Franklin HS (3-1) at Hillsboro HS (1-3)

retired rebel 64

Prayers to friends and family of Keylo Lee. Lost a great player for the Rebels on offense and defense. He will be missed. He has been a great player for three years.

2-0 in the district Rebs!!! Keep it going!!!

What happened to Keylo?

He got hurt on a play where he was tackled. The guy tackled him from behind so it wrapped up his leg. I have heard that he broke his ankle and I also heard that it was just a sprain. If I get real word I will let you know.

Great job Rebels. :oops: Ford and Dye looked great so I believe the OL is getting better. I don't agree fully with LONGHORNS. The passing game was better, but it sure wasn't great. I remember a few passes that were down the field. Dye caught the TD right before the half and someone caught a pass on that drive also. The rest were short passes and those little one yard passes to the WR (What are those???)

But I will say the coaches worked hard this week and made the REBELS better. I won't be able to go next week to Louisville so bring us back a victory. :oops:

Also it is the SWAMP Time!! GO VOLS!! Kiffin is the man!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last 10 years 4A has been a stronger classification than 5A. Outside of the private schools, 4A has been better across the state. Take Rutherford Co out of the mix, 4A has been way better. It's obvious that HHS did not make the right hire for Head Coach ( nothing personal ). There are enough key players that returned from last year to build around to have a competitive team. From what I've seen and heard, they are not a good football team. Williamson Co. is fortunate that the reclassification did not take place 10 years ago as you would all be chasing HHS.

I think the parity of the old 5A/new 6A is why many people feel like it was/is stronger than the old 4A/new 5A.

Maryville, HHS were the ONLY programs in 4A that won the state championship since 2000, and at least one of them was in the championship game every year. Also, the combination of HHS-Maryville and Maryville-Melrose was the 4A State Championship game 6 times in 9 years. In fact, Memphis East, Maplewood, and Morristown West were the only other teams to even make an appearance in the 4A state championship game since 2000. So only 6 different programs even made an appearance in the state championship and only two different programs won the championship in 9 years.

Now, compare to 5A for the same time period: Red Bank-Riverdale, Riverdale-Hendersonville, Riverdale-Brentwood, Riverdale-Germantown, Riverdale-Franklin, Oak Ridge-Ravenwood, Smyrna-Ravenwood, Smyrna-Independence, Oakland-Franklin

Riverdale appeared was in the championship game 5 years in a row, but only managed two state championships. 7 DIFFERENT programs won the 5A state championship and 11 DIFFERENT programs have made championship game appearances since 2000. Only Smyrna and Riverdale won more than one (two championships each). Only Riverdale (5), Smyrna(2), Franklin (2), and Ravenwood(2) had more than one appearance in the championship game. Additionally, no two teams matched up in the championship game more than once. The only thing was that either Rutherford County or Williamson County had representatives in every championship game and they both had representatives in 5 of the 9 years.

However, that being said, I always believed that Maryville-HHS were the best two teams in Murfreesboro in the 4 years they faced off and I would have gladly put either team against any of the 5A representatives.

Prayers to friends and family of Keylo Lee. Lost a great player for the Rebels on offense and defense. He will be missed. He has been a great player for three years.

He got hurt on a play where he was tackled. The guy tackled him from behind so it wrapped up his leg. I have heard that he broke his ankle and I also heard that it was just a sprain. If I get real word I will let you know.

Thanks for the info. Just heard the same thing from someone else. longhornshookem needs to be careful about how they post stuff. The way they put it, it sounded like Keylo had died. We were freaking out until we got your reply. If someone is going to put what they did, they really should say what the problem was. Not leave people hanging. Not everyone went to the game and you can't find a lick of coverage about the Rebels on the Tennessean anywhere?

What is up with the Tennessean's news blackout on the Rebels anyway? In 2006, when our son was a sophomore, the Rebels were in the paper every week. Since then there probably hasn't been a handful of stories about FHS in the Tennessean. What, did the sports editor go to Brentwood or something? Someone needs to start a letter writing campaign to the Tennessean about FHS never being in the paper anymore. You would think that the FHS vs. HHS game would get some press. But, heck no, not a word about it.

Thanks for the info. Just heard the same thing from someone else. longhornshookem needs to be careful about how they post stuff. The way they put it, it sounded like Keylo had died. We were freaking out until we got your reply. If someone is going to put what they did, they really should say what the problem was. Not leave people hanging. Not everyone went to the game and you can't find a lick of coverage about the Rebels on the Tennessean anywhere?

What is up with the Tennessean's news blackout on the Rebels anyway? In 2006, when our son was a sophomore, the Rebels were in the paper every week. Since then there probably hasn't been a handful of stories about FHS in the Tennessean. What, did the sports editor go to Brentwood or something? Someone needs to start a letter writing campaign to the Tennessean about FHS never being in the paper anymore. You would think that the FHS vs. HHS game would get some press. But, heck no, not a word about it.

Yep! The Tennessean is definitely not covering the Franklin games. Last year my son played for FHS and we got "a little" press... on a team that went to State. This year my son's in the Army and I try to find info about the games to send to him. But the Tennessean, Review Appeal and Williamson Hearald aren't giving any press to the FHS team... I can't even get the scores! Now that's pathetic. I can read about BHS, CHS IHS, etc. but not a word about Franklin HS. But luckily I can count on Coach T to give me info to send off to my son!

