Greenfield at Trenton

JungleJim125

You can't be criticized for saying that. Every person in trenton knows its the truth. Idk how the staff isnt feeling the heat after a 2-8 season and many upon many upon many 3-7 and 4-6 seasons. Put it like this had you gave jeff morris p.a. pratt mickey marley any other coaches in west tn peabody would have won state in 07 and would have had lots and lots of more winning seasons because we have had talent there. We had loads of talent when i was there 5 years ago. Its just another harper was the qb and whats his dad, oh yeah a dentist throwing money into the school system oh yeah he is in the board of trustees..hmmmmmmm! yeah. I guess you take a team deep in the playoffs every ten years so you get to keep your job. You know a certain person in the school board of trustees told my father that when they were accepting applications for head coach to take over haneys position about 5 years i ago and that a man from missouri or mississippi..I cant recall which. had won 2 state titles in 5a football there in like the past 5 years and they literally tore his resume/application in half. Now call me a liar if you want but my father and that man are good friends. Plus that man would not lie either. Just tells me they had it set up for scott and his staff. You talk about middle school football...gee they have had winning seasons since kendall harper dex fields darius norriss and them were all there 7 or 8 years ago. What's funny is they still run the same plays now that they did when my uncle was there in 93 under haney lol. It's ridiculous and time for everyone to go. It's not that we dont have talent its just those coaches dont know how to utilize it. We have always had the same amount of talent as every other school around here. believe it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't be criticized for saying that. Every person in trenton knows its the truth. Idk how the staff isnt feeling the heat after a 2-8 season and many upon many upon many 3-7 and 4-6 seasons. Put it like this had you gave jeff morris p.a. pratt mickey marley any other coaches in west tn peabody would have won state in 07 and would have had lots and lots of more winning seasons because we have had talent there. We had loads of talent when i was there 5 years ago. Its just another harper was the qb and whats his dad, oh yeah a dentist throwing money into the school system oh yeah he is in the board of trustees..hmmmmmmm! yeah. I guess you take a team deep in the playoffs every ten years so you get to keep your job. You know a certain person in the school board of trustees told my father that when they were accepting applications for head coach to take over haneys position about 5 years i ago and that a man from missouri or mississippi..I cant recall which. had won 2 state titles in 5a football there in like the past 5 years and they literally tore his resume/application in half. Now call me a liar if you want but my father and that man are good friends. Plus that man would not lie either. Just tells me they had it set up for scott and his staff. You talk about middle school football...gee they have had winning seasons since kendall harper dex fields darius norriss and them were all there 7 or 8 years ago. What's funny is they still run the same plays now that they did when my uncle was there in 93 under haney lol. It's ridiculous and time for everyone to go. It's not that we dont have talent its just those coaches dont know how to utilize it. We have always had the same amount of talent as every other school around here. believe it.

You are right after the 07 season then going 2-8 was un called for! They do have as much talent as any school their size around here. I was told the same thing about the mississippi coach i believe u are the one told me! Its all about the mighty dollar thats all they care about! There is no sense in Trenton going 2-9 3-7 even on rebuliding years. I realize you are not going to win go 9 or ten games every year but there is no excuse having losing seasons darn near every year! Hopefully the parents in the near future will see this and get something done! But till then that is all Peabody fans have to look forward to!

If Trenton finally does decide to make a move..Lake Co will probably finish 7-3 or 8-2 this year..Plese give the head coach at Lake Co the Trenton job..but only if Greg Ross,the assissant coach will come with him...Doubt that will happen because Ross has a son at the middle school starting at linebacker and I'm sure he will be a starter his freshman year at Lake Co High school over a more deserving player..So never mind..But back to Greenfield -Trenton..Going with Trenton 20-14.!

I personally think the whole coaching staff needs to go. Two winning seasons in how many years? Same coaching staff since the late 80's. You can't sit here and tell me Peabody has had no talent in the last 15 years? As a graduate and former player at Peabody High School its really tough watching these kids have to go through this. The coaches wont play the kids with talent..outside of Kendall Harper well he speaks for himself. They wanna just play the kids whos parents are throwing the most money into the school. They have so much talent on the sidelines..yet he continues to play the qb last year and this year. seriously? lol. Wipe out the whole staff and I dont mean just bring someone up from middle school. Bring in somebody new and let him bring his own staff.

WRONG. 6 winning seasons in 15 years. Wrong. Not the same QB as last year. Wrong. No advice needed from anyone named Bulldog.

You are right after the 07 season then going 2-8 was un called for! They do have as much talent as any school their size around here. I was told the same thing about the mississippi coach i believe u are the one told me! Its all about the mighty dollar thats all they care about! There is no sense in Trenton going 2-9 3-7 even on rebuliding years. I realize you are not going to win go 9 or ten games every year but there is no excuse having losing seasons darn near every year! Hopefully the parents in the near future will see this and get something done! But till then that is all Peabody fans have to look forward to!

Hmmmm.....dentist and phantom coaches. Maybe you guys should go into coaching. At Milan.

