Who will win the "Biggest Score Spread' this season ??

CHAMPDDS

Thanks for the welcome.

All I am stating is that we have a high powered offense, and yes we have played some quality opponents as you can see from your research. Just because they all are not from Memphis and you don't recognize them is no fault of anyones. Yes we have a lost to a very good St.George's team who tied one of your cities best in Houston ! May i mention we were missing 1 of our best players. 2nd, we played a very very good defensive Germantown team to a tie . Yes we did score to many on some teams like IC , etc but lets don't downplay the accomplishments of what this team has done. I only wish we could play more teams from that area and then you guys could give a reasonable assessment !!!

It will happen and you guys need to push the Memphis Teams to not travel 3, 5, 7 hours when you are so close. The West has slipped up and let the Middle and East get together and now we have to play each other multiple times to make a season.

Some of us are just on hear because we were rejected by FaceBook and have no where else to stir up discussion. Some of us stir with a paw, some with a cane, even some use a cleansheet. You'll get use to it. :roflol:

Well maybe not. :oops:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wholelottalove :roflol: obviously wasn't at the game becauses the starters came out with about 10 min left in the first half and I am not going to tell my freshman and sophmores not to play hard. I think it is more of an embaressment to tell a team that they are not worth playing than to just play hard. If you want to get better, it's not going to help if your opponent doesn't play. Besides, this is high school soccer not some recreation league.

I don't know this team or the coach, but no explanation will change my mind, IMO it's just classless of any coach to run up the score like this. Don't even get me started on the 18-0 scores. This argument comes up every year. Look at many of the traditionally strong soccer programs across the state year in and year out and you won't see those lopsided scores, although they are more than capable of it. A good coach respects his opponents. Period.

I Agree 100%, It is the truly GOOD TEAMS and GOOD COACHES that show this behavior. They deserve recognition. I doubt that the 13-1 team get any farther than district. I am curious though, is there a trophy for Poor Sportsmanship? :roflol:

Did you see those mean old Yankees beat the poor little Angels 10-1 and don't even bring up those nasty Patriots who just destroyed the poor Titans... I hope someone tells those coaches how unsportsmanlike they are... maybe you could give them a trophy or something... "laugh"

Sorry Coach...old excuses. For reasons that have been discussed before it is perfectly acceptable to trounce a competitor 59-0 (Sorry Coach Fisher), or win a tennis match 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, or a basketball game 122-49.

There appears to be either compassion or sportsmanship in this game the world has accepted as "it's" game and those who play it have adopted it. That is until we have found the Americanization of the sport. Sure, a 13-0 or 15-0 is totally acceptable in many coaches eyes in the USA. So is shooting animals who have nothing to defend themselves with while some spend $1,000s of dollars on scent pills, salt licks, infra-red cameras and massive 4x4s because they are too lazy and out of shape to carry their kill. But in the USA, this is SPORT.

So to answer your question, some actually find that taking a score to double-digits against an outmatched opponent sport. What side are you on?

I watched ND beat a way over-matched Sequatchie County team 10-0 on Tuesday in the first round of districts. Starters came out after 15 minutes. The second half (shortened at the request of Coach Jim) was comical. The last two goals were actually crosses that were mishandled. Seq's keeper actually leaned against the goal post for the last 20 minutes of the game with her arms crossed as she watched ND play keep away. It was the most absurd thing I have ever seen. ND would work the ball into the box, switch the field, then move it back to the "defenders". Another Seq midfielder literallly stood at center line for 10 minutes without moving more than 3 feet in any direction. If a team just gives up like that, then why bother playing the game? I agree all the arguments are old and no one is wrong on either side. What is more embarrassing? Being beat 18 - 0, or made to look like U10s chasing a ball around? It is the immovable object versus irresistible force quandry. Can God create a rock even He could not lift? There is no answer other than having your own opinion without sticking your nose in the air.

I believe that there are coaches that schedule games in order to run up the scores. That way their players get more recognition. One goal against a quality team is not going to get the press coverage that five goals gets against a lesser team. Parents play into it. Our coach has a goal limit for a player and plays lots of JV players if the game gets beyond a three point margin. There are parents who get upset. In the end playing quality teams may help to make it into state, but it is hard to stand on the sidelines and listen to parent talk about the thirty goals they (excuse me, their child has scored) this season and why they deserve all the awards.

Guys--it is not rocket science. Liberal substitution, one touch only ball movement, scores only off crosses and headers. Reserves even on the best teams are not going to put many balls into the net on crosses/headers.

If ND had done this (and they did with the exception of no scoring was allowed), the score would have been 25-0. (And, for the record, I would see no problem with such a score.) I realize most teams are not of the caliber of ND where every player plays select, so your scenario makes sense for most. I coached a younger team one year (the current ND freshmen) and I implemented your scenario that they could only score on headers once the score reached 5-0. It was pretty comical watching the girls try to score once the ball found its way to the box. And, btw, my father-in-law is a rocket scientist in Tullahoma, and I would never ask him to coach a soccer team.

I would imagine if your that good (talk the talk, walk the walk) we would see at least 5 or six of such results on your record this year. Perhaps you could share those results with us..

I am not exactly sure I am following your post. My mental capacity may be being taxed by your eloquence. What do I appear to be boasting about?

Regardless, I am serving in an administrator role this year, only helping our 3 teams get established, providing some pre-season training, and getting off to the right foot. But I assure you no teams will be running up the score.