Whats up with Wilson Central

midtnbball002

Since Portland was off this week, my wife and I attended the Wilson Central-McGavock to watch one of her co-workers sons play, who plays for WC. We get there early and get really good seats in the middle of the field, and as it got closer to game time, we were surrounded by a loud group of WC parents. We were stunned and outraged by the rude behavior and rude language that these parents displayed. Whenever something bad happened to their team they cheered, whenever something good happened they were silent. A lot of cursing. When players were injured on the field, these parents kept talking loud, running down the team and the coaches, while there were hurt kids laying on the ground. Most shockingly, they loudly criticized individual players on the field saying that they sucked and that their kid should be playing instead. What kind of pathetic loser attends their kids games and criticizes 16-17 year old kids? I don't know Traye Aric from the man on the moon, but after reading the posts on this thread, I am sure that these horrible parental "role models" will be blamed on him as well. My wife and I will be attending the Portland-WC game later on this year and safe-to-say, we will be sitting on the Portland side.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were stunned and outraged by the rude behavior and rude language that these parents displayed. A lot of cursing. Most shockingly, they loudly criticized individual players on the field saying that they sucked and that their kid should be playing instead. I don't know Traye Aric from the man on the moon, but after reading the posts on this thread, I am sure that these horrible parental "role models" will be blamed on him as well.

I hope they come to the MJ - WC game next Thursday. I got a feeling their stands will be

pretty empty??? (Bears get grumpy when you go inside their den.) Should be an eye opener!

Since the opening of Wilson Central High School I have attended many sporting events with the school. It amazes me to read the posts on this thread from WC07 and others not directly related to WC. It seems to me that many of the posts are a direct hit at Traye Aric. I guess WC07 was not around when the team went 0 and forever. I guess WC07 forgets the year that Traye Aric took over as Head Coach --Coach Alexander had just left to go coach at Cumberland University. Do you think Alexander left because he knew that the group of seniors that he had returning were not strong or talented enough to carry the team and did not want to have a losing season after making playoffs several times? Do you think the unsupportive parents in 07 and the unsupportive parents in 09 have anything to do with the attitude on the field---or do you think that they may be the exact same parents, HMMMMMMM?

I have been to the games this season and am amazed at how unsupportive the parents are of the team. I overhear many parents cheering for their child but not for the team. I find that interesting--great sportsmanship.

I don't necessarily agree with all that I see the coaches at WC doing this year, last year, the year before that or even since the school opened. I didn't agree with Coach Alexander when he went to the playoffs and seemingly threw out the old playbook and opened another one for playoffs. Didn't work and he and his team were sent home early.

However, unless you have cold hard facts as to why Traye Aric should be gone and how the problems over there can be solved maybe you should keep your own personal vendetta opinions to yourself.

I feel sorry for the group of seniors and think they could use support on Friday nights along with the coaching staff.

Since the opening of Wilson Central High School I have attended many sporting events with the school. It amazes me to read the posts on this thread from WC07 and others not directly related to WC. It seems to me that many of the posts are a direct hit at Traye Aric. I guess WC07 was not around when the team went 0 and forever. I guess WC07 forgets the year that Traye Aric took over as Head Coach --Coach Alexander had just left to go coach at Cumberland University. Do you think Alexander left because he knew that the group of seniors that he had returning were not strong or talented enough to carry the team and did not want to have a losing season after making playoffs several times? Do you think the unsupportive parents in 07 and the unsupportive parents in 09 have anything to do with the attitude on the field---or do you think that they may be the exact same parents, HMMMMMMM?

I have been to the games this season and am amazed at how unsupportive the parents are of the team. I overhear many parents cheering for their child but not for the team. I find that interesting--great sportsmanship.

I don't necessarily agree with all that I see the coaches at WC doing this year, last year, the year before that or even since the school opened. I didn't agree with Coach Alexander when he went to the playoffs and seemingly threw out the old playbook and opened another one for playoffs. Didn't work and he and his team were sent home early.

However, unless you have cold hard facts as to why Traye Aric should be gone and how the problems over there can be solved maybe you should keep your own personal vendetta opinions to yourself.

I feel sorry for the group of seniors and think they could use support on Friday nights along with the coaching staff.

It seems to me that "iknowsomething" knows nothing. I guess you weren't there when wilson central was first built and they had to seperate the Mount Juliet district, and how both Mount Juliet and Wilson Central were awful. I guess you weren't there when Coach Alexander's wife had premature twins and the medical bills were so great that when Cumberland offered to pay him double the salary of Wilson Central and to pay off the medical bills that had accumilated he did what was best for his family. I guess you didn't see that did you? SO NEXT TIME keep your mouth shut until you get your facts straight.

Last time i checked the tennessee vols didn't have a bad season due to a complaining fans. If so, the coaching staff wouldn't have been reconstructed. The parents will complain, however, they are not on the field coaching or making plays. I guess the 08 season should be attributed to the parents for the great support, because without them the team wouldn't be able to play well. I guess that is what mount juliet got this year that made them better.

Mount Juliet had the same struggles as us 8 or so years ago, but look at where they are today. And why do you ask? Because of coaching. That is the difference between us and mount juiet is coaching.

I am in great support of wilson central. I love our players!! and that is when i look on the website and see an 0-7 record i get upset. our players deserve a better coach and deserve better all around.

So maybe you should rethink your previous statement and relize what the true problem is.

Tennessee fans are the BEST and WORST fans in FB. They are the first to publicly condemn you when your kids lose and the first to pat you on the back when you win and say stupid things llike: "Coach, I knew you could do it and we're behind you 100%."

The Tony Franklin 'system' is solid but it requires discipline at the QB position.

