Milan Bulldogs..

Bulldog2020

Just wondering if I'm the only one who has noticed just how great a team Jeff Morris has fielded in the past 3 and going years. Since the loss to Crockett Co on the opening week in 2006 Milan has lost only one regular season game in the last 32 games and 4 games in the last 41 games. (Not counting the forfeited games) Not bad at all. Seems like they are all around better this year..just as fast and big. Go BULLDOGS!!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if I'm the only one who has noticed just how great a team Jeff Morris has fielded in the past 3 and going years. Since the loss to Crockett Co on the opening week in 2006 Milan has lost only one regular season game in the last 32 games and 4 games in the last 41 games. (Not counting the forfeited games) Not bad at all. Seems like they are all around better this year..just as fast and big. Go BULLDOGS!!!

Did you dislocate your elbow patting yourself on the back with your very first post? :D BTW, I have never known a Milan poster to not tell us all how great the bulldogs are. LOL :D

I am a Milan fan, and former Bulldog player. I do not agree that Milan is all around better than they were last year'. The defense is suspect, especially against the pass, and the offense can be shut down, especially since the only running plays are 'up the middle'. The passing attack is average, at best. The kicking game is much improved over last year(especially the snaps and holding on extra points and field goals).

They will improve, as they do every year under Jeff Morris, but to say that they are 'better than last year', well I haven't seen it!!

I am a Milan fan, and former Bulldog player. I do not agree that Milan is all around better than they were last year'. The defense is suspect, especially against the pass, and the offense can be shut down, especially since the only running plays are 'up the middle'. The passing attack is average, at best. The kicking game is much improved over last year(especially the snaps and holding on extra points and field goals).

They will improve, as they do every year under Jeff Morris, but to say that they are 'better than last year', well I haven't seen it!!

The defense is starting to play better as a team in the last two games, easier games than the first two for sure. However, the D-Line is learning on the fly and is playing better as a unit - ie. overcoming the terrible loss of M. Wise and other injuries to some of the starters. When you look at the last three games we seem to be getting constant penetration on the line along with very good LB play. This defense has the chance to be very good and when we hit the stretch of the last four games we will know for sure just how good. It was good to see Matt back on the sideline last night and hope he has a full recovery!! :lol:

The offense while being good isn't clicking as it did some games last year. That being said they haven't had to show much the last two games. I am sure there is more in the bag than is being showed but it will not be pulled out until they have to later in season. The O-Line is also doing a good job this year even though they are undersized IMO. The next two weeks will be spent getting healthier and improving on the practice field. Have faith in the Bulldogs!! They will be just fine.............

maddog...I have been wondering the same thing about Milan....They don't seem to be as good as they were last year...They are still really good but it seems they have struggled some considering the hype in the offseason.....

I havent posted but once since December but here's my book on this years team....I never understood why some predicted this team to be better than last years. Offense...you lost your 2 best Oinemen. The only two who were of avg oline size, one was all state. You lost your 230 lb. cannon armed QB who started 4 years. Two 3 years starters and 2 of the fastest, quickest players to ever play at Milan. How many big special teams and offensive plays did JW and Tristian make over the last 3 yrs? Also 2 of the best DBs we've seen at Milan. 3 dlinemen graduate. 1 all state, 1 all region. Lot of talent and experience in last years senior class.

I think a lot of people looked at the size of the senior classes. 9 last year 26 this year as well as having Avery and Moo back. A couple of years ago Huntingdon was hyped behind their 5 star recruit then failed to make the playoffs. There is a lot of truth the the cliche that you're only as strong as your weakest link. We have the tendency to look at the the strength of strengths and dismiss how weak, weaknesses are. Avery and Moo are two of the best players ever at Milan, Avery is probably the best HS player I've ever seen. But the Oline is undersized and continues to struggle. Even last year the Oline was probably the worst IMO since I started attending games in 98, but that was alleviated by big plays from great players. Much of the big play threat is gone with the graduation of Coleman, Pearson, and JW.

This team can still be a "great" team. Injuries have obviously been a problem. Chris Bledsoe is a 3 year starter and the fastest player on the team who has yet to get on the field. Tim Adkisson is the homerun threat. He has been hampered this season. 4 weeks until you play Dyersburg for the Region crown. 2 weak opponents in GC and Peabody, Ripley I know nothing about and a bye week. Morris has also used some very vanilla game planning. Look for Milan to get healthy and start building for a run over the next month. Morris is one of the best in the business. He knows how to get Milan there.

I havent posted but once since December but here's my book on this years team....I never understood why some predicted this team to be better than last years. Offense...you lost your 2 best Oinemen. The only two who were of avg oline size, one was all state. You lost your 230 lb. cannon armed QB who started 4 years. Two 3 years starters and the 2 fastest, quickest players to ever play at Milan. How many big special teams and offensive plays did JW and Tristian make over the last 3 yrs? Also 2 of the best DBs we've seen at Milan. 3 dlinemen graduate. 1 all state, 1 all region. Lot of talent and experience in last years senior class.

I think a lot of people looked at the size of the senior classes. 9 last year 26 this year as well as having Avery and Moo back. A couple of years ago Huntingdon was hyped behind their 5 star recruit then failed to make the playoffs. There is a lot of truth the the cliche that you're only as strong as your weakest link. We have the tendency to look at the the strength of strengths and dismiss how weak, weaknesses are. Avery and Moo are two of the best players ever at Milan, Avery is probably the best HS player I've ever seen. But the Oline is undersized and continues to struggle. Even last year the Oline was probably the worst IMO since I started attending games in 98, but that was alleviated by big plays from great players. Much of the big play threat is gone with the graduation of Coleman, Pearson, and JW.

This team can still be a "great" team. Injuries have obviously been a problem. Chris Bledsoe is a 3 year starter and the fastest player on the team who has yet to get on the field. Tim Adkisson is the homerun threat. He has been hampered this season. 4 weeks until you play Dyersburg for the Region crown. 2 weak opponents in GC and Peabody, Ripley I know nothing about and a bye week. Morris has also used some very vanilla game planning. Look for Milan to get healthy and start building for a run over the next month. Morris is one of the best in the business. He knows how to get Milan there.

IMO, there is 1 on the O line that is a questionable starter.

Outside of the kicker, special teams are horrible at best.

Bledsoe will be a huge addition when and if he gets back on the field. Wise going down for the year in the Jamboree was just a huge blow to the Dline.

There are still a couple of players way out of shape that shouldn't be. This seems to be a problem each season for the Bulldogs. Teams like Camden-Huntingdon- Crockett Co. are ready to play week 1 and it seems like it takes Milan 4-5 weeks before they get their legs under them.

This is still a very good team but they have a ways to go before the word "great" can be used. Morris usually has them peaking when they're supposed to.