Ooltewah-Maplewood

bipbopzot

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT POST BIPBOP! YOU NEED TO KEEP HANGIN OUT WITH US IT HAS RAISED YOUR IQ AT LEAST 50 POINTS.

NOW GO GET AN AVATAR!

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON?

GOOD GAME GOOSE!

I tried to get a avator..it wouldnt let me....I was happy for Goose,there at the end and for Jordan Patty.Smith came to play!!! Who's idea was it to put #5 in at the end?

HAD TO BE THE BEST PLAY CALLER IN THE STATE THAT PUT HIM IN! BENNY MONROE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DONT KNOW!

Dude,you should've heard some parents?(I'll not mention thier names on here),but,they were dogging Benny....the whole game!!!! They have no idea,dude!!

Why would anyone curse Benny, he was not the one putting the ball on the carpet. He continually makes the half time adjustments that get us the W. Maplewood only scored 3 points after the break to 16 for the Owls. It did look like we were going to take it to them to start the game. We just lost confidence and made those stupid mistakes. What was up with Greene last night? He gouged them to start the game and then was in and out after that. I thought the O line had a great game. Yes we gave up a sack or two, but that had to do with coverage as much as them getting beat. The QB play was bad. Sorry, but it was. He had time especially when he rolled out and either threw the ball at their feet, over their head etc. What can we say the Owls have learned to win close games and that is important.

Go Owls

OK, I ve thought about the game last night and first and foremost OWLS PUT THE BALL ON THE GROUND way to much(need to work on covering it up at all times)#4 was in lala land all night, granted he had some good runs but couldnt finish,#44 was carrying the ball like i ve never seen ANYBODY carry it in open field.... ridiculous!!!! The more i watch Reed he has all the ability in the world but for some reason he looks like he s got ALOT of pressure on him from somewhere besides CoachT....he played loose and great last week and this week he was wound tighter than a banjo for some reason???????? If he can mentally just play to his ability every week he would be the best QB in the area. I cant even start to say enough about the O line last night THEY BLOCKED great all night. Defense was on top of there game last night and thank goodness for Flanders and his speed after getting burned. And as far as Reed throwing it in the grass........anybody with any sense knows why, he got picked a couple of times and was over compensating which is the just human and anybody who s ever played knows that happens in football, baseball and alot of other sports.....he ll straighten up i hope. :thumb: Good play calling won that game in the red zone.

Before the turnover debacle, Owls showed what kind of potential they really have. Then let MWood back into the game. MISTAKE.

Owls (execution) played as bad as it could. Yet, beat a strong, big, and fast team from 4A.

Look on the bright side. Looks like we will be #1 in 6A going into our district run. Owls will probably go undefeated and enter the playoffs #1 in 6A. Not too bad.

Way to go players.....Way to go coaches....made it through hard part of schedule. now let's roll!!!!!!!!

Part of the fun of following and enjoying football is to arm-chair coach...so get over it! If a parent is yelling at the coach during a game, I'm fine with it. They are into the game, excited about the team and want to see them do well. Why would a coach be off limits? No other aspect of the game is. We second guess players' decisions, referees' calls, play calling, schedules, price of game admission, uniform choices, announcer's calls, cheerleaders, the band, the concession stand, and just about everything else surrounding a game. Remember, the head coach, along with the rest of the coaching staff, decides who plays.

As far as the game is concern; I thought the play calling was very good last night. We mixed up passes, reverses, a screen pass and continued to throw the ball even though our QB wasn't having his best game. There were times when certain plays were repeated and blew up in the backfield; plays were yelled to our QB across the field with a d-back standing closer to our coach than our QB. There were also times when plays were not set up from previous plays. For those of you that don't have children on the team...the main reason we ran the "Bone" formation near the end zone was because the players strongly suggested we run it. Did you not see them walking towards coach with their arms crossed? And that’s ok; they should suggest something and the coach should take their advice if he feels it might be successful. That’s part of a team effort. If you have a kid on the team, or know one personally that actually plays and is involved, ask them about it.

Overall though, great job by our coaching staff considering the limited time of possession. They kept their cool, made adjustments and coached hard through the end of the game. The execution on offense was poor for the most part and concentration of ball carriers was weak...i.e. fumbles, bad exchanges, bad passes, running to wrong holes, stupid penalties. A lot of teams have these issues the first game back after their off week. The effort of the players and coaches was definitely there, contributing greatly to the win. The O-line played very well against a physical and well-coached opponent.

Also, Corey Flanders had what I think was his best game of the year. Jacques Smith, Andrew Mayfield also had great games...standouts for sure! Defense came up big in the 4th quarter and our special teams play was absolutely awesome the entire night. I saw some blocks and returns that were unbelievable!

Great win! Keep rolling Owls!