CAK's Schedule

mlkmn24

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been watching Champions League games the last couple of days on Fox Soccer Channel with Dish Network. Don't know if it is a free trial (just showed up a few days ago) or a basic channel now, but loving it. Watched a couple of games on the computer last season (for free)...might try that.

I bought the sports package last year from Comcast for $5 a month to get the NFL Network. I didn't realize the package comes with the Fox Soccer Channel and Gol TV. I cannot get enough of Serie A, Champions League, and the EPL. I just wish FSC was in HD.

RE private school salaries...one thing that needs to be factored in is the reduced/no tuition for coaches/teachers children to attend the private school. If a parent wants a private school education for their children, this is a substantial "income" factor. For example, a coach at a private school with 3 children going tuition free is probably saving upwards of $20K+ in tuition expense. Throw the tax benefit in and you can see the benefit that incurs is substantial---may not be income in the form of salary but is in fact "income" in the long run.

RE CAK and undefeated season. In looking at score comparisons on Eurosport between CAK and Maryville and common opponents, it appears that a much tougher test for CAK will be Collierville. I have seen CAK play a match and they are for real.

RE private school salaries...one thing that needs to be factored in is the reduced/no tuition for coaches/teachers children to attend the private school.

That was the story years ago, but I know in our area, that is not the case anymore. Obviously, every new teacher can negotiate upon hiring, but we see a lot of young people who have not started a family yet coaching and teaching, so no tuition benefit. Once upon a time, long, long, ago.....sorry, I digress, teachers and coaches would consider a private to get the tuition benefit and work for less $ than public. Today, many work in privates because of the chaos in public schools. At least, that's the situation as I know it first hand. I'd like to hear from others.

How did I know that once I put the word "money" in my post that it would come to the topic of CAK paying boat loads of money for their coaches. I have posted on this before when CAK hired Coach Pharr, CAK does not pay their coaches a huge salary. I would say that a 4-5 year teacher at a public school makes more than 95% of the teachers and coaches at CAK. What makes CAK an attractive school for coaches is that some retire from public schools and collect a retirement check from them and a check from CAK. For example, Darden, Young, and Cowan. Another thing is that there are parents at CAK that will donate the money to make sure that the coaches get what they need for their programs. For example, dirt, grass seed, equipment etc.... it has always been that way over there. I will tell you one thing though, no one works harder on improving their facilities than Tommy Pharr. You can ask anyone that has ever played for him. So to make my point, CAK does not write blank checks to get people to come and coach their sports teams.

Yes, coaches do get paid but not nearly enought to put up with the parents that are trying to relive their childhood through their kids.

So if CAK doesnt write the checks who does? Somebody is paying these quality coaches off to get them there. Six figures in Farr's case. I guess you need to find some bigger boosters G and you can get the cable back on...

How did I know that once I put the word "money" in my post that it would come to the topic of CAK paying boat loads of money for their coaches. I have posted on this before when CAK hired Coach Pharr, CAK does not pay their coaches a huge salary. I would say that a 4-5 year teacher at a public school makes more than 95% of the teachers and coaches at CAK. What makes CAK an attractive school for coaches is that some retire from public schools and collect a retirement check from them and a check from CAK. For example, Darden, Young, and Cowan. Another thing is that there are parents at CAK that will donate the money to make sure that the coaches get what they need for their programs. For example, dirt, grass seed, equipment etc.... it has always been that way over there. I will tell you one thing though, no one works harder on improving their facilities than Tommy Pharr. You can ask anyone that has ever played for him. So to make my point, CAK does not write blank checks to get people to come and coach their sports teams.

Yes, coaches do get paid but not nearly enought to put up with the parents that are trying to relive their childhood through their kids.

So if CAK doesnt write the checks who does? Somebody is paying these quality coaches off to get them there. Six figures in Farr's case. I guess you need to find some bigger boosters G and you can get the cable back on...

Where in the WORLD did you hear that coach Pharr was getting 6 figures? That is laughable (especially if you know coach Pharr, and how humble and unassuming he is). We are good friends (our kids spend a lot of time together) so I guess he must be hiding that cash in his mattress for a rainy day, cause I sure haven't seen it!

Coach Pharr has 2 young kids and really wanted them in this environment.

Coach Estus has 4 young kids and really wanted them in this environment.

I have 2 young kids and really want them in this environment.

Again, I think it is hard for people to realize that money isn't everything, and it doesn't drive everyone.

There is no way that a high school coach is making 6 figures and it definitely isnt happening at CAK. I had also heard that rumor and just like G, I laughed. I do think that a tuition break for teacher/coaches kids is an attractive bonus for private schools but (correct me if I am wrong G) I dont think that CAK extends that offer anymore. My wife is a special ed teacher and she also got certified in regular ed so that if we wanted to send our children to CAK that we could take advantage of the tuition break. I am pretty sure that we were told that CAK no longer does that.

I think that Collierville might be a test for CAK and Maryville might be one as well I just dont see CAK losing either of those games but there is a reason why they play the games on the field and not message boards.

• 2 weeks later...