Not a milan bulldog fan buddy. Im a georgia bulldog fan. My brothers and I all went through TSSD from pre-school through graduating at Peabody in 02,04,05,09. So were no bulldog fans...were Tide fans that are sick and tired of scott, haney, and everyone else that has been there from the 1980's. So what 7 maybe 8 winning seasons in 20 years..thats not enough. let someone come in that didnt graduate from Peabody. We need somebody who knows whats going on. Ask anyone in Trenton and 95% of the people will say they need to go and that 5% are the coaches and their family. it's ridiculous. The way you act...are you a coach or a friend or family member of the coaches lol. Like I said dont get me wrong we are huge tide fans and always have been since we moved here in 1990.

Not a milan bulldog fan buddy. Im a georgia bulldog fan. My brothers and I all went through TSSD from pre-school through graduating at Peabody in 02,04,05,09. So were no bulldog fans...were Tide fans that are sick and tired of scott, haney, and everyone else that has been there from the 1980's. So what 7 maybe 8 winning seasons in 20 years..thats not enough. let someone come in that didnt graduate from Peabody. We need somebody who knows whats going on. Ask anyone in Trenton and 95% of the people will say they need to go and that 5% are the coaches and their family. it's ridiculous. The way you act...are you a coach or a friend or family member of the coaches lol. Like I said dont get me wrong we are huge tide fans and always have been since we moved here in 1990.

You are entitled to your opinions like everyone else but opinions are like elbows, everybody has one. Facts are a bit different.

* Congrats on you and your family being Trenton graduates. I would imagine that at some point the same men you are being critical of helped you along the way at some point, either in athletics, academics, preparing you for real life, etc... There are many former players who think very highly of the current and former coaches.

* Not the same qb as last year. You sure you follow this team? Last year's QB hasn't taken 1 snap this year as a qb. He is playing wr and db.

* This year freshman class is a good one but it is the first in 4 years so there is not more talented players standing on the sideline. Making a statement like that is unfair to the players on the field. A true fan of Trenton would not do that.

* 95%? Really?

* These coaches are just like every other team. When they have better players, the team will win....when they don't, they probably won't win. This same coaching staff went to the semifinals 2 years ago. If you think they were better than that team they played, there is no sense arguing.

* What makes you think another coach would want to go to Trenton to have to deal with fans like you who cut down the coaching staff on a message board?

So you are telling me that we have not had any decent players in the last 15 years? Youre telling me that from 91 or whenever it was to the 07 game they had absolutely no talent to make it deep into the playoffs? No arguing that goodpasture was better but scott and them could have had a heck of a better game plan that what they had..realizing that goodpasture was faster than any team they played before. What i said about the quarterback this year and last year meaning lumelly last year and rogers this year. I follow the team and can tell you the quartberbacks running backs whatever you wanna know for the last 15 years. i guarantee you if you ask 95% of trenton they say scott and his sorry staff needs to go. Replying to you saying that one of them have helped me..actually no i never had not one of those guys as a teacher and when I played none of that staff was there besides scott. Nobody can come to trenton because they tear up applications ala the mississippi coach who won a few 5a state titles. just ask mrs sherry whitbys husband about that. Jerry rogers/todd lumely/kendall harper/(mike schoonover/terry harper/aaron hinson all one year) Peyton harper/marc mccall/ Jay jewell/trent willis i think is his last name/Frederick agee. Shall i name the running backs? i didnt miss a game up until last season about week 5 after I seen the way scott and them were calling it. listening to the my headphone/radio in the stands one night against dresden you could hear lumelly and other coaches saying had they been listening to us the whole dam* game we would be up by 3 touchdowns. just frustrating knowing we have talent but scott and them act like we have middle school kids out there every week.

Nothing meant towards you Puff. A football conversation is always great. You know I bleed black and gold and its so frustrating knowing there is better talent than whats showing. i dont mean a state run every year, but gee we should win 5 games every year without a problem. there was so much talent there when i was there 2000-2004 it just wasnt untilized right. Didnt want you to think that i meant anything bad towards you. Let's roll tide!

Remind me, what region has Trenton been in the last several years? Milan, Westview, USJ, JCS, etc...

Throw in county rivals Humboldt and GCHS(always plays Trenton close), and their schedule was a nightmare. I am sure you can recall games that Peabody should have won, but maybe being beat up with injuries might have hurt their chances. Not making excuses, but hind sight is 20/20. We all have things that we would like to go back and change. Unfortunately, the region Peabody had to play in was one of (if not the) toughest regions in the state.

Yes, Trenton has had some good players in the past 20 years. But it takes more than a couple of players, it takes a TEAM! A team is only as good or bad as its weakest link. 2007 was a great TEAM with great players. If Zebra and Bulldog played ball they should know this.

As far as the Freshman team Zebra, who knows, maybe they will be the next group with the right mix and work ethic. Maybe they will fall short of the hype. They have good players, but will they be a good TEAM when the time comes? Lets let them play a game this year before we pin our hopes and dreams to them for Gods sake! :thumb:

kendals father is not mark harper I don't know his dad but it's not dr harper in trenton!!