Yes, I did not know what happened to Keylo immediately. I APOLOGIZE FOR PUTTING EVERYONE IN SUSPENSE. That was not very smart on my part! Yes, Keylo has a deep bruise from what I heard as well. Hopefully, he is not out for very long.

fbforme... All I know is the passing game looked a lot better THAN WHAT IT HAS BEEN! Plain and simple. This was the best game they have had so far. So, why keep on with the negativity. I think real Rebel fans should be excited that the passing game is taking positive steps instead of negative because it will only help them in the long run. Like I said, ALL THE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE MIGHT BE PAYING OFF. Which should be great for the later half of the season. The passing touchdown that happened before the half was HUGE. I remeber it A because it was huge for the team and it was over the LB'ers and between the safeties which is one of the hardest throws in football. Give them a break! The QB only threw a pick which to me looked like a bad coaching call that put the QB in a bad situation. The big thing was that the QB bounced back off an INT. Offense looked a lot better no doubt. Like I said we have to wait until next Friday to see if the offense holds true.

Any way, all the way around a much better performance by the boys in maroon!!! On to Lousiville!!

Don't expect any coverage next week either, unless you subscribe to a paper in Louisville :roflol:

Hey Longhorns, I was not as negative as you YELLED at me!! I said it was better but not as GREAT as you said the passing game was. That was a nice pass on the TD (especially since according to you that is the hardest throw in football :x ) Heck if we can make the "hardest throw in football" , then what are we throwing those 1 yard routes to the WR's for? I am just wondering. :?

Why are you so QUICK TO YELL AT people who question things on Coach T? Are you the QB's daddy? I wonder since you called out the play calling by saying the coach put the QB in a bad position on the interception. As a fan, I got to say it looked like he threw the ball right to the boy from Hillsboro. There was no way our WR was going to catch that ball. I wasn't going to bring up the interception, but since you did that is what I saw.

I know you are going to get mad. You have been getting on to me since this summer when I started about the schedule. I still think the schedule could have been done better (although I will have to agree with the guy from Oakland, last night was similar to a home game) BUT IT WAS NOT!!! And now you will get on to me since I questioned the passing game.

I guess you want me to jump up and tell everyone in the stands to clap louder when we complete those 1 yard passes to the outside. OK LONGHORNS, what ever you say :thumb:

Don't expect any coverage next week either, unless you subscribe to a paper in Louisville  :roflol: Hey Longhorns,  I was not as negative as you YELLED at me!!  I said it was better but not as GREAT as you said the passing game was.  That was a nice pass on the TD (especially since according to you that is the hardest throw in football  :x )  Heck if we can make the "hardest throw in football" , then what are we throwing those 1 yard routes to the WR's for?  I am just wondering. :? Why are you so QUICK TO YELL AT people who question things on Coach T?  Are you the QB's daddy?  I wonder since you called out the play calling by saying the coach put the QB in a bad position on the interception.  As a fan, I got to say it looked like he threw the ball right to the boy from Hillsboro.  There was no way our WR was going to catch that ball.  I wasn't going to bring up the interception, but since you did that is what I saw.I know you are going to get mad.  You have been getting on to me since this summer when I started about the schedule.  I still think the schedule could have been done better (although I will have to agree with the guy from Oakland, last night was similar to a home game)  BUT IT WAS NOT!!!    And now you will get on to me since I questioned the passing game.I guess you want me to jump up and tell everyone in the stands to clap louder when we complete those 1 yard passes to the outside.  OK LONGHORNS, what ever you say  :thumb:

Ok... you are right. I am not trying to yell, I promise.  I am just trying to get my point across. From now on... duly noted on the caps. I am not the QB's daddy either. But since I took such a hard stance against the Wilco Trifecta against the passing game, I feel I still need to back it and my comments (especially after the new improvement). 

If you go back and read my post I never said that the passing game was "great" but better and also I never said that the TD throw was the "toughest throw in football", but a very difficult throw to complete. I clearly state that and you put words in my mouth each time in your post. I am excited that the QB is making tough throws now especially after the first games not so hot performances. All I want is the team to succeed and I just think they are better when they are balanced especially after last year.

fbforme... I apologize. Go Rebels

Hey "longhorns" maybe finally completing a singular decent pass against a team who has won one game thus far is not really that big a deal. Explain the previous week against OHS when a QB (who can complete the "hardest-pass-in-football"... what a joke) went 5/ 19, but 3 of those passes where behind the line-of-scrimmage.

"Longhorns" is nobody's Dad (because I would be ashamed to even think that somebody of his intellect would be fathering a young-man into maturity). He is simply and apparently the only supporter of the passing game at Franklin, and maybe he would be more at home supporting a program who has the speed/ ability/ coaching capabilities to throw the ball. I think being the only supporter of the passing game among a group of individuals who actively support the running game (and have better arguments & football knowledge) is starting to get under his skin.

Loosing Keylo Lee (for however long) is a big sign of trouble for the Rebels running game, because Alex Ford has been a huge disappointment thus far this season, and Keylo has been the only ground threat out of that back-field.