Smyrna vs. Seigle

seantn_4

VERY BIG GAME!!

It should determine who finishes next to last, just above lavergne.

This year only the old folks care. Most of the students have lost faith.

Who can blame them, it is rough getting "schooled" each week by the WONDER BROTHERS!

Still waiting on who coaches the Dawgs next year.

I agree with Bulldog86 the Bulldogs are not out of the running yet. The offense is showing promise and I have stated before the SHS defense is holding this thing together til the offense catches up. Coach Matt will continue to have the team prepared and its up to the boys in Purple and Gold to play the games. Several writers and radio guys have stated that the team that loses this game will most likely be out of the race. And there is an outside chance our district could get 4 teams into the playoffs.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY BIG GAME!!

It should determine who finishes next to last, just above lavergne.

This year only the old folks care. Most of the students have lost faith.

Who can blame them, it is rough getting "schooled" each week by the WONDER BROTHERS!

Still waiting on who coaches the Dawgs next year.

Looks like someone has stepped in it now. I wonder if you can get your other foot in your mouth. "Most of the students" HUMMMM. "Most of the students" couldn't pick out a football in a line-up. "Most of the students" don't and haven't come to any of the games. The only thing we get schooled by is the opposing teams student body. Twice sometimes triple the size of our student body turnout. At home games and away games. Jumped off the band-wagon when the team struggles but is by your side when the team wins. We had a huge win last friday. 48 points scored by all facets of the team. And yet another shutout by the defense. But most of you would not know that because only a dozen or so of the student body showed up. i think if you go and look at the stats you will see that is three on the season and two in a row. The defense did not give up a point at the Blackman game. All points were given up on special teams. To include the field goal. Speaking of the Blackman game the final would have been different if not for a penalty and a missed field goal. Should be ashamed of yourselves. These are the people you sit in class with and call your friends. They don't win so you can't support them. But when they put trophies in the case you can't get enough of them. Try to come to some the practices, actually start with the games, or other football functions before you open your mouth and insert you foot. Can't taste very good.

Milo, I have been around a long time. I know exactly what you are talking about from experience with Oakland. When I first witnessed Oakland football, they went to the Clinic Bowl in 88. You have never seen such a rowdy bunch of fans. It was amazing, and I was hooked. The next yr we went back to the Clinic Bowl with just as many rabid fans. Then Alsup left and things went downhill. We didn't have as much talent and a lot of young, inexperienced players. There went the fans......when the players needed their support the most. They got laughed at in class and taunted by other sports. Yet, when we rose back to the top in 98 with Coach U and won the state, guess who came back out of the woodwork and joined Marty's Army? Yep, you know. Shirts everywhere, bodies painted up, loud rockin stands. We went back down again when Coach Ferg took over the reins and played some really young guys ......freshmen and sophs. These were kids who played their hearts out and took hits on the field that no 14 or 15 yr old should have to feel. What happened? They got laughed at, ridiculed, and taunted again. The time when you are needed the most, and the students turned their backs on them. Just think what they could have accomplished had the fans been behind them to encourage them? Now....here were have come full cycle again.....stands full of rowdy fans swearing their undying allegiance for OHS football. Red red red everywhere. I will be honest with you, it sometimes sickens me. I want to ask them.....where were you when the kids needed you so desperatelY? I want to say....you didn't win ANYTHING, so get out of here. Guess that is why I got on here and defended OHS so much . I knew they needed to feel that someone cared. Now we have plenty supporting them so I don't feel so needed anymore. Once we lose again, they will disappear as quickly as they came.

Sorry for the rant.. I just can't help myself sometimes.....purpledawg will get me.... :motorbike: Sorry too I talked about OHS on your thread.

All I can tell you Milo is to keep showing up and cheering as loud as you can. The players on that field will remember who was there and who wasn't and they will thank you for it. Trust me.....I know.

2P, once again you're on time. I love you passion and dedication for your team and beliefs. Now, if more of us shared your values we'd all be better off. After all, you have been Oaklands most consistant supporter for the last several years. Hale, who am I kidding, few people care about their name, community, or country any more. Most of us want results without investing anything to the product. One day I'd like to meet you 2P at a game.

