Lewis County fans... UGH

TheExpert

Being a region 5-AA fan, I read all the posts concerning the teams in our area and it amazes me at the immaturity of these people from Lewis County. Here are some excerpts from their posts:

Checkerboard (8-19-02)

"Lewis County fans get selective amnesia when it comes to their football team and its players.

Don't misinterpret this post. I am a Lewis County Football fan. It's just that every year I

get to hear the same thing..."This is THE year"...only to see the team get rocked by a speedy

West Tennessee team in the second or third round of the playoffs."

==================

Checkerboard (8-21-02)

"Do you hope or expect Lewis County to win the State? Be honest. Does your throat tighten up

when you hear the words "Martin" and "Westview" used together in the same sentence? Do you

wish West Tennessee was a different state, like West Virginia? Do you wish they would expand

the classifications to 1A through 10A? .......Until the Panthers win the Big One, I'll continue to be a doubter."

==================

Counterboot (8-29-02)

"Ellis got lucky against MC. He is a great guy, but not that tough a runner." (Referring to Lewis

County fullback Ellis Dailey)

=================

Donhaney (9-7-02)

(Re: Harpeth game) "Lewis County has FOUR scores called back by the officiating crew who were brutal on the Panthers!"

=================

Hillbilly85 (9-7-02)

"If it had not been for the officials Harpeth would have been beat ALOT worse.It was rediculous!I seem to remember the same scenario last season. So I guess our boys played Harpeth and their refs , and won!!!"

================

Checkerboard (9-7-02)

" Lewis County looks good and Harpeth looks average. The refs kept this one closer than it should have been."

===============

LCHS 2003 (9-5-02)

"I am tired of seeing all this junk about my old teammates on here. Lewis County will beat Harpeth Friday, even if it is without their top reciever who was kicked off the team." (Apparently this guy?)

===============

LCHS Chick (9-13-02) (After the LOSS!)

"And like many others I'm waiting for the "excuses" to roll in!! How about it Panther26??

Aren't you the one that predicted LC to win easily?? Maybe you should concentrate on handing

out water and not predicting scores. ...... they have been extremly cocky at school. Maybe

they will learn and maybe not."

Memorial Park (9-13-02)

"i watch this game and tha refs must be smokin the rock because they made 1/2 a dozen bad calls"

LB Blitz (9-16-02)

"Thats a question the COACH has to answer!"

Snakes (9-16-02)

"If you put Sharp at Tailback he'd rush for over 1,000 yards. Why don't the coaches do it, who knows?"

These are excerpts from irate Panther fan posts from the past two days! I warned you, they cry, cry, cry when they lose one!

"David Sharp, while built like a Russian crap-house and fast as a Russian race-horse, has done nothing....."

"why are the coaches holding him back if he is indeed such a weapon. "

"and maybe this time we wont have to play the refs as well!?!?!"

"your a disgrace to your team and county!"

"Can't 2nd string QB Erin Hinson be used to hand the ball off?"

"the Panthers fan understand why their "superstar" is being held back"

"Why does David Sharp not play on the Defensive side of the ball?"

You are welcome to go back and check any of these posts. I stand by my thought that you Lewis County

people are spoiled to tbe bitter core! Maybe after another loss or two, we can hire a few of your coaches as assistants

up here in Waverly?

I don't see what your point is, Expert! I guess EVERYONE from Lewis Co. is immature and YOU are not. RIGHT? Most of the post you have listed complained about the refs in a VICTORY, not a loss, for LC. I don't see how that is immature, that is just stating fact. It doesn't really matter what the fans think anyway. The coaches coach and the players play and all we can do is watch and wish the best for our team! I suggest you do the same with your team!!! :confused:

[Edited by imasoftballer on 9-17-02 10:10A]

Look "Expert"....i started not to reply to this carzy heading but I can't stop thinking about it. I know I along with several other people are upset that someone as mature as a Waverly fan would go down to the level of actually expressing his opinion about something he knows nothing about?? I mean how mature is that? I can't remember one single time that a panther fan has made up a message titled to disgrace a whole county. Now granted I jave made posts abut some fans but only after they have taken shots at me or Lewis Co. first. The chances are good that you was not at the Harpeth game bc there were 4 scores called back on us. Now i agree with maybe 2 of them but the other 2 were horrible calls. As far as the fans being immature I don't really think any of our real fans are. Now granted there are gonn be those who support their team only when things are peachy but what true fan does not question some things about their team after a loss...not to mention one they felt like they should have won? Isn't that part of being a fan? But I guess we should just shut up and stay quiet and not give our opinions about the game or players or decisions about the coaches. I venture to say that every true Lewis Co. Panther fan knows what a great coaching staff we have. Anyone who knows anything about small town high school football knows how difficult it is to be a winning program year in year out. Our coaching staff continues to do that and continues to have our support. As for the David Sharp comments you posted.....those are not complaining or being immature....just questions brought up in the minds of the fans who feel we could use him at different places on the field. My personal opinion is that the QB is the general of the team on the field. David has always shown great leadership and when a big play is needed he has not be one to shy away. I will say and wonder why he is not involved some way in on the defense but our coaches know more than we the fans about our team and I trust they will make the best choice possible to put our Panthers in position to win every time we step on the field to play this great sport of football. So please "Expert".....as mature as you think you are....take a step up a level in maturity and not title a message post about any fans or teams. Let's just go out and support our teams coaches and other fans.....and enjoy this season win or lose. :)