4A teams goes down by 1A team in 22 point loss

kylemeek11

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well....first..you must have been overly excited when you added this post..cause your spelling and grammar is horrible. Secondly...SO WHAT...did anyone expect Obion Co. to keep it close? Who cares what the enrollment at OCCHS is...they are AWFUL!! To my knowledge, only 11 play at once. However, I do have a question for my Obion County neighbors...when is the last time the Rebels beat the Twisters??

2006. 46-7 victory at Union City which was the last of five consecutive victories for OC. And NO they are not awful! Have you been to any of there games? I doubt it. The score was as bad as it was because of Union City having a short field to work with because of untimely turnovers and an interception returned for a touchdown at the end. Statistacally OC was as good as UC. OC quarterback Patrick Haskins finished with 256 yards rushing on 22 carries for the Rebs and both touchdowns. OC is now 2-3 on the season going into there off Week.

REbfan....you're team has not beaten a Tennessee team yet. Many Northwest TN teams play Fulton Co., KY and Fulton City, KY for a reason....they too are awful! They are easy wins usually for any TN team...no matter how bad! Likewise for Cape Central, MO. The fact that Union City pulled off some miracle just because their overall enrollment is much less than that of their Troy neighbors is comical!! Union City is a very descent football team no matter what their enrollment numbers and their classification...as is Humboldt, as is Huntingdon! All of which..would do the same thing to the OCCHS Rebels.

Yes, I do think the Rebels will win a couple games...even district games...! Ripley, Covington, and Gibson Co., if you wanna be extremely optimistic...choose 2 out of those 3!

For Union City...next week's opponent TCA is a little better than most people expected...the Tornadoes should still be OK on the road next week in Jackson. BUt the real showdown will be on Oct. 9th when the Vikings come to town. Tip your hat to Humboldt's coaching staff for stepping out and playing West TN's 2 best team in Milan and Henry Co. These have been there only 2 losses.

Again...last night's win...is not a shocker..no matter how wide the margin!!

Oh MY Gosh.....Are you kidding me. Humboldt...yes they did play Milan and Henry Co. but the almost and should have gotten beat by South Fulton. Yes, they had a T D called back and should have won.

So, Humboldt might give the Tornadoes a game for a minute but not long.

As for the Rebels....They are much better than in the past but are ONLY a one man team with Haskins. They have NO kicking game, they have not much of a passing game, just to name a few but they have gotten better.

Also, I really don't think they will win another game. That game last night took alot out of them. Then look at the teams they have beaten...last year the two team they have beaten this year were 2 and 18...not very good.

Both teams in this game shot themselves in the foot and Union City really had the opportunity to put the game away very early but let the Rebels hang around.

Oh MY Gosh.....Are you kidding me. Humboldt...yes they did play Milan and Henry Co. but the almost and should have gotten beat by South Fulton. Yes, they had a T D called back and should have won.

So, Humboldt might give the Tornadoes a game for a minute but not long.

As for the Rebels....They are much better than in the past but are ONLY a one man team with Haskins. They have NO kicking game, they have not much of a passing game, just to name a few but they have gotten better.

Also, I really don't think they will win another game. That game last night took alot out of them. Then look at the teams they have beaten...last year the two team they have beaten this year were 2 and 18...not very good.

Both teams in this game shot themselves in the foot and Union City really had the opportunity to put the game away very early but let the Rebels hang around.

Yes UCdiditagain..I said Humboldt! Judging from your reaction...you must not know much about them. They are a very old school in Gibson Co...the same county that Milan, Trenton, Gibson Co. High, and South Gibson are located. They have too losses and a win in which you question... just happens to be the only loss of the season for Coach Snow's Falcons! In an effort to give the Tornadoes the benifit of the doubt...you make if very difficult in that...the only solid competition that the Tornadoes have faced all season resulted in defeat! Well..you weren't there...we had them late...we turned it over...da da da da....save it!! Humboldt WILL give you a game...and judging from you previous schedule and success...probably will beat you!! Remember who said it!

Well...let me just say this...Union City will add Humboldt to the list of upper class teams they will beat this year.

You don't have it. You might give us a game early but Union City will take your team down. Sorry....your remembering the coaches and days of old like Cain and Tucker....

Union City is nothing fansy at all....we will run the ball right down your throat. If not around your neck. Just wait and see.

Huntingdon really though they would come in and blast us away. Didn't happen til we got tired at the end.

We have 6 different ways to run the ball and then lure you to sleep then the little dump pass.

See you at the game my friend....

Advisor: Though I really don't care for your assesment of the Rebels, I do agree with you on one thing. Union City has dominated this series from the beginning. They have always had better athletes than Central. It never mattered until they lost five in a row to OC till the classification thing started coming up. Union City use to have a swagger when they played no matter who was in front of them from whatever classification. I don't like it being brought up because it never used to matter. As for you ucdiditagain, last nights game didn't take anything more out of Central than it did UC. That is not the end all for our season. Because our passing game was not good last night does not mean it's not good. Union City just did a good job of covering. Haskins has over 700 yards passing this season. He just does his damage mostly with his feet. You need to quit looking at things with those Purple&Gold glasses!

ucdiditagain, you better watch what you say about Humboldt. They have a RB that is just as explosive and as quick as Kennon Holder. That being Quan Campbell. Keep in mind that Humboldt was playing Milan to a 7-0 game at the half and playing Henry Co. to a 7-6 game at the half. You're taking Humboldt way too lightly and that's what gets teams beat. Overall, Humboldt will be quicker than Union City.

"Huntingdon really though they would come in and blast us away. Didn't happen til we got tired at the end.".......This is a quote made by you. In the beginning of the season you were telling everyone that no team this year would be in better shape than your Tornados. It seems as if your eating some of your words. You might be eating them after Humboldt beats you!

Well...let me just say this...Union City will add Humboldt to the list of upper class teams they will beat this year.

You don't have it. You might give us a game early but Union City will take your team down. Sorry....your remembering the coaches and days of old like Cain and Tucker....

Union City is nothing fansy at all....we will run the ball right down your throat. If not around your neck. Just wait and see.

Huntingdon really though they would come in and blast us away. Didn't happen til we got tired at the end.

We have 6 different ways to run the ball and then lure you to sleep then the little dump pass.

See you at the game my friend....

ucdiditagain...i'm sorry to tell you that you will NOT see me at the Humboldt/Union City game on October 9th...however..you'd better heed the wisdom of GCPioneer when he speaks of Quan Campbell and the Humboldt Viking offense. They are very similar to the Mustangs in their ability to quickly move the ball up and down the field. Their defense is not very deep but definately physical and are able to contain many teams' running attacks. As a matter of fact..they did a fairly good job early against HC during Week 1. Their biggest issue is depth.

Where will I be you ask.....well...I'll be in Clarksville to see the Patriots tangle with one of their oldest rivals...the Wildcats of Clarksville High! Where you got the idea that I was from somewhere in Gibson Co puzzles me but trust me...there's not but 2 teams on the HC schedule that your Tornadoes would be favored in...and that would be against Kenwood and West Creek. Now..could you win more than 2...possibly...you might even beat Humboldt....but....my point is...many of these other schools on UC's schedule deserve a little more respect than you apparently are willing to give. Union City is very good...BUT..they aren't Maryville..Mitchell..MUS..or Melrose...so lighten up just a hair!