Powell @ Anderson Co.

futbolfan

Kidd, we've both got a few teams to play before we meet. But I am looking forward to it.

Saturday was a great opportunity for fans to watch some good HS football, so I was disappointed with the relatively sparse crowd. I did, however, observe coaches from both Clinton and Halls in attendance with their notepads.

You're right, MM. Lot of football left to play. Saturdays' crowd was sparse. I guess everyone stayed home to do the UT thing. A vast selection of people were represented at the Maverick stadium Saturday. Including a recruiter from UT.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Including a recruiter from UT.

Uh, I would have to question that for two reasons:

1. It's not an open period for in person observation by NCAA rules. That starts, and I believe this is correct, Oct. 1.

2. All of the UT coaches were in Gainesville, and the coaches are the only "recruiters" who are certified at this point.

Who do you believe that UT would be looking at among those two teams, by the way?

We have more depth than yall.

Let me rephrase my statement then...You may have more numbers, but not depth. 5 different receivers, 5 td's. Who YOU gonna call???? GHOSTBUSTERS!!!! ;)

Just messin, just messin! ;)

No i meant depth.

:popcorneater: OK, OK, OK.... DEPTH. Did I mention that if you stay injury free til that late in the season, you might have to double or triple Wilson??? lol lol lol....... B)

Oh i fully support Gillum at AC... He really has you guys on the right track.. and im always happy when a hometown guy comes back to coach his H.S. Team, But here are the facts. Anderson County has yet to face anyone with anything close to the athletic ability of Clinton. One of clintons biggest defensive issues is stopping the run once it gets to the second level. There is one problem with that, Anderson County is prob one of the most one sided teams in the state of Tennessee. Will Anderson County be able to throw on Clinton? Yeah they will... but in no way are they gonna be able to throw all over clinton like they have been able to with the first four teams they have played, Clinton plays to fast. Anderson County will have to come up with a more balanced attack to beat Clinton. It will be an extremly tight game...

Bump...on the hometown thing. I agree, AC is VERY one sided right now. They MUST become more balanced to be more competitive. I hope we don't go from one extreme (running/Kerr) to another extreme (passing/Gillum). I'm not, as a rule, an offensive person. I think the old addage that " offense sells tickets, defense wins championships" holds true. Our defense needs work at this point, also.

That being said...Let's face it. AC nor Clinton has faced very good teams up to this point. Clinton's depth may very well be their "Achilles heel". I've got news for you. AC WILL PASS AT WILL ON CLINTON. Can AC's defense stop Stone and Company...we will see. Clinton will be beat up by week 10. I'm looking forward to the game. Aren't you? Will be an offensive shootout. Good Luck.

Ill agree AC will be able to pass on Clinton.. I don't think they will be able to pass at will... When Clinton knows a team is gonna pass.. they put all those talented receivers in the defensive backfield and i have yet to see a team throw very well when they put that package in. Now that being said.. Clinton will not be able to play that package all night long.. that will put a strain on their team. So I believe it will be a very Offensive game.

AC will have to get some kinda running game to have a chance to win this ball game. Clinton has extremely good play at the defensive end position. AC will def not have all day to throw the ball.

Heres some stats:

(realizing the Clinton has played one more game than Anderson County)

Clinton has rushed for more yards than Anderson County has thrown for.

(Clinton 972 Rushing Yards/ Anderson County 943 Rushing Yards)

Clinton have tripled Anderson County's Rushing total

Anderson County's QB has obviously been more efficient on the pass than Stone

Clintons D is holding opponents offenses to 4.8 Yards a play on Average

(not the best)

AC's D is holding opponents offenses to 7.0 Yards a play on Average

Clinton has just under 500 more yards total than AC

Although the passing Game for clinton hasn't been that important this year.. Stone is making smart decisions and has yet to throw an interception

The thing that worries me about stone is the fact this all he has on his mind is D1 and he's kinda afraid to get hurt. Im worried that he wont be as big as threat on the ground later in the year as he is now.. He is obviously the most elusive player when he steps on the field.

