Ooltewah-Maplewood

bipbopzot

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Maplewood a 4a school? A good team is a good team, regardless of class. :thumb:

Class AA (4A Playoffs)

Maplewood let this one get away.

still not too bad MHS!

5 road games in a row(MBA, David Lispcomb, Hunters Lane, CPA, Ooltewah) ..what other team has had to do this?

Region play up next vs PC ..and finally a home game!!

Still on track to grab Region Title!!

HAD TO BE THE BEST PLAY CALLER IN THE STATE THAT PUT HIM IN! BENNY MONROE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DONT KNOW!

Dude,you should've heard some parents?(I'll not mention thier names on here),but,they were dogging Benny....the whole game!!!! They have no idea,dude!!

I heard it all night long! Its a shame people cant be more supportive!

Part of the fun of following and enjoying football is to arm-chair coach...so get over it! If a parent is yelling at the coach during a game, I'm fine with it. They are into the game, excited about the team and want to see them do well. Why would a coach be off limits? No other aspect of the game is. We second guess players' decisions, referees' calls, play calling, schedules, price of game admission, uniform choices, announcer's calls, cheerleaders, the band, the concession stand, and just about everything else surrounding a game. Remember, the head coach, along with the rest of the coaching staff, decides who plays.

As far as the game is concern; I thought the play calling was very good last night. We mixed up passes, reverses, a screen pass and continued to throw the ball even though our QB wasn't having his best game. There were times when certain plays were repeated and blew up in the backfield; plays were yelled to our QB across the field with a d-back standing closer to our coach than our QB. There were also times when plays were not set up from previous plays. For those of you that don't have children on the team...the main reason we ran the "Bone" formation near the end zone was because the players strongly suggested we run it. Did you not see them walking towards coach with their arms crossed? And that’s ok; they should suggest something and the coach should take their advice if he feels it might be successful. That’s part of a team effort. If you have a kid on the team, or know one personally that actually plays and is involved, ask them about it.

Overall though, great job by our coaching staff considering the limited time of possession. They kept their cool, made adjustments and coached hard through the end of the game. The execution on offense was poor for the most part and concentration of ball carriers was weak...i.e. fumbles, bad exchanges, bad passes, running to wrong holes, stupid penalties. A lot of teams have these issues the first game back after their off week. The effort of the players and coaches was definitely there, contributing greatly to the win. The O-line played very well against a physical and well-coached opponent.

Also, Corey Flanders had what I think was his best game of the year. Jacques Smith, Andrew Mayfield also had great games...standouts for sure! Defense came up big in the 4th quarter and our special teams play was absolutely awesome the entire night. I saw some blocks and returns that were unbelievable!

Great win! Keep rolling Owls!

I agree totally! Good post zman. I just hope you dont have to sit where I do and hear the language I hear. Its bad when you cant even bring your family to a high school football game any more!

Instead of bashing 2 of the biggest failures...whewww.How about the O-line,the d-line ,Flanders,Delaney,Reed,Manning for the points!!!How can a team's offense play so bad and WIN at this level? To the person(s) that said SMITH#36 doesn't care,doesn't have it anymore,just wants to move on to TENNESSE..kiss his arse!! While teams are double teaming him,JORDAN PATTY has been the rock on a mountain of a defense.....Gerald Putnam,Bruelle and especially Andrew Mayfield#11 have been going off this year.,.not to forget Jones,Jackson,the always dependable Tracy Hunter(seems,he's been there forever),Flanders has been coming on as of late.Offense better get it together in the next 5 weeks.Just when you think the offense will get it going,guess what ?the same old characters turn it over.Ooltewah's offense better get a fire under it or 10-0 won't matter in the playoffs,when the same old song and dance puts an end to a dream season for the owls. Owl fans love football,but when you repeatedly see the same old thing it gets old QUICK!!! good luck to the owls...please god get to state.

Instead of bashing 2 of the biggest failures...whewww.How about the O-line,the d-line ,Flanders,Delaney,Manning for the points!!!(and Reed's only bright spot).How can a team's offense play so bad and WIN at this level? To the person(s) that said SMITH#36 doesn't care,doesn't have it anymore,just wants to move on to TENNESSE..kiss his arse!! While teams are double teaming him,JORDAN PATTY has been the rock on a mountain of a defense.....Gerald Putnam,Bruelle and especially Andrew Mayfield#11 have been going off this year.,.not to forget Jones,Jackson,the always dependable Tracy Hunter(seems,he's been there forever),Flanders has been coming on as of late.Offense better get it together in the next 5 weeks.Just when you think the offense will get it going,guess what ?the same old characters turn it over.Ooltewah's offense better get a fire under it or 10-0 won't matter in the playoffs,when the same old song and dance puts an end to a dream season for the owls. Owl fans love football,but when you repeatedly see the same old thing it gets old QUICK!!! good luck to the owls...please god get to state.

GOOSE'S DAD

Any word on Brady's right foot? It was pretty mangled after getting stepped on in the first half on Friday night, and certainly didn't help his passing. (it's his drive foot, so he couldn't fully get into his throws.) I'm not making excuses for him, but giving some facts that explained what happened. Good opportunity for others to get some work this week so they will be ready if needed later on in the season.

Any word on Brady's right foot? It was pretty mangled after getting stepped on in the first half on Friday night, and certainly didn't help his passing. (it's his drive foot, so he couldn't fully get into his throws.) I'm not making excuses for him, but giving some facts that explained what happened. Good opportunity for others to get some work this week so they will be ready if needed later on in the season.

No, that is a good question thorough97. People dont care the kid was playing on a bad toe and left the school with a boot on his foot after the game. They just want to complain about the play calling and playing time. Hope you get better quick Brady.

Jacques, playing with a strained hamstring and Brady with a bad toe, Eric with the flu.

Way to gut it out guys and get the win. That is putting the team before yourself! Some of us true fans realize the real situations and adversity you struggle with. Keep fighting, Keep fighting, Keep fighting, and then Keep fighting!