2p and wiseguy, and everyone else who feels the same, thanks for the backup. Our fan turnout turned south for the most part after Sonny and Rod left town. We started out rough last year and we ended up making it pretty deep. Just think if the support was there from the beggining. My kid plays for Smyrna. I stand out in the sun, rain and wind like other parents do to watch thier kid ,and every other kid on the team, practice. I am sure other programs have parents do the same thing. My kid is injured now but i will still be at practice tomorrow. Why? Just like other programs, the young men of this team need to see we are insterested and that we do care not just on game night but everyday of the week. It helps to build that family atmosphere that every succesful program needs. So yes i take it personal when one of our own decides to turn on the team. I can take it when it is one of the volunteer parents or someone who is constantly out there supporting the team decides to vent. But when you have given up by the forth game of the season, in which our record is better at this time than last year, I'd rather you just kept your mouth shut and said nothing. This way you can stay home and the rest of us do not have to hear it. It is a win win for both of us. Now i will get down of my soap bax. Go dawgs! :blush:

Milo, I have been around a long time. I know exactly what you are talking about from experience with Oakland. When I first witnessed Oakland football, they went to the Clinic Bowl in 88. You have never seen such a rowdy bunch of fans. It was amazing, and I was hooked. The next yr we went back to the Clinic Bowl with just as many rabid fans. Then Alsup left and things went downhill. We didn't have as much talent and a lot of young, inexperienced players. There went the fans......when the players needed their support the most. They got laughed at in class and taunted by other sports. Yet, when we rose back to the top in 98 with Coach U and won the state, guess who came back out of the woodwork and joined Marty's Army? Yep, you know. Shirts everywhere, bodies painted up, loud rockin stands. We went back down again when Coach Ferg took over the reins and played some really young guys ......freshmen and sophs. These were kids who played their hearts out and took hits on the field that no 14 or 15 yr old should have to feel. What happened? They got laughed at, ridiculed, and taunted again. The time when you are needed the most, and the students turned their backs on them. Just think what they could have accomplished had the fans been behind them to encourage them? Now....here were have come full cycle again.....stands full of rowdy fans swearing their undying allegiance for OHS football. Red red red everywhere. I will be honest with you, it sometimes sickens me. I want to ask them.....where were you when the kids needed you so desperatelY? I want to say....you didn't win ANYTHING, so get out of here. Guess that is why I got on here and defended OHS so much . I knew they needed to feel that someone cared. Now we have plenty supporting them so I don't feel so needed anymore. Once we lose again, they will disappear as quickly as they came.

Sorry for the rant.. I just can't help myself sometimes.....purpledawg will get me.... :blush: Sorry too I talked about OHS on your thread.

All I can tell you Milo is to keep showing up and cheering as loud as you can. The players on that field will remember who was there and who wasn't and they will thank you for it. Trust me.....I know.

thank god for butch vaughn. he changed the whole atmosphere at oak. sorry to say it but that is what it will take at smyrna. the offensive staff needs to go. no imagination at all. they run 5 plays just like ferg. did. the defense knows what is coming by the way they line up. it's not the kids, but the scheme.

2P - I felt your pain. I may not have been here on these boards but I was working my tail off. For over 2 years there were about 4 families that did nearly all the work of the booster club. My son became so disillusioned and disgusted that he (along with the young men from 2 of the other families) didn't play his senior year and forfeited his chance for his ring. I was still there, working along the new crop of OEC members. And by the end of the season we had TONS of people wanting to help. Parents I had not seen in 4 years were suddenly interested in helping with the end of year banquet. Parents that had never been to a single OEC meeting much less participated in any functions decided that now they wanted their voices to be heard. I'm not here to toot my own horn. I'm just here to say, keep on fighting and keep on working for what you know is right. Your children see it and learn from it. I will always love Oakland football and hope to be a part of it for a long time. But I am also a band parent now. As hard as I threw myself into the OEC, you will now see me marching in as a chaperone with the band and supporting them in any way I can. It's the right thing to do and I wish more parents "got it". Bless all of you who support your teams no matter what their record. Keep on fighting!

I agree with the poster a few back, saying that the offence needs more imagination. I don't think the staff needs to go, I think they need to embrace some change. The have super fast athletics. They need to get them in space with quick hitters. Not Hail Maries to the sidelines. I'd love to see some slot or WR screens. Some plays where the QB takes 2 steps and fires, maybe a post pattern or 2. What about faking the flag route and hooking back for a 10 to 15 yard gain.

There is so much talent and speed on the field for Smyrna’s O, but they needs to open up to take advantage of it. If Smyrna can do a few of these things, it will open up holes for the run game and then the great backs can shine. If not the Defense’s can and will continue to stack up and Smyrna will be in defensive battles all year.

I do not know who Mr Donkey does root for but it is NOT the Smyrna Coach in this game that may get the boot at the end of the season. I cannot say that about Siegel though. While Siegels win last week was huge, they do not have the team or Coaching staff to repeat this week.

The one bright spot is Coach Wyatt WILL have the defense ready and it will not be an embarrassment for Siegel.

I know 1 thing......he/she has mad a few folks upset with the stupid comments. Oh well enough on the donkey.

I think Smyrna come out on top this week but close.........I can say this with complete certainty, the game will be physical!!!!!!

Big week......Big game......Let the BIG time players shine......GO DOGS!!!!