Who will win the "Biggest Score Spread' this season ??

CHAMPDDS

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wholelottalove :o obviously wasn't at the game becauses the starters came out with about 10 min left in the first half and I am not going to tell my freshman and sophmores not to play hard. I think it is more of an embaressment to tell a team that they are not worth playing than to just play hard. If you want to get better, it's not going to help if your opponent doesn't play. Besides, this is high school soccer not some recreation league.

I don't know this team or the coach, but no explanation will change my mind, IMO it's just classless of any coach to run up the score like this. Don't even get me started on the 18-0 scores. This argument comes up every year. Look at many of the traditionally strong soccer programs across the state year in and year out and you won't see those lopsided scores, although they are more than capable of it. A good coach respects his opponents. Period.

Well BigG, it seems to longer be a cult, but rather a following. Yes, a majority. I can envision soon that after games such as this, masses will attend the offending teams next games with signage such as "Poor Sportsman", "Stat PADDERS", and "I remember the first time I scored a goal". What a beautiful day it will be....... :unsure:

I wish I could access the previous year's threads on this topic. I would love to see them side to side.

wholelottalove :twisted: obviously wasn't at the game becauses the starters came out with about 10 min left in the first half and I am not going to tell my freshman and sophmores not to play hard. I think it is more of an embaressment to tell a team that they are not worth playing than to just play hard. If you want to get better, it's not going to help if your opponent doesn't play. Besides, this is high school soccer not some recreation league.

I don't know this team or the coach, but no explanation will change my mind, IMO it's just classless of any coach to run up the score like this. Don't even get me started on the 18-0 scores. This argument comes up every year. Look at many of the traditionally strong soccer programs across the state year in and year out and you won't see those lopsided scores, although they are more than capable of it. A good coach respects his opponents. Period.

I Agree 100%, It is the truly GOOD TEAMS and GOOD COACHES that show this behavior. They deserve recognition. I doubt that the 13-1 team get any farther than district. I am curious though, is there a trophy for Poor Sportsmanship? :twisted: