Union City @ Obion Central...County Rivalry Time !!

I have to start out by saying Obion County has improved over the past seasons. They have a good team and seems they are now headint in the right direction even though the lost tonight on the points side.

I will also go on to say Haskins is the deal......not as much the real deal but can run as good as any player Central has had in some time. But, that's basically all they have. The stats proved that.

I was also impressed at time with their ( Obion Co. ) defense.

Union City HAD their opportunity to close the door early in the game but couldn't.

Now.....penalties hurt Union City.......really at a point they over came them most of the time. I am not blaming anything on calls but by the way the radio guys were talking and seeing replays since WLJT was there to film the game....lots and lots of call were missed especially late hits going out of bounds. Then there are some holding calls also. Union City had right at 100 yards total penalties when Obion had around 50 with most of them coming very late in the game when things really didn't count.

Union City just had to many guys that could run the ball...Obion not much. The passing game...haskins can throw "SOME" but that hurts him by being the All around deal ....what I call the REAL DEAL. He ( Haskins ) is really good though. The Central passing game...not impressed at all...and I think Haskins had pressure tonight he has not seen all year. He can't throw in the flats...that was a proven fact. Fullbirght a good player with maybe another or two but the kicking game...#8...he just fills a jersey.

As for Union City....way to many mistakes at times....managed the clock REALLY well but a mistake or two there wasn't good. Chase Bowling made the game taking Central out of their game plan. Worrely played well on offense and Kendric Price...what can you say...had two long T D's called back. Nice game for him. Then there is Nicks...what can you say but a hard nose playing kid. Others, Fare, Barnes, Cavanas, Maddox and many other played hard. Not many teams you play like Union City who plays so many BOTH ways and can stay in the game. Union City did get tired as is expected.

Overall...good game by both, somewhat clean but way to many calls...especially on Union City.

Good crowd and have seen larger. Like the 7 PM start. Game still went to long.

Keep it up Rebels...you day is coming to top the hill. Not to just beat UNion City but competeting with other in your district.

Good luck to all and all a good nite.....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true. I was told by a person walking in the gate that watch very carefully at how Obion Will shoot themselves in the foot. If...and I say "IF" we had taken care of business early, the game would have been alot different. Bowling knew this team could come back. I was expecting a WHOLE lot better passing game than what I saw tonight from the Rebels. Union City's defense might have had some to do with that.

What is the deal of the head coach coaching from the press box. That stuff is for college. Get down there and enjoy being around your team. Not a goot thing.

But wouldn't you agree...you take Haskins away....slim pickens. Don't get me wrong, they have very good players but he is the man. That's why he is the Q B.

If his passing game was better....he would be playing somewhere next year and may yet. He really has some special skills.

Very true. I was told by a person walking in the gate that watch very carefully at how Obion Will shoot themselves in the foot. If...and I say "IF" we had taken care of business early, the game would have been alot different. Bowling knew this team could come back. I was expecting a WHOLE lot better passing game than what I saw tonight from the Rebels. Union City's defense might have had some to do with that.

What is the deal of the head coach coaching from the press box. That stuff is for college. Get down there and enjoy being around your team. Not a goot thing.

But wouldn't you agree...you take Haskins away....slim pickens. Don't get me wrong, they have very good players but he is the man. That's why he is the Q B.

If his passing game was better....he would be playing somewhere next year and may yet. He really has some special skills.

Said in the paper that Jackson has some herniated discs or bulging discs or something...Something wrong with his back.....Says that standing for any length of time is really uncomfortable....

I would say Haskins is the focal point of the offense......I would say UC maybe took away everything else....

Congratulations to the Tornadoes. Overall I thought the game was kind of sloppy on both sides. Don't know if the viruses going around had anything to do with it or not. Six turnovers won't win you any football games. The Rebels wasted opportunity after opportunity to draw closer and couldn't do it. The OC passing game is better than what it showed. Several of our starting receivers are sophomores and juniors. They will get better though. Patrick short armed the ball a lot tonight. But anyway 2-3 looks a lot better than 0-5 from the last couple of years. The week off is needed. Hopefully we can get everybody over all this sickness going around and get healthy. We've got a chance to add a couple more victories on and start getting back to playing competitive football.

In the teams the Rebels have played so far this year, Union City allowed the Rebels their least amount of points during 4 quarters of football..

Not bad for a Single A verses a AAA/AAAA school.

Just been watching the replay on Channel 11......for sure the ONLY offense the Rebels have is Haskins. And it is mainly a running attack.

Some small college will pick him up and use him wisely.