McKenzie vs Gleason

VOLnWTN

Well, this is the first time I've posted on Coacht this year and probably the third time i've even been on the site this year. To get to my point and clear some things up: I have the upmost respect for every player on Mck team. I know how hard they work. I know they have guys that play through pain. And i envy the type of commitment they have over there.

I probably shouldn't even post at all but I'm going to. First of all, I did not call #20 weak personally. The comment I made (in mind with Fussell (aka super linebacker) being gone and new people at inside lb's) was the point that we didn't feel like Mck was as good there as the previous year. It was not a comment that Hargrove or whoever was horrible or whatever. I had to find something and some way to motivate and try to get our guys to believe we could compete. And by trying to make them believe that maybe there was an area to exploit, we might play above our heads a little. It's not personal and obviously some kid on my team took it that way and felt the need to talk about it. Obviously that was not the case. Best linebackers and defense we've played against sense we played against you guys and Union City last year. Good luck to Mckenzie the rest of this season and the playoffs.

Coach, don't worry about this. We all know that you wouldn't say things like that!!!! The Bulldog program is as much class as any team we play. There are always rumors and smack talk around some games every season. You are coaching my grandson now on the Middle School team and he will move to High School next season. So I hear plenty of reports on the program there and the class and professionalism it has. Started to speak to you Thursday night but didn't for some reason??? You walked right by me twice before the game.........something about getting the walk swept off!!! LOL

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Chip. LJ and I in the booth kind of thought it was face guarding. I did not see the horse collar but it could have happened.
I was also suprised how easily the Rebels dominated the game early. 2nd quarter on Gleason could do nothing. I did notice looking at the weights of the line for Gleason they were not as big as in years past. But give credit to Coach Lampkins and his staff.

Oh and I will also say they got rooked on 2 calls by the officials. The one horsecollar call was not there. We thought in the box that they were going to get the Rebels for illegal hands to the face. And the pass inteference down around the goal line was total non-sense. Great play by the Bulldog DB.

Good luck to Gleason the rest of the way.

Now on to Humboldt...........

The horse collar I have no idea' date=' but the pass interference was actually face guarding. DB made no attempt at the ball. I was standing within 20 feet of the play it was a good call. Other then the call you mentioned I thought officials did good job, not the case the night before on the taters field. Good luck Gleason with rest of your season hope you win the the rest of your schedule.

GO REBELS[/quote']

V&T1, I'm with Chip, it was faceguarding big time and the horsecollar was really a facemask which could easily be seen from our side but likely not from the side you were on since it was right on the sidelines. I say both good calls. Just my opinion but wish all our games were called this well. NO comment on the Thursday night game!!!!

In ending thoughts, Gleason will win some more games both in HS and in MS IMO. They are starting to get it together again under coach Lampkins. If they had 350 kids to choose from it could get ugly quick!!! for the rest of us

Closing note to coach Lampkins, it's easy for a kid to get caught up in the heat of the moment and say things out of context. It happens every day somewhere. It isn't lost on those of us in McKenzie how fine a bunch of people the folks in Gleason are and how much class the sports programs in Gleason have. From watching the Middle School Dogs I'd have to say that ya'll will be very competitive for a few years to come if some other teams don't get to work and catch back up.