Campbell County at Clinton

ethel77

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton 60, CC 7

Campbell Co. is coming off a big win tonight and i think they will be pumped up and ready to play some football! So im picking Clinton by 42! :thumb:

yea Campbell Co. finally got a district win defeating Hardin Valley. next weeks game looks to be a huge challenge for the Cougars as they at Clinton, If the Cougars win it will be impressive and give them a hopefull shot at the playoffs, but Clinton looks very strong and good contender to win the district. I'll second the 42 by Clinton,

Clinton 3 Campbell Co. 2.

In a game for the ages, Campbell Co. dominates in every facet of the game, outgaining the Dragons 653 to 12. The Cougars spend most of the night in the Dragons redzone, only to come up empty-handed offensively because of 13 fumbles, an interception and 4 blocked kicks. The Dragons' vaunted offensive attack is bottled up for the first time all season, with Darian Stone completing only 2 of 35 passes for -9 yards and Weston Hazelhurst gaining only 1 yard on 22 carries. Hazelhurst is also tackled in his own endzone after the Dragons attempt a halfback pass hail mary play at the end of the first half. Josh Willard connects on a 84-yard field goal as time expires for the Dragons to remain undefeated this season.

I've had the opportunity to see both Clinton and Campbell County and expect Clinton to beat Campbell County by 40 something points. I also beleive Clinton has a great chance to run the table and go pretty deep in the playoffs. But the one thing that may come back and bite them in the rear is if they pick up the attitudes of the Clinton posters on this board. Overconfidence even against a mediocre team can cost you a ballgame. Probably not this week but in weeks to come. Be proud of the team you have on the field and always think you are going to win but watch the overconfident(cocky) attitudes. Good luck Dragons! Most of all, stay healthy!!

Their schedule is a cake-walk....

The stars really have aligned for this Clinton team. A couple of years ago, this schedule would have been much tougher (Halls, Powell, Central, and Oak Ridge definitely aren't as talented this year). Clinton should roll, 49-7.

True...all of these teams they are playing are way down...