4A teams goes down by 1A team in 22 point loss

kylemeek11

I have plenty of respect but when folks get on here and TARGET Union City all of the time...someone has to defend like myself and Purple & Gold Standard.

Most of the replys I do are when someone else makes a comment about Union City when they have not even seen them play so I return a favor and do the same thing.

Union City is lacking in depth as well but has kids that play the entire game. We have no choice.

Now, getting back to what was and has been said.....I only defend when defending is needed and I am NOT going to pull up this website and read everyone say this and that about Union City on the negetive side.

I did't start this post nor many other on here....but when someone gets off on a post of the origional title, then things get to where they are now.

Like the post here said...."4A Team does down by 1A in 22 point loss" so what. Like P & G said...it has been like this with these two schools since the start of time.

So as I end here, I will defend what I think is a jab at Union City or even Obion County. Just because Humboldt has played Henry County and others doesn't mean a thin. Obion has played Crockett County and other schools but Union City held them to their lowest point total. Everyone also thought Tennessee was going to get blown out by the Gators...didn't happen so it all goes to defending my team.

And that's the rest of the story....good day!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...let me just say this...Union City will add Humboldt to the list of upper class teams they will beat this year.

You don't have it. You might give us a game early but Union City will take your team down. Sorry....your remembering the coaches and days of old like Cain and Tucker....

Union City is nothing fansy at all....we will run the ball right down your throat. If not around your neck. Just wait and see.

Huntingdon really though they would come in and blast us away. Didn't happen til we got tired at the end.

We have 6 different ways to run the ball and then lure you to sleep then the little dump pass.

See you at the game my friend....

ucdiditagain...i'm sorry to tell you that you will NOT see me at the Humboldt/Union City game on October 9th...however..you'd better heed the wisdom of GCPioneer when he speaks of Quan Campbell and the Humboldt Viking offense. They are very similar to the Mustangs in their ability to quickly move the ball up and down the field. Their defense is not very deep but definately physical and are able to contain many teams' running attacks. As a matter of fact..they did a fairly good job early against HC during Week 1. Their biggest issue is depth.

Where will I be you ask.....well...I'll be in Clarksville to see the Patriots tangle with one of their oldest rivals...the Wildcats of Clarksville High! Where you got the idea that I was from somewhere in Gibson Co puzzles me but trust me...there's not but 2 teams on the HC schedule that your Tornadoes would be favored in...and that would be against Kenwood and West Creek. Now..could you win more than 2...possibly...you might even beat Humboldt....but....my point is...many of these other schools on UC's schedule deserve a little more respect than you apparently are willing to give. Union City is very good...BUT..they aren't Maryville..Mitchell..MUS..or Melrose...so lighten up just a hair!

First off...Humboldt's offense is not similar to Huntingdon's...None of Humboldt's backs compare to Holder....

Second..I know you are not comparing a 5A team's schedule with that of a 1A team??....Surely that's not what I'm reading??...

Third..I've NEVER seen anyone on here compare Union City to Maryville,Mitchell,MUS or Melrose....

Fourth..Back at the start of the season I picked UC to either go 9-1 or 8-2, I can't remember but the tough games I thought UC would have to really play well in were Huntingdon,TCA and yes Humboldt...