Whats up with Wilson Central

midtnbball002

I have sit back and read all this stuff and now I have some questions for you:

How many games have you seen in the last 3 years? When they were 8-2 with the same coaches except Wes Elrod, nobody was in the stands trashing the team. Before you start, everybody agrees that coach Elrod was a genius.

What would you have done on 3rd and 10? Pass is just what MJ thought too. I'm not in any way defending the play calling, but its alot easier to make these calls from your seat and mine.

And what kind of special teams mistake caused a 51 yard field goal. Give Jackson his due and not try to take a school record to the gutter along with everything else.

Are you ready to fire ALL the coaches or have you just targeted Aric?

If the job becomes available maybe YOU could apply and WC could get back on top.

I must ask this silly question; if Elrod is that good!! Why don't ya'll get him to be the head coach. I do see where you said he WAS a genius; maybe he is NOT now. (LOL).

Genius is a bit strong for any HS coach.............don't you think??

We have a good one in Crabtree...........should be region Coach of the Year!!

go Bucs

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buckethead...

I've been to three games since i've left the school. I haven't been able to attend the amount of games that i would like to watch due to being in Iraq fighting for your freedom. And you know if my commentment was up i would be more than happy to apply, but as of right now i still have four more years that i owe my country. Next, this is why i do not agree with the coaching staff, particulary traye aric. He changed the offensive system from last year, not elrod or any other coach. This system is his making, and guess what...HIS PROBLEM! I called him out for the 3rd and 10 due to WC only gaining 2.45 yards per rush last game. Why run? Mount Juliet expects you to throw because you sure can't run the ball. At least give your team a shot get the first down. And do you know what happened on that play. A loss of 2 yards. That is why i called out the coaching staff. And i'm not taking anything away from our kicker. He looked great. He will probably go D-1 if he keeps it up. What i was trying to express was that our offense didn't move the ball the entire night to even get themselves in a scoring position. I consider the last game another 0 point score by the offense which would be four for the year! The offensive system that he is running clearly doesn't work, but guess what... he just keeps on running it. I suggest a head coaching change because that will revamp the coaching staff.

I really do not have a dog in this fight, but the offense that Wilson Central "bought", is actually a really good offense. Here in West Tenn, MUS won a state title with it this year and may win another one, Brighton was annually a 6 or 7 win team until they started running this last year and they went 9-2 and Dyer Co was not very good and they started running this and won a region title. Yeah they are struggling with it this year, but have been good running it. Also this is the same offense that Hoover in AL ran all those years, not comparing WC to Hoover just saying there are teams having success running this offense bought off the street which I do not think is embarassing at all and I do not think MUS fans think so either. The thing is there are so many little things you have to coach up b/c the offense is pretty complex with all the things you can do out of it.

I really do not have a dog in this fight, but the offense that Wilson Central "bought", is actually a really good offense. Here in West Tenn, MUS won a state title with it this year and may win another one, Brighton was annually a 6 or 7 win team until they started running this last year and they went 9-2 and Dyer Co was not very good and they started running this and won a region title. Yeah they are struggling with it this year, but have been good running it. Also this is the same offense that Hoover in AL ran all those years, not comparing WC to Hoover just saying there are teams having success running this offense bought off the street which I do not think is embarassing at all and I do not think MUS fans think so either. The thing is there are so many little things you have to coach up b/c the offense is pretty complex with all the things you can do out of it.

If you have a "pitcher" and "catchers" and (1) good RB; this is good stuff! If the "pitcher" can also run.......... even better. Brighton probably has those ingredients..............

Please do not use MUS or Hoover as example. These 2 schools had the "bought" offense but they also have "bought" players; I dare-say those 2 could be successful with any type offense. For the record; Tony had a bit of trouble this past weekend with his new team MTSU and his revolutionary offense.........only could muster 6 points.

It is really not X's and O's.........it is always the players. I will make this statement about this type offense; if you attempt it without certain ingredients ----- be prepared for some very ugly results!! WC and Dyer Co are probably good examples of what can happen with a "slow clock" offense. Incomplete passes will stop the clock!! Like any type "O"..........looks good when it is clicking.

A high school coach should design his playbook around the talent of his players, and clearly wc hasn't done this. College, Pros, and maybe a handfull of high school can design a playbook and recruit players that best fit that system. WC can't do this, and the stubborness of traye aric is showing, because not only is the system not working, he still refuses to change the offense. This is just stupidity by traye aric and that is why he needs to be let go, along with the coaching staff. That is if the new coach desires that outcome.

A high school coach should design his playbook around the talent of his players, and clearly wc hasn't done this. College, Pros, and maybe a handfull of high school can design a playbook and recruit players that best fit that system. WC can't do this, and the stubborness of traye aric is showing, because not only is the system not working, he still refuses to change the offense. This is just stupidity by traye aric and that is why he needs to be let go, along with the coaching staff. That is if the new coach desires that outcome.

Design a playbook!! :roflol: not likely! Do not confuse stubbornness with an abundance of something else (LOL)

Also, here is offensive update for the "International Offensive Winging and Flinging Tony Franklin Emporium for Coaches that are Challenged in the Design of an Offensive Playbook"...............MTSU scored NO TD's this weekend!! If I am one of these HS coaches out here that is struggling with the "Tony" system..........I might having a doubt or two. What is the MTSU HC thinking?? hmmm!

There could be a "silver lining"................maybe Tony will sell the stuff next year at reduced rates and the yearly renewal might also be reduced......Please note** I just found out their is a yearly renewal rate for staying with the "Tony" offensive juggernaut system.

Gotta ask------Coach Aric; will you be renewing the "Tony" for 2010?

I don't care who you are........that was funny!

glademom, you are a riot.

Not really; I am actually quite dull. However, I am still pulling for my "GladeKitties".

Our coach quoted in the "Tennessean" described our arch-rival MJ coach as disciplined, hard-nosed, and old school. Would someone please explain what old-school means?? I am pretty sure that the hard-nosed means that he will not treat us very nice in spite of the nice compliments being heaped upon him.

thanks in advance