Richland at Perry Co

richlandfb

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't you just say last week that the team was lackluster? Now they are explosive. Guess they have improved a lot in a week, lol. I did say that you are correct. I didn't think that it was just last week when the vikings looked lackluster during the game I really thought they played that way the first 4 games of the year. It really has nothing to do with weather they can score touchdowns or not it has more to do with the passion and fire they play with. It was somewhat better this past game against richland but still not that impressive. Their a good group of athletes and a good football team I would like to see them carry themselves like it. This is a great group of kids that is playing great football. Keep it up guys

We know that, but apparently the administration is acting like we don't! They say they can't get rid of him. :thumb:

Complain to the school board and director about the way Taylor cusses his players. Complain about the way he sets a VERY bad example by yelling and acting like a fool on the sidelines on Friday night. Call the TV stations and tell them if they want to see a grown man ABUSE children verbally, to come set up and record practice ANY day of the week. Then see if they can get rid of him.

The school board isn't listening, and I doubt that a tv station would come down unless a player "really" complained. Unfortunately, players are afraid to "tell" on a coach because of the flack they will get from the other players. BUT, parents can go to practices and film from their own camcorders. When they record him cursing, it doesn't put the pressure on just one player to "tell" on him. Then, there is always Fri. nights when the few fans who attend can film him. The proof for tv stations, school board, administrators, etc., will then be in the video. Taylor knows something on someone for them to keep him on board, so parents are going to have to "know" something on him to get rid of him. It's just plain ol small town politics!!

The school board isn't listening, and I doubt that a tv station would come down unless a player "really" complained. Unfortunately, players are afraid to "tell" on a coach because of the flack they will get from the other players. BUT, parents can go to practices and film from their own camcorders. When they record him cursing, it doesn't put the pressure on just one player to "tell" on him. Then, there is always Fri. nights when the few fans who attend can film him. The proof for tv stations, school board, administrators, etc., will then be in the video. Taylor knows something on someone for them to keep him on board, so parents are going to have to "know" something on him to get rid of him. It's just plain ol small town politics!!

Many people have came and went but Taylor is still around. Who does he have something on that has not already gone? If it was McMasters she's gone. If it was Hobbs he's gone. Laxson just got started at the school last year. That leaves Tee Jackson, and that guy is smart enough that he would find a way to get Taylor's job even if he did have something on him. I think it is a case of no one wanting to be the bad guy or maybe a case of undeserved loyalty. People need to start thinking more about the kids he is hurting and less about the adults.

seems like to me that everybody wants to critisize taylor. thats fine i understand completly. i do not think he is doing a good job either. fact is get on here and talk about how the players are doing. not just about coaching. look at #10,#22,#2,#14,#43, there is alot more than just that, if the qb would see his routes a little earlier then they could be dangerous in the passing game, #10 is probably the best reciever they have, but there are others also, but when he is open the ball isn't there. these boys are capable of gettin the tapes and watching them and saying we could do this or that. its not rocket science. they are better than that and could do more than just settle. they are kind of lazy is the truth about it. i think #22, and #10, and#2, and #43 have the most heart on the team, dont know there names just have seen 2 or 3 of the games.

Oh me. These boys have to practice it OVER AND OVER to get it right. Unfortunatley, Taylor doesn't do that with them. He runs a few practice plays in the hr. they practice. My son maybe practiced 15 min. each day--maybe--! The rest of the time he was on the sideline throwing balls to other teamates, just wishing for some good practice time-and he was a starter. IT was sooo unorganized!

So, in response to the comment about the plays now and how they aren't working-- the ball isn't going to be there for the receiver when the route hasn't been practiced many many times. Then, there is the defense. There were sooooo many holes! The route can't work when the holes in the defense don't allow it to work. BUT, it wasn't practiced enough. Instead, everyone was hollered at and then they went home. As far as watching film goes. Taylor can show the films before practice if it seems this would help---isn't that HIS job? These boys aren't getting paid big bucks to go home and watch film.! They aren't inspired to do it on their own either because their coach doesn't inspire them.

If Taylor had only been coaching a couple of yrs., I might be more willing to accept the idea that the players were somewhat to blame. But an avg. of 3 wins per season over 16 yrs.? NOPE!

im not disagreeing with what your saying. i just think the players should put more effort into football also. he is not going to lose his job maybe after this year maybe. its not going to do any good to complain about the way he talks to the kids. its probably no where near as bad as it could be with another coach, thats part of football if you cant deal with getting yelled at or cussed at some you might as well not play. its a mental and physical game not for people that cant take the heat. taylor is good to them boys and most of them will tell you that. the ones that dont are the ones that cant take it or dont play much and you have to be able to take whatever is threw your way. so instead of critizing the coach that we all know shouldnt be the coach, lets talk about the boys and there effort on the field. #14 #22 #43 and the playmakers #10 and #22 and #2 are probably going to have a great game and some great plays tonight. i will be listening on the radio. lets go raiders

im not disagreeing with what your saying. i just think the players should put more effort into football also. he is not going to lose his job maybe after this year maybe. its not going to do any good to complain about the way he talks to the kids. its probably no where near as bad as it could be with another coach, thats part of football if you cant deal with getting yelled at or cussed at some you might as well not play. its a mental and physical game not for people that cant take the heat. taylor is good to them boys and most of them will tell you that. the ones that dont are the ones that cant take it or dont play much and you have to be able to take whatever is threw your way. so instead of critizing the coach that we all know shouldnt be the coach, lets talk about the boys and there effort on the field. #14 #22 #43 and the playmakers #10 and #22 and #2 are probably going to have a great game and some great plays tonight. i will be listening on the radio. lets go raiders

Let me understand what you just said. You are saying it is okay for a grown man to yell and cuss children, and if the players/parents don't accept that they should move on? I guess there is no place for a moral or Christian person in football then huh? A grown man calling children dumb a$%es is okay?

Does the middle school coach behave that way? No and he has more wins than Taylor does. Being a loud nasty mouth coach does not bring wins. Finding the best in your players and treating them with respect brings wins. Taylor does not know how to do either.

As for treating the boys good. Yeah, he treats them good if you call letting them get away with stupid stuff good. I watched last year while he was cussed out by a junior and he let the guy back on the team the next week! The same stuff happened my freshman, sophomore and junior year. If you call letting his team get away with being misbehaved and in trouble being a good coach, then Taylor's your guy. I had friends playing basketball and they loved Coach Loveless for expecting more from them. They weren't screw ups like a lot of my teammates were and they had a better year because of it.

This football program is not teaching players anything. We didn't learn much about football and didn't learn much about being better people either. It is a waste of these players time as long as it stays like it is. My parents really wanted me to quit after my junior year but I stayed because of friends and hoped that Coach Hickman could turn things around. The two Taylors are too much for him to overcome. My guess is he will go somewhere else while Richland continues to keep the father-son dream team. I feel sorry for every kid interested in football at Richland, and I'm even more sorry to say that about the school I played at.

Something really needs to be done after this season.