Believe me this is gonna be a good Game. Both Clinton and AC will need to Step up.. but it def is an unknown now considering the Competition in this region just gets steeper for both teams and there is alot of football to play

Clinton's offensive and defensive stats are a bit misleading because starters have only had to play one entire game (D-:roflol:. They used subs in the 4th at Halls and against Roberson and in the 3rd/4th against Karns and Hardin Valley. My son said that the staff is keeping up with the stats when the varsity is playing separate from the game stats. I will have to wait until tomorrow to see them updated myself, but as of last week the varsity defense was giving up 3.64 yards/play and less than 175 yards per game. From the look of Friday that improved. Also averaging 12.75 points given up . . . Karns, Hardin Valley, and Roberson all added scores after subbing. I know that goes on the season average, but would it have really happened if starters were in?? AC will be able to throw on Clinton, but he better get it off fast.

Yeah its is early but its hard for me keep from thinking about it, Just think if Clinton and AC win out.Who ever wins their game wins the district.Thats just crazy to think about.Just face it boys Anderson County Football is great right now with OR AC and CHS being the top 3 teams i I agree with alot of points on this thread..here are mine though

* I have watched both AC and Clinton play and in my oppion Clinton D is alot better than people give them credit and their alot better than AC's D

*I dont know why AC was waiting to see if that QB was coming in or not because the QB they got playing now is doing a really good job

* AC's paassing game is alot better than Clinton's right now but Clinton hasnt had to use theres because of #2

I hope both teams stay undefeated till this game cause that would make it even better.This will be one heck of a game and will be worth the money to come see

That is a true and good comparison. You know that both AC and Scott Quarterback are the tops among the Prex Xtra Leader board and of course AC quarterback being better, in my opinion. This guy really shows a strong arm and each week he becomes better and better. Give some points to the line. I told Davey and Rusty after the CCHS game he better get Russ on the ball as I seen some weakness in defense. He told me you better not tell Russ that LOL. Looks like Russ is really doing a good job, however the big questions is that defense. You never know which defense will show up. This defense could be the best in the state with a few tweaks. The other big question is AC needs to learn how to play at home.

That is a true and good comparison. You know that both AC and Scott Quarterback are the tops among the Prex Xtra Leader board and of course AC quarterback being better, in my opinion. This guy really shows a strong arm and each week he becomes better and better. Give some points to the line. I told Davey and Rusty after the CCHS game he better get Russ on the ball as I seen some weakness in defense. He told me you better not tell Russ that LOL. Looks like Russ is really doing a good job, however the big questions is that defense. You never know which defense will show up. This defense could be the best in the state with a few tweaks. The other big question is AC needs to learn how to play at home.

Westcoast, are you talking about the defense in general pertaining to Russ or the defensive line? Just curious. What tweaks do you think those would be?

ANY average qb would do well in Gillums' offense. Williams has really improved by leaps and bounds. VERY suprising. Williams has always been smart, just not very athletic. Too slow of a release sometime. JMO. Once again, am VERY surprised. Glad to see it!

Specifically I meant the offensive line. Since Russ is not responsible for the defensive. As far as tweaks to the defense, I will be honest I was just an all conference punter in the late 70's early 80's and have only been to one game of the Mav's which is not a good comparison since it was CCHS. I would not really be able to speculate honestly since AC has grown over the past two games. I know what I feel is AC defensive weak points but this is not the proper forum to share. I do feel AC has made the proper adjustments needed to accommodate the Halls offense. Sorry I was unable to share more.

Specifically I meant the offensive line. Since Russ is not responsible for the defensive. As far as tweaks to the defense, I will be honest I was just an all conference punter in the late 70's early 80's and have only been to one game of the Mav's which is not a good comparison since it was CCHS. I would not really be able to speculate honestly since AC has grown over the past two games. I know what I feel is AC defensive weak points but this is not the proper forum to share. I do feel AC has made the proper adjustments needed to accommodate the Halls offense. Sorry I was unable to share more.

Sorry, I guess I just misread /misunderstood your post. I agree with you that AC has made strides the last few games. But you know, sometimes it's not a bad thing to get "outside" observations from time to time on game plans. Can put new a perspective on things, if you know what I mean. "ALL CONFERENCE PUNTER", huh? Pretty cool. :popcorneater: