Rankings Week 4 For 9/13-9/20

mjuhb

About the last thing the Commercial Appeal may have the ability to do is rank soccer. You may find greater value in Eurosport (sorry MVM...I said it). Don't lose ANY sleep on the Commerical Appeal Soccer Rankings. Then again, if you would like to know what the Univ of Mem Basketball team had for breakfast a week aqo Thursday, they likely would be the best source.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see Tennessee making more than just a token appearance. Great Job Girls!!

NSCAA National Rankings

High School Fall Rankings Girls

Region IV 2nd Poll - September 15, 2009

Rank School Prev. W-L-T

1 Archbishop Spalding (Severn, Md.) 4 - 0 - 0

2 McDonogh School (Owings Mills, Md.) 3 - 0 - 0

3 Sacred Heart Academy (Louisville, Ky.) 7 - 0 - 1

4 Notre Dame Academy (Covington, Ky.) 9 - 0 - 0

5 Good Counsel (Wheaton, Md.) 6 - 0 - 1

6 Brentwood (Tenn.) 5 - 0 - 0

7 Bishop O'Connell (Arlington, Va.) 3 - 1 - 0

8 Houston (Germantown, Tenn.) 6 - 0 - 1

9 Lexington Catholic (Lexington, Ky.) 6 - 2 - 1

10 Woodford County (Versailles, Ky.) 5 - 0 - 1

11 Baylor School (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 4 - 0 - 0

12 George Washington (Charleston, W. Va.) 6 - 1 - 0

13 Christian Acadof Knox (Knoxville, Tenn.)* 6 - 0 - 0

14 Hendersonville (Tenn.) 6 - 0 - 0

15 Winfield (W.Va.) 4 - 0 - 3

* Denotes State Champion

# Denotes District Champion

For more information, visit the NSCAA website at

www.NSCAA.com or call 800-458-0678

About the last thing the Commercial Appeal may have the ability to do is rank soccer. You may find greater value in Eurosport (sorry MVM...I said it). Don't lose ANY sleep on the Commerical Appeal Soccer Rankings. Then again, if you would like to know what the Univ of Mem Basketball team had for breakfast a week aqo Thursday, they likely would be the best source.

Actually, I was expressing my own opinion, which the Commercial Appeal's rankings happened to reflected. I would not consider CA's rankings particularly reliable, but I think they might have gotten it right this week. Even a broken watch is right twice a day. :D

mstreeep...my apologies, my comment wasn't directed at you. Seemed as if people were wondering how the CA does rankings. Its likely they will be kept wondering.

On another note, you may not like it but regardless of the color your wearing this year, your one team. A child will carry that with them to the field. "all" of us, has got to be better than "some" of us. It will be the best thing for everyone, but it requires some effort towards change for a better learning experience.

we play oakland next thursday i'm looking forward to seeing what they can do

Riverdale is a "walking wounded" team right now and will take more lumps until we get some of our starters back so don't be suprised with some of the scores over the next couple of weeks. Earyl tough scrimmages and games with BGA, Shelbyville, Hendersonville, Soddy, Ravenwood, Franklin and Baylor helped take its' toll on a team with very little depth. Not taking anything away from Oakland as they played a solid game and it was a good confidence game for them to win. Hopefully, Riverdale will be back to full speed by District Tourney time.