Tennessee fans are the BEST and WORST fans in FB. They are the first to publicly condemn you when your kids lose and the first to pat you on the back when you win and say stupid things llike: "Coach, I knew you could do it and we're behind you 100%."

The Tony Franklin 'system' is solid but it requires discipline at the QB position.

Hmm!............interesting statement from you.

I have seen Wilson Central play once this year and i can say that the system isn't the problem. The execution is the problem. They have too many bonehead plays such as missed snaps to QB or poor throws to open receivers, dropped balls by receivers and missed tackles on D. They will get better with time and work. Any complex offense especially if it is new will take time and great coaching in which I have no idea if WC is gonna get either this season or next.

strange comments coming from the "demoted" ex-OC of the defending State Champs. Was execution your problem :thumb:

Are you trying to say that this poster is from Oakland?

It seems to me that "iknowsomething" knows nothing. I guess you weren't there when wilson central was first built and they had to seperate the Mount Juliet district, and how both Mount Juliet and Wilson Central were awful. I guess you weren't there when Coach Alexander's wife had premature twins and the medical bills were so great that when Cumberland offered to pay him double the salary of Wilson Central and to pay off the medical bills that had accumilated he did what was best for his family. I guess you didn't see that did you? SO NEXT TIME keep your mouth shut until you get your facts straight.

Last time i checked the tennessee vols didn't have a bad season due to a complaining fans. If so, the coaching staff wouldn't have been reconstructed. The parents will complain, however, they are not on the field coaching or making plays. I guess the 08 season should be attributed to the parents for the great support, because without them the team wouldn't be able to play well. I guess that is what mount juliet got this year that made them better.

Mount Juliet had the same struggles as us 8 or so years ago, but look at where they are today. And why do you ask? Because of coaching. That is the difference between us and mount juiet is coaching.

I am in great support of wilson central. I love our players!! and that is when i look on the website and see an 0-7 record i get upset. our players deserve a better coach and deserve better all around.

So maybe you should rethink your previous statement and relize what the true problem is.

First - WC07 use your spellcheck. Your lack of spelling is making the entire school look bad.

Second -- Give it a rest. Does anyone like the way the season is going? No. Is trashing the coaches doing any good and bringing wins? No.

Third -- Remember, Coach Alexander threatened to leave the year before he actually did. Why? Because of the poor excuse of a principal the school had to endure during the early years. Why didn't he leave you ask? There was a meeting in the stands after the season with players, Coach Alexander, the principal & yes, SUPPORTIVE parents. It became very clear then Alexander should stay and the principal should go. He did stay for one more year. Sadly, the principal stayed longer than Alexander. Thank goodness WCHS now has Travis Mayfield!

Fourth -- Many of us who are still WCHS fans endured the 0-24 record. Did we scream from the stands at the coaches & the players? NO!! Did we support the team? YES.

Fifth -- It is not the fans' job to decide who should go & who should stay. It is the fans' job to support the players on the field & off the field. I have heard there was a meeting to have the coaches fired mid-season. Now, that's going to do a lot of good. I have heard there is a petition going around to have the coaches fired. Another smart move by people mid-season. Do those involved in all of these shenanigans not realize it is having an effect on the morale of the team?

Once again, give it a rest. Support your team!!!

First - WC07 use your spellcheck. Your lack of spelling is making the entire school look bad.

Second -- Give it a rest. Does anyone like the way the season is going? No. Is trashing the coaches doing any good and bringing wins? No.

Third -- Remember, Coach Alexander threatened to leave the year before he actually did. Why? Because of the poor excuse of a principal the school had to endure during the early years. Why didn't he leave you ask? There was a meeting in the stands after the season with players, Coach Alexander, the principal & yes, SUPPORTIVE parents. It became very clear then Alexander should stay and the principal should go. He did stay for one more year. Sadly, the principal stayed longer than Alexander. Thank goodness WCHS now has Travis Mayfield!

Fourth -- Many of us who are still WCHS fans endured the 0-24 record. Did we scream from the stands at the coaches & the players? NO!! Did we support the team? YES.

Fifth -- It is not the fans' job to decide who should go & who should stay. It is the fans' job to support the players on the field & off the field. I have heard there was a meeting to have the coaches fired mid-season. Now, that's going to do a lot of good. I have heard there is a petition going around to have the coaches fired. Another smart move by people mid-season. Do those involved in all of these shenanigans not realize it is having an effect on the morale of the team?

Once again, give it a rest. Support your team!!!

Team "O"

You must be a relative or close friend...............WC now listen carefully...........cut your losses!!

go Bucs

Team "O"

You must be a relative or close friend...............WC now listen carefully...........cut your losses!!

go Bucs

Neither Rapid. Just a fan who has been around since the beginning & is embarrassed by the actions of the parents this season. Do I totally agree with everything? No, I don't. Should the coaches be gone? Don't ask me. It's not my decision. I do know that the nonsupport for the coaches has gotten into the boys' heads.

Team "O"

go Bucs

Neither Rapid. Just a fan who has been around since the beginning & is embarrassed by the actions of the parents this season. Do I totally agree with everything? No, I don't. Should the coaches be gone? Don't ask me. It's not my decision. I do know that the nonsupport for the coaches has gotten into the boys' heads.

Let me ask you one question, if you do not mind. Have you had a son play for him?

I have seen Wilson Central play once this year and i can say that the system isn't the problem. The execution is the problem. They have too many bonehead plays such as missed snaps to QB or poor throws to open receivers, dropped balls by receivers and missed tackles on D. They will get better with time and work. Any complex offense especially if it is new will take time and great coaching in which I have no idea if WC is gonna get either this season or next.

strange comments coming from the "demoted" ex-OC of the defending State Champs. Was execution your problem :thumb:

Are you trying to say that this poster is from Oakland?

No, 2P................that would be the "defrocked" Komisar from Hillsboro.