this season. :thumb:

Seymour did struggle early with the passing game.They have a new startin qb now that has looked really good.He's number 17 and cocke co was his first varsity start. They only threw the ball 3 times last week cause they got up so quick but completed all 3. Its really not much to say cause it was cocke co but I guess will find out this week.

Heritage is 3-0, but they have played three really bad teams and struggled to beat two of them. They are a little better, but when they run up against Farragut, Bearden, Maryville, Catholic, etc., it will not be good. They have improved, though, and seem to be playing with a lot of enthusiasm.

Seymour has struggled, but the quarterback change sounds like it is positive, and their two losses were to teams better than anybody Heritage has played. Daniel Boone is not great, but they gave a good Sullivan South team a strong test, and CAK is a quality team. Cocke County was awful, so you can't really tell much from that.

I think they are pretty evenly matched. Heritage is probably a little better, but Seymour is at home. I think it comes down to who makes the fewest mistakes and could go either way. Should be a close game.