Monterey @ Gordonsville

croz6110

In the wet conditions, Gville's offense should perform better as far as the run goes.

Monterey's Wing-T depends on more cutting and changing direction.

However, if Gville has to pass at all, they may not be able to cut it.

All the pass patterns I've seen are rollouts and no straight dropback passing, so that could be a problem.

Gville also has bigger backs, that if they can just keep their feet moving, they should push the pile and fall forward for yards.

I can't wait til tomorrow night as this looks like it's going to be my kind of football game.

Hey, Croz. Will this game be on the radio..if so where?

GOOD LUCK TO THE TIGERS!!!!!

It will be on the radio and if I had my guess it would be on AM 1350, but don't even try to pick that one up in Hartsville. If it's on FM, it will be on 104.1. However, your best bet will probably be to listen on the internet or just go to the game.

www.1041theranch.com is the website or something like it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

monterey lays down once again after halftime due to not wanting anymore of big strong powerful backs and big lines. gordonsville by 28!

You nailed it right on the head as far as the score goes. But, it didn't get bad until the 4th quarter. The Tigers had far better conditioning.

I think Gville could've done a whole lot better. I don't know if they come out flat or what. They didn't score at all in the 1st or 3rd quarters, so I don't know what the problem was there. Monterey, IMO made too many mistakes to lose by just 28, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

I don't think Smith's # was called enough, but I guess it didn't have to be. Cason, so far, has looked to be the best back. He runs hard, and I've talked to coaches from other teams who spoke highly of his running style. I believe he may lead the team in rushing, if not, he's awfully close.

Defensively, it looked like the players were out of position a lot, and it almost cost them a few times. Hopefully that gets fixed.

After watching this game, I'd equate it to lifetime television. You draw your own conclusion.

monterey lays down once again after halftime due to not wanting anymore of big strong powerful backs and big lines. gordonsville by 28!

You nailed it right on the head as far as the score goes. But, it didn't get bad until the 4th quarter. The Tigers had far better conditioning.

I think Gville could've done a whole lot better. I don't know if they come out flat or what. They didn't score at all in the 1st or 3rd quarters, so I don't know what the problem was there. Monterey, IMO made too many mistakes to lose by just 28, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

I don't think Smith's # was called enough, but I guess it didn't have to be. Cason, so far, has looked to be the best back. He runs hard, and I've talked to coaches from other teams who spoke highly of his running style. I believe he may lead the team in rushing, if not, he's awfully close.

Defensively, it looked like the players were out of position a lot, and it almost cost them a few times. Hopefully that gets fixed.

After watching this game, I'd equate it to lifetime television. You draw your own conclusion.

Congrats to the Tigers on a big win. Just keep on a truckin'. Did get to listen to most of the

game on FM radio. I listened to the G'ville game on radio & the SP game on the web. Not an easy

task even with two ears. LOL

Good luck the rest of the season from Grunt & TC. :thumb:

Good job tonight tigers !! Plenty of room for improvements but a shutout is a great start. :thumb: Lots of good talent on this team and i look for them to be even better next week. When these boys finally come together as one they will be hard to beat !!!

I believe they will will take this game, and lessons learned from the first 3 games really get things going. :thumb: