Milan @ Gibson County..

Bulldog2020

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, I did do some editing. In all reality, GC coaches/players know this will probably be the toughest game of the year as we are playing the defending state runner-ups. GC might have a trick or two up the sleeve. GC is past due. We played a great solid game against Humboldt in week 0 and I felt as if that might've been a sign of things to come. Unfortunately, we've been blasted the last two games by Dresden and Ripley. At the beginning of this season, I thought the playoffs might've been a possibility with what we had coming back this year and the type of offense we were running. We've dug ourself in a huge hole and the road ahead only gets tougher for GC.

That was 2006 I do believe. GC went on to the Region semi's that year and lost to USJ. We had a great coach that year that got caught up in some controversy. He went to Ripley that next year and took them to the state tournaments I believe.

actually it was 2001 milan went to the state championship game and got beat by i think marshall county.

It was 2001 however, Milan lost to David Lipscomb for a runner up finish in State :thumb:

Milan has not been back to the state championship since 99 till last year. Westview lost to Goodpasture in 14-0 in 01. In 2006 Milan lost to Goodpasture 34-21 in the semis, Milan defeated Lipcomb 16-6 in 98 in 2A. They went back in 99 as a 3A team to beat Portland 21-14, becoming the first team to win back to back championships after moving up a class. Marshall County and Milan have only meet twice Milan won in 71 27-0 and Marshall County won in 84 19-0. In 71 Milan went on to win the stae chapionship 10-7 over Kingston a great game i was there. Good Luck the rest of the year! :thumb:

LOL, I did do some editing. In all reality, GC coaches/players know this will probably be the toughest game of the year as we are playing the defending state runner-ups. GC might have a trick or two up the sleeve. GC is past due. We played a great solid game against Humboldt in week 0 and I felt as if that might've been a sign of things to come. Unfortunately, we've been blasted the last two games by Dresden and Ripley. At the beginning of this season, I thought the playoffs might've been a possibility with what we had coming back this year and the type of offense we were running. We've dug ourself in a huge hole and the road ahead only gets tougher for GC.

That was 2006 I do believe. GC went on to the Region semi's that year and lost to USJ. We had a great coach that year that got caught up in some controversy. He went to Ripley that next year and took them to the state tournaments I believe.

actually it was 2001 milan went to the state championship game and got beat by i think marshall county.

It was 2001 however, Milan lost to David Lipscomb for a runner up finish in State :thumb:

We started off talking about the year GC beat Milan in baseball, lol. NO RAIN IN DYER SO FAR TODAY! I was in Milan earlier and it was raining pretty steadily. No rain as of yet at GCHS.

GC has never beaten Milan in football. In 2005, the year GC defeated #2 ranked Westview, GC played with milan for 1 half, but Milan came out in the second half and controlled the game. It was something like 21-14 at the half with Milan leading and winded up being 37-14.

Congratulations to the Bulldawgs on their W! As noticable, Coach Morris could've scored 100 if he wanted to. Milan is a great team with many great athletes and classy as well. You never once saw a Milan player hotdogging out on the field. They just played the game and played it well. Avery's a beast and looks like a legit D1 player out there on the field. He reminds me of Chris Donald in his Junior season when Chris was dominating. Zach Ryan impressed me with his passing ability. His passes were crisp and right on the money! Best of luck to the 'Dawgs this season!!!! I'm going to watch your buddies over in East TN play next Friday for the second time this year. (Alcoa)

Congratulations to the Bulldawgs on their W! As noticable, Coach Morris could've scored 100 if he wanted to. Milan is a great team with many great athletes and classy as well. You never once saw a Milan player hotdogging out on the field. They just played the game and played it well. Avery's a beast and looks like a legit D1 player out there on the field. He reminds me of Chris Donald in his Junior season when Chris was dominating. Zach Ryan impressed me with his passing ability. His passes were crisp and right on the money! Best of luck to the 'Dawgs this season!!!! I'm going to watch your buddies over in East TN play next Friday for the second time this year. (Alcoa)

GC does it look like you guys will get your injured players back healthy for the stretch.

Not all of them. The boy that got knocked out will most likely be out for a couple more weeks. At first, they thought it might be the season, but the doctor said it'd be just a few weeks. Niki Brasher was back to playing this week after injuring his knee against Ripley and Michael Keal was back playing LB and kicker after he injured his shoulder at Ripley. We still have 1 or 2 out right now, but I'm not sure what their deal is.