Kingston's team this year...?

Roba22

I happen to live in the upper northeastern end of Tennessee and do not get much of a chance to see or read anything about Kingston other then what i can find on the internet.. I found this site tonight and thought I would try this for help... My Father is a Kingston Grad and played with Vic King back in UMMMM 66-67-68? His name is Robert Abbott and from what I have seen in all the newspaper clippings my mother kept he was a star back then allong with Vic and we have all come up a time or two in the past years to watch Vic and Kingston play.. So i became a fan even though I never went to school there.. (I wanted to come and play for Vic but my parents wouldn't let me when I was playing) I even went down to nashville to watch them play for the state title a couple years ago..

so i would like to know how they are looking this year.. i see they are 3-0 but are they really that good? can they run the table this year and make another run? Also what would be a good game for me to set a date and drive down to see a game? not sure who the team to beat will be for them this year.. thanks everyone ... Robert jr..

With AE, Fulton, AC and Loudon on the schedule it will be hard to run the table, but the Jackets are well coached, are physically very strong and they have a great kicking game. They don't have much depth and they don't have as good of athletes that they have had in the past, but they are a good team. I suggest watching Kingston-Anderson County. These teams hate each other.

Kingston is a decent team this year -- they are in the toughest 3A region in the state. I think the reality is anywhere between a 5-5 and 6-4 season and make the play-offs as a 3rd or 4th place team. Probably the game with Loudon will determine 4th place finish.

Not much depth and if a starter goes down could really hurt. One trademark of Vic's teams is that they can pass, not often, but effectively - but this year they don't really have that component and that will hurt them.

Win or lose though, Kingston epitomizes what high school football should be about. Good mature fan support, a 130-member band (15% of school enrollment), great cheerleading, fair PA announcer, great stadium environment, and a competitive team year